Chase Continental OnePass Plus - 25k+5k+$50

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2010, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.

Received what appears to be a targeted email from Chase/Continental today but I don't think it's restricted to the targeted audience.

Chase Continental OnePass Plus Card.
25k miles on first purchase.
5k miles on adding an authorized user to account within two months of opening account and making first purchase.
No annual fee for the first year, $85 thereafter.
$50 statement CREDIT after your first purchase.
10k miles on spending $25k annually.
Free first checked bag.
And other usual benefits as shown here:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...?offer=OPP30AU

I stripped off a few items from the URL that could be trackers back to me (I might take this offer before the CO/United merger) but the offer code seems to be key. It does require you to log in to your Onepass account. Unfortunately, I can't verify if it truly works or not. The page after clicking apply now prefills info from Continental into the Chase application and lists the core credit card terms but doesn't reiterate the offer details. It behaves the same for me and my wife (who has the card) though and there are no error messages when just using the offer code in the link above, up to the submit button.

No stated expiration date in my email.

Nothing dramatically better than usual but if you were thinking about it anyway, a $50 statement CREDIT is a nice little bonus I suppose.

Of course, I'm wondering if this is as good as it gets before the CO/UAL merger or if I should wait... I don't have a lot of tolerance for a card with a high spending requirement before the end of the year (too many of those as it is). It'll be nice to see the CO/UAL accounts merge.

PS: This is my first new thread created. I saw an old link from February of a similar (not the same) offer that's long expired and off-topic. And didn't see any posts of this in Milesbuzz or the CO forum. Debated which forum was better for this and the Help screen didn't seem clear. If I chose the wrong forum or should have tacked this onto the end of the old thread, I apologize in advance.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What was the previous best offer on CO card?

I got the same email as well. Just wonder was the previous best offer a 30K no annual fee version?

It seems this targeted offer is the same as what is available to the Public on CO website other than the extra $50 Statement credit.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Happy
I got the same email as well. Just wonder was the previous best offer a 30K no annual fee version?

It seems this targeted offer is the same as what is available to the Public on CO website other than the extra $50 Statement credit.
There was a deal I read about in one of the older threads about the presidential plus MC actually having the annual fee waived in spring of this year. I didn't investigate too much since it was expired. I'd guess it was targeted and restricted.

This one, for us, is better than the 30k since I can add my wife and achieve the same but with the $50 back. But $50 is just barely marginally better and that only works if you can add an authorized user. The fact that I'm already an auth. user on her Chase CO MC doesn't seem to have stopped me from receiving the offer.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msp2msy
The fact that I'm already an auth. user on her Chase CO MC doesn't seem to have stopped me from receiving the offer.
It never would. These are independent. Card issuers only care about Primary cardholders as they are the ones have the ultimate responsibilities of paying the credit card bills.

It is not uncommon that one partner has to pay a huge card debt run up by the spousal authorized user, even they divorce.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by msp2msy
PS: This is my first new thread created... If I chose the wrong forum or should have tacked this onto the end of the old thread, I apologize in advance.
Good work. No need to apologize.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:50 am

Programs: AMEX Gold MR into Avios, MileagePlus; AAdvantage; Skypesos
the $50 statement credit

The $50 statement credit offer can be found on the website if you pretend to book a ticket up to the pricing page. The same offer format as in the Continental.com home page but this time with the statement offer.

Or you can just click here
https://www.continental.com/web/en-U...30AU&mkid=6MRK
Old Jul 18, 2010, 12:27 am

Wirelessly posted (Treo 650: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint Treo850e)

Can you get the 25000 miles if you've received a prior bonus from Chase? Their old cards used to have fine print about only one bonus per person.

This new offer didn't appear to have the same restrictions and could be nice for a quick $50 plus some miles.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 6:07 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Originally Posted by Lurker1999
Wirelessly posted (Treo 650: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint Treo850e)

Can you get the 25000 miles if you've received a prior bonus from Chase? Their old cards used to have fine print about only one bonus per person.
I believe the following says no:
OnePass Plus Rewards

25,000 BONUS MILES: You will qualify and receive your bonus after your first purchase/first use of the card. First purchase/first use includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account, and excludes cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Continental Airlines personal cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Continental Airlines personal cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:43 am

Ah pity. In that case there's no real point in opening the card just for a $50 statement credit.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 9:49 pm

Programs: "all" airlines and hotels
Ah, for the old days....

Best offer I ever got - take the card, get a 2-for-1 trans-Atlantic ticket.

Took the card, booked 2 coach tickets for $500 (this was 12 years ago) got to the airporport, flight was over sold.

AA gave us $1000, each!!! Flew us to Chicago, paid for meals and hotels, and then on to Paris the next day.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 3:22 pm

I applied for the card about a month before this offer came out. Will they give the $50 credit now? Better to call than use online method?

Last edited by jdw715; Jul 29, 2010 at 3:44 pm Reason: typo
Old Jul 29, 2010, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jdw715
I applied for the card about a month for this offer came out. Will they give the $50 credit now? Better to call than use online method?
I'd probably write a secure email.

I just went through quite a round with the Chase CO checking account and, though the credit card group is likely different, it reconfirmed that inquiring via writing is best.

Will they give it to you though, don't know. But report back!
Old Aug 18, 2010, 2:49 pm
ecq

Originally Posted by iolairemcfadden
I believe the following says no:
OnePass Plus Rewards

25,000 BONUS MILES: You will qualify and receive your bonus after your first purchase/first use of the card. First purchase/first use includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account, and excludes cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Continental Airlines personal cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Continental Airlines personal cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.
I was searching FT to find out when they'll take the bonus miles away. Can't seem to find an answer or if there is one, I'm blind.

I had the CO MC about a year ago. CO merged with United and there's a new card. I"m waiting for them to take away the bonus miles since they've just credited my account. Just wondering how long it'll take them to catch up.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 2:56 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by ecq
I was searching FT to find out when they'll take the bonus miles away. Can't seem to find an answer or if there is one, I'm blind.

I had the CO MC about a year ago. CO merged with United and there's a new card. I"m waiting for them to take away the bonus miles since they've just credited my account. Just wondering how long it'll take them to catch up.
Since you've already been credited the miles, the chance of them being withdrawn is next to null; unless, of course, if you cancel your card before six months have elapsed.

Chase used to have a provision in their terms and conditions for some of their mileage cc that miles could be withdrawn if accounts weren't kept open for at least six months.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 4:44 pm

Programs: Lotz
When is CO going away???

I want this card for bonus but I'm sitting out 60 days from the 2 SPG July inquiries and hoping for the Citi AA before Oct.31. I assume CO's here until end of year but who knows.

Around DC Citi and AmEx both seem to use Experian. Chase is fickle. But it would regardless show on any credit report as a new account.

Ah, the waiting for next card bonus is like waiting for Santa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.