Old Jul 15, 10, 1:14 pm
msp2msy

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Chase Continental OnePass Plus - 25k+5k+$50

Received what appears to be a targeted email from Chase/Continental today but I don't think it's restricted to the targeted audience.

Chase Continental OnePass Plus Card.
25k miles on first purchase.
5k miles on adding an authorized user to account within two months of opening account and making first purchase.
No annual fee for the first year, $85 thereafter.
$50 statement CREDIT after your first purchase.
10k miles on spending $25k annually.
Free first checked bag.
And other usual benefits as shown here:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...?offer=OPP30AU

I stripped off a few items from the URL that could be trackers back to me (I might take this offer before the CO/United merger) but the offer code seems to be key. It does require you to log in to your Onepass account. Unfortunately, I can't verify if it truly works or not. The page after clicking apply now prefills info from Continental into the Chase application and lists the core credit card terms but doesn't reiterate the offer details. It behaves the same for me and my wife (who has the card) though and there are no error messages when just using the offer code in the link above, up to the submit button.

No stated expiration date in my email.

Nothing dramatically better than usual but if you were thinking about it anyway, a $50 statement CREDIT is a nice little bonus I suppose.

Of course, I'm wondering if this is as good as it gets before the CO/UAL merger or if I should wait... I don't have a lot of tolerance for a card with a high spending requirement before the end of the year (too many of those as it is). It'll be nice to see the CO/UAL accounts merge.

PS: This is my first new thread created. I saw an old link from February of a similar (not the same) offer that's long expired and off-topic. And didn't see any posts of this in Milesbuzz or the CO forum. Debated which forum was better for this and the Help screen didn't seem clear. If I chose the wrong forum or should have tacked this onto the end of the old thread, I apologize in advance.