Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Chase Continental OnePass Plus - 25k+5k+$50

Chase Continental OnePass Plus - 25k+5k+$50

Old Aug 19, 10, 7:02 pm

Programs: AMEX Gold MR into Avios, MileagePlus; AAdvantage; Skypesos
Originally Posted by tassojunior View Post
When is CO going away???
I have received a flyer offer in the mail advertising about the CO Onepass plus card telling me to apply before September, 30 2010. So maybe that's when.
Old Aug 19, 10, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ecq View Post
CO merged with United
No they didn't. You're several months premature.
Old Aug 19, 10, 7:36 pm
ecq

Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH View Post
Since you've already been credited the miles, the chance of them being withdrawn is next to null; unless, of course, if you cancel your card before six months have elapsed.

Chase used to have a provision in their terms and conditions for some of their mileage cc that miles could be withdrawn if accounts weren't kept open for at least six months.
Ok thanks, I don't plan on canceling until the year comes up.

Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
No they didn't. You're several months premature.
Are you serious? They're going to merge, are you that bored that you have to correct a little thing? It's going to happen, premature or mature. Get over it. This is why I stop coming on this forum, it's because of nitpickers like you.
Old Aug 19, 10, 8:30 pm

Can we hypothetically say that if I got this card and was awarded with all the miles, got a United CC with their bonus miles, that I could get all these miles combined into one frequent flyer account when they merge in say, September?

Or would that not work and/or matter?
Old Aug 20, 10, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Golden Sparrow View Post
Can we hypothetically say that if I got this card and was awarded with all the miles, got a United CC with their bonus miles, that I could get all these miles combined into one frequent flyer account when they merge in say, September?

Or would that not work and/or matter?
Yes, it is almost guaranteed that the miles from the two programs will be combined automatically. Merger probably won't be official until Dec/Jan at the earliest, so that will give you a bit more time to work the Chase CC angle.
Old Aug 25, 10, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL,CO,SWA
OK, I was denied for the older Continental card back in late April (since I also got the United 60k deal). Should I try and get this card now also? (Note: I recently was approved for 2 75k AA Visa/AmEx cards also?

I would like to try, but am thinking too much, too soon....
Old Aug 25, 10, 8:50 pm

no need to wait

Originally Posted by tassojunior View Post
When is CO going away???

I want this card for bonus but I'm sitting out 60 days from the 2 SPG July inquiries and hoping for the Citi AA before Oct.31. I assume CO's here until end of year but who knows.

Around DC Citi and AmEx both seem to use Experian. Chase is fickle. But it would regardless show on any credit report as a new account.

Ah, the waiting for next card bonus is like waiting for Santa.
Chase doesnt care if you got spg amex cards nor does citibank, its only if you have applied for a chase card recently
I got business and personal SPG cards in July and then got personal and business citi visas in Aug....the only time i was ever turned down was chase, right after i got their sapphire card I applied for the united card, they said too many and made me cancel my old chase freedom in order to approve the united card.
Old Aug 26, 10, 6:28 am

Programs: UA Premier-1K, DM,SM,BA,AA & SPG
My experience supports this. Applied for AMEX SPG personal and business and this card all within a few days. Each was approved. My 30k + $50 just posted. I did get my first call from a Chase representative noting that I had several products with them BA, 2 UA, and now this, and did I really mean to do this. They shifted some of the credit lines around and approved on the spot.
Old Aug 27, 10, 12:07 pm

Programs: Lotz
My concern isn't with Chase, it's with Citi. They seem much more concerned about recent credit and I'm planning my AA card apps for October.
Old Aug 28, 10, 3:30 am

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10846...m_ven=GOOGLEFI

"United(UAUA) and Continental(CAL) said the Justice Department has approved their planned merger and they expect it to close Oct. 1."
Old Aug 28, 10, 6:34 am

Programs: AMEX Gold MR into Avios, MileagePlus; AAdvantage; Skypesos
Originally Posted by flyaaah View Post
I have received a flyer offer in the mail advertising about the CO Onepass plus card telling me to apply before September, 30 2010. So maybe that's when.
Originally Posted by Ripwell View Post
http://www.thestreet.com/story/10846...m_ven=GOOGLEFI

"United(UAUA) and Continental(CAL) said the Justice Department has approved their planned merger and they expect it to close Oct. 1."
Sounds like I was right on the money
Old Aug 28, 10, 1:21 pm

So this new offer is not even close to prior best offer?

Originally Posted by rsercely View Post
Ah, for the old days....

Best offer I ever got - take the card, get a 2-for-1 trans-Atlantic ticket.

Took the card, booked 2 coach tickets for $500 (this was 12 years ago) got to the airporport, flight was over sold.

AA gave us $1000, each!!! Flew us to Chicago, paid for meals and hotels, and then on to Paris the next day.
Old Aug 28, 10, 1:25 pm

Programs: Lotz
After the AA cards, this is one I will get as I reason even if the CO card stays a few more months, they would have no reason to do a huge promo on it.

Of course I'm usually wrong on predicting these things and Chase has put first the "no fee 1st year" and then the $50 credit onto the card recently.
Old Aug 29, 10, 9:04 am

Was it announced that OnePass will not survive the merger and Milage Plus will?
Old Aug 30, 10, 3:35 pm

Programs: IHG,Hyatt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
Has anyone received the $50 statement credit yet ?

When I activated the card they told me the $50 credit was only good at continental.com

Search this Thread
Search Engine: