Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Chase Continental OnePass Plus - 25k+5k+$50

Chase Continental OnePass Plus - 25k+5k+$50

Old Aug 31, 10, 6:06 am

After a denial due to too many inquiries, they said they will only approve this card if I close my UA card which I opened in April for the 50K. I was scared they may try to take the 50K back so I said no.

Did I do the right thing?
Old Aug 31, 10, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL,CO,SWA
Well it appears I was approved for the card as when I log into chase.com I now have a United and Continental card showing. Bonus!
Old Aug 31, 10, 1:45 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Gold, AS 75k, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by Golden Sparrow View Post
Can we hypothetically say that if I got this card and was awarded with all the miles, got a United CC with their bonus miles, that I could get all these miles combined into one frequent flyer account when they merge in say, September?
That's exactly how it worked with people who opened both NWA and Delta cards: The bonus from both cards ended up in a merged Delta Skymiles account.

It will take a while, months probably, for CO and UA to merge their customers' ff accounts.
Old Aug 31, 10, 1:49 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Gold, AS 75k, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by mileshound View Post
After a denial due to too many inquiries, they said they will only approve this card if I close my UA card which I opened in April for the 50K. I was scared they may try to take the 50K back so I said no.

Did I do the right thing?
Depends. You have to keep the UA card open for at least six months; otherwise they can pull your bonus miles.

I would not be surprised if there is another CO bonus offer after September. I think you will get another chance.
Old Aug 31, 10, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
I signed up for the Chase CO OnePass Plus last week - spent about $120 thus far and the $50 credit just posted yesterday to my account. I’m just waiting for the 25k miles to post.

Last week, I signed up for the UA Mileage Plus Select card and three days ago it was showing under My Accounts on Chase Online. I received it yesterday and upon activating, the rep said I would indeed receive the 30,000 bonus miles after a $250 spend - we'll see if that holds true (not holding my breath) since I already have a UA Mileage Plus Visa Platinum which I use regularly - they significantly lowered the max spend on the old UA card which makes sense - too much avail credit.
Old Aug 31, 10, 7:06 pm

Programs: AMEX Gold MR into Avios, MileagePlus; AAdvantage; Skypesos
Originally Posted by Sterndogg View Post
I signed up for the Chase CO OnePass Plus last week - spent about $120 thus far and the $50 credit just posted yesterday to my account. Iím just waiting for the 25k miles to post.

Last week, I signed up for the UA Mileage Plus Select card and three days ago it was showing under My Accounts on Chase Online. I received it yesterday and upon activating, the rep said I would indeed receive the 30,000 bonus miles after a $250 spend - we'll see if that holds true (not holding my breath) since I already have a UA Mileage Plus Visa Platinum which I use regularly - they significantly lowered the max spend on the old UA card which makes sense - too much avail credit.
Is the 30,000 bonus miles after a $250 spend for UA the best offer available around? Wouldn't mind adding an extra 30,000 CO/UA pre-merger miles.
Old Sep 1, 10, 7:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
There was a thread over on the UA forum about 50,000 bonus miles for the Chase Signature United Card but it might be a targeted offer. I can't find the link to the application - might still be alive though.
Old Sep 1, 10, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Sterndogg View Post
There was a thread over on the UA forum about 50,000 bonus miles for the Chase Signature United Card but it might be a targeted offer. I can't find the link to the application - might still be alive though.
Ok so it is the last one I have read as well. Ok so this is the best not targeted offer. Thanks
Old Sep 2, 10, 5:14 pm

Does the additional user debit card after a year comes with a fee itself? Two fees for one account?
Old Sep 3, 10, 12:05 am

$95 Credit

Just saw this on a banner ad over in the continental forum. Statement credit is now at $95. Still 25+5 and annual fee waived first year.

EDIT: I just checked this morning and they've changed that link to eliminate the $95 credit. The best offer is still the OP with the $50 credit. Strange, the credit was in the offer last night. Should have jumped at it while I had the chance.

Last edited by Splittin' Aces; Sep 3, 10 at 9:03 am Reason: Banner Ad changed and Credit not part of offer anymore
Old Sep 3, 10, 1:13 pm

Business Card?

Is there also a business card option for thsi offer....I did not see an offer for a business card.....Frugal Travel guy tlaks about getting "both" cards
Old Sep 4, 10, 1:01 pm

Programs: WN CP, SPG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by Ripwell
http://www.thestreet.com/story/10846...m_ven=GOOGLEFI

"United(UAUA) and Continental(CAL) said the Justice Department has approved their planned merger and they expect it to close Oct. 1."
How long after this until the OnePass program ceases to exist?
Old Sep 10, 10, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by PhoenixFF View Post
Is there also a business card option for thsi offer....I did not see an offer for a business card.....Frugal Travel guy tlaks about getting "both" cards
Just log in to onepass and then to creditcards offers for the business offer.

Last edited by 2RETIREDTRAVELERS; Sep 12, 10 at 11:35 pm
Old Sep 15, 10, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold, HH Diamond
Does Chase still have that nasty only one card per 6 months rule? How do the business cards figure into that? Can you apply for one personal card and one biz card at the same time?
Old Sep 17, 10, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
They rule is definitely not that strict. Both my wife and I received cards more often than that. 3 for me, 2 for her. The closest two were ~2 months apart.

I've never used a business card from Chase so no comment on that...

As always, there are relatively few hard and fast rules in this.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by abcx View Post
Does Chase still have that nasty only one card per 6 months rule? How do the business cards figure into that? Can you apply for one personal card and one biz card at the same time?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: