Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Chase Continental OnePass Plus - 25k+5k+$50

Chase Continental OnePass Plus - 25k+5k+$50

Old Oct 5, 10, 7:25 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
HoKo;

I also got the United 50k card back in April, and it is still open. I applied and was accepted for the CO card this weekend. So the rep was blowing smoke up your skirt.

Everything I have ever heard or read says 6 months is the magic number for Chase cards. You are safe to close after this time period.
Thx for the info!
Old Oct 5, 10, 4:11 pm

For a recent UA card promo it seemed that if you were elite you were eligible for more miles. For this and other CO airline cards does it make any difference what level your FF membership is?

Last edited by best; Oct 5, 10 at 4:16 pm
Old Oct 6, 10, 9:07 am

Has anyone that was initially rejected had any luck getting Chase to allocate some funds from other credit lines to the CO card in order to get it opened?
Old Oct 6, 10, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Chairman's Club
Not sure if this is the same exact offer or not, but this one states a 11/30 approval deadline.

To enjoy all the benefits of the OnePass Plus Card, you must apply and be approved by Nov. 30, 2010.
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...30AU&mkid=605Z
Old Oct 6, 10, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL,CO,SWA
Data Point: I was initially rejected for the original Continental MC about a couple of weeks after I got the United 50k deal. I waited until mid-August and applied for the OnePass card. I was accepted and got an additional card for my wife. I also got a $50 credit. Just this week I got the 30k miles and still have a negative balance on my card....

Now I have to find my flights.....
Old Oct 6, 10, 2:23 pm

May I ask clarification: did you use the new card ? But apparently if you used it : used it for less than the $50 credit?
Old Oct 6, 10, 10:42 pm

Completely noob-ish question but:

They say that the Co CC comes with two Presidents Club passes, does anyone know when those are handed out? Do they mail them to you after you pass the year mark? Or should they have come with the card in the mail? Or does one ask for them when they check in on a Co flight?

Just wondering if I'll ever get to experience a lounge soon.
Old Oct 7, 10, 12:13 pm
ck8

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM/United Mileage Plus/Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Golden Sparrow View Post
Completely noob-ish question but:

They say that the Co CC comes with two Presidents Club passes, does anyone know when those are handed out? Do they mail them to you after you pass the year mark? Or should they have come with the card in the mail? Or does one ask for them when they check in on a Co flight?

Just wondering if I'll ever get to experience a lounge soon.
I believe it is after your first year anniversary. They want to ensure you are a fee paying member. I have had the card 2 months and no sign of passes.
Old Oct 7, 10, 1:52 pm

passes

Originally Posted by ck8 View Post
I believe it is after your first year anniversary. They want to ensure you are a fee paying member. I have had the card 2 months and no sign of passes.
in the past they would send the passes at your anniversary date....even if you cancel the card to avoid the fee they will still send them to ya.

I had a CO onepass card from chase and closed it about 3 or 4 years ago....finally got them to drop it off my online list of chase accounts...(i hate seeing closed accounts online)
So i figure it's worth a try to get this offer before CO card goes bye bye.
was given the dreaded 30 notice and called the 888 number to check about my app.
The chase guy said it was denied for too many apps or cards of this type opened in the last 12 months. Apparently the recent 50k united card and the Sapphire card I opened in april are too much for them....to get the united card I had to cancel my years old freedom card. So I asked when I could get another card from chase the guy said next april would be best bet.
12 MONTHS, 2 cards of this type (whatever that means) points? rewards? is the limit at Chase.
I have a dozen cards, excellent credit and Chase is the only denials I've ever gotten...once for the united (which i got after dropping another card) and once this time for Onepass (i asked if i could drop sapphire and get onepass, he said no)
so be warned...if he was full of it and 2 chase cards in 12 months isnt the limit let me know, maybe I will ask someone else there, but i think he was telling me the truth...so if you try for your 3rd Chase card in a year, be prepared for denial for too many apps/open accounts in 12 months.

Last edited by wise2u; Oct 7, 10 at 1:55 pm Reason: details
Old Oct 12, 10, 2:40 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
I just signed up for this card today. I found this bit of fine print interesting -- as I read it, if I put $25k on this card in the next 10 weeks, I'd get 35,000 miles, then I could do it again starting January. That's better than the SPG $20k 25,000 miles.

As a one-time bonus each calendar year, once you reach $25,000 or more in Net Purchases on your OnePass Plus Card, you will receive 10,000 OnePass bonus miles. 2010 Net Purchases will be calculated from the later of June 1 or your 2010 account opening date, through December 31, 2010. Miles will be posted to your account 4-6 weeks after the billing cycle when you qualify for the bonus.
Old Oct 12, 10, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by pawtim View Post
I just signed up for this card today. I found this bit of fine print interesting -- as I read it, if I put $25k on this card in the next 10 weeks, I'd get 35,000 miles, then I could do it again starting January. That's better than the SPG $20k 25,000 miles.

As a one-time bonus each calendar year, once you reach $25,000 or more in Net Purchases on your OnePass Plus Card, you will receive 10,000 OnePass bonus miles. 2010 Net Purchases will be calculated from the later of June 1 or your 2010 account opening date, through December 31, 2010. Miles will be posted to your account 4-6 weeks after the billing cycle when you qualify for the bonus.
I went through the exact same thought process when I first saw this offer. I was initially rejected as a result of my application for the UA Visa back in April...gonna be my 6 month anniversary tomorrow though, so I'm going to call in sometime soon and take advantage of the CSR's offer to close my UA card and open up the CO card.

By the time I get the card I'm only going to have about 8 weeks to get 25K in spend... pretty tough even with coins but I think I'm going to go put the SPG and Schwab 2% in the sock drawer and go for it.

How about you Paw, you striving for 25k or just going to stick with your SPG?
Old Oct 12, 10, 6:45 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
Originally Posted by HoKo View Post
I went through the exact same thought process when I first saw this offer. I was initially rejected as a result of my application for the UA Visa back in April...gonna be my 6 month anniversary tomorrow though, so I'm going to call in sometime soon and take advantage of the CSR's offer to close my UA card and open up the CO card.

By the time I get the card I'm only going to have about 8 weeks to get 25K in spend... pretty tough even with coins but I think I'm going to go put the SPG and Schwab 2% in the sock drawer and go for it.

How about you Paw, you striving for 25k or just going to stick with your SPG?
I'm not sure. With the Schwab card, spending $25k gets $500 in cash rebates, so the rational question is:

Are 35,000 CO miles worth $500 to me? That's about 1.4 cents per mile.

The rational answer is probably no. But am I really so rational?

Other considerations are that coming close but not quite making it makes a big difference with the CO card, but spending $24,950 on the Chuck card still gets you $499.

And, I *could* spend my $500 cash on revenue flights, earning some miles the old fashion way.
So, I don't know. I'm thinking about it. I don't even know what my credit limit is on this card yet...if it's ridiculously low it'd be quite annoying to do $25k in 2 months.
Old Oct 13, 10, 7:38 am

Got approved for the card. It took Chase over 2 weeks to approve. I was told that they are busy(?)

This is a nice deal.

Is the business card worth the hassle as well? I think the annual fee is not waived there...
Old Oct 13, 10, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I applied for the card a few days ago and was approved yesterday, even though I just got the Chase United card in July and canceled my Chase PC card in August.

I won't be going for 25K spend because my AA Citi card is giving me double miles, so I'll concentrate on that one.

Once the UA and CO miles are combined, I'll have enough for a trip in C to Europe or Asia. Cool.
Old Oct 13, 10, 10:39 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by PaulMSN View Post
Once the UA and CO miles are combined, I'll have enough for a trip in C to Europe or Asia. Cool.
Yeah, pretty cool! ^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: