[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2011, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by superking
05/13/11 FIDELITY MILES -25,000 0 -25,000
05/06/11 FIDELITY MILES -25,000 0 -25,000
Total Miles Adjusted -50,000 0 -50,000

Anyone experienced Fidelity taking the miles back? What should I do? Should I move 50k to my account and call and ask for 25K? I only have 50k liquid funds floating around...

Might have caused by the fact that I wasn't getting the Delta miles, so i have registered over 10 times... but I read a story here where he registered over 6 times to get the Delta miles...
How did you move your money around? 50K in, 50K out, 50K in 50K out? Did you leave your account at zero (or close to it)? Did you close your account completely (although sounds like it's still opened, but, want to make sure)?

How long did you leave any of the deposits in? Especially the last cycle?

Overall, it does sound like that the 'glitch' has been fixed, but, I'm wondering if there's some 'tolerance level' that you blew past or something with your activity.

One last question, when did this deduction actually appear? I know it's dated May 6th and 13th, but, that was a while ago, did it just appear now with those 'back dates' ?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 6:25 pm

You and others could have brought attention to yourself just by moving money like Check Kite scheme but with eft. I can promise you Fido has a more than one person on a fraud team. Also you registered over 10 times for the same offer.

05/13/11 FIDELITY MILES -25,000 0 -25,000
05/06/11 FIDELITY MILES -25,000 0 -25,000
Total Miles Adjusted -50,000 0 -50,000

Anyone experienced Fidelity taking the miles back? What should I do? Should I move 50k to my account and call and ask for 25K? I only have 50k liquid funds floating around...

Might have caused by the fact that I wasn't getting the Delta miles, so i have registered over 10 times... but I read a story here where he registered over 6 times to get the Delta miles...
Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:43 pm

Has anyone had a good experience with this (for AMEX MR) if you've done a previous similar offer through Fido?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thehawk75
One last question, when did this deduction actually appear? I know it's dated May 6th and 13th, but, that was a while ago, did it just appear now with those 'back dates' ?
Knowing how the partner earning posting with AA, or for that matter with almost all airline programs, the activities often posted with a back date denoted the activities happening dates.

In this case may be Fido refers to the original miles posting dates when it did the claw back. Just a guess.

I doubt if the poster saw this in May would wait till now to post.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Is this from your AA account details?

How much AA miles you have ever received before this happened?

And everyone thinks Fidelity would not claw back bonus like TD does...

Originally Posted by thehawk75
How did you move your money around? 50K in, 50K out, 50K in 50K out? Did you leave your account at zero (or close to it)? Did you close your account completely (although sounds like it's still opened, but, want to make sure)?

How long did you leave any of the deposits in? Especially the last cycle?

Overall, it does sound like that the 'glitch' has been fixed, but, I'm wondering if there's some 'tolerance level' that you blew past or something with your activity.

50k in/out 3x(last time to get the Delta bonus)

Deduction occurred today, reason could also b/c I called to confirm that I'm eligible for Delta miles. They said since the 2 offers are non-exclusive.

You and others could have brought attention to yourself just by moving money like Check Kite scheme but with eft. I can promise you Fido has a more than one person on a fraud team. Also you registered over 10 times for the same offer.
I registered over 10 times because someone on the board suggested registering over for Delta might help you get the miles, but however it didn't work for me- never got the Delta miles.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am confused.

You mean you have received a total of 160K AA miles from Fidelity on the AA promo? If so, you have received far more than the promotion offered... And Fidelity just took back the "overpayment"?
Old Jul 12, 2011, 1:43 am

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
so i've heard of some people double dipping the AA and the DL promos. but since i was turned down from the DL promo, anyone have experience double dipping the AA and the AMEX's MR promo together?

notably if my final AA deposit is probably arriving this coming weekend (Sunday), do you think registering for the AMEX promo later today (Wed) would trigger the posting to AMEX this weekend as well? or do i have to do another round of Fido deposits to get the AMEX MR points?

thx if any good data points on this.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 5:34 am

Attempting the Triple-Play

My summary of what people have learned to date:

1. If you are an existing account holder, first call and try to get a supervisor to give you an exemption from the "New Accounts only" rule for the AA or UA promo. You will have to deposit the entire $100K.

2. New accounts and people with exemptions: Apply for the AA or UA promo first.

3. Deposit $100K. (If new customer, you can deposit/withdraw, rinse/repeat, using $10K-$50K increments).

4. You should receive 50K AA/UA miles Sunday morning if deposits completed by Thursday night.

5. Register for Delta promo after receiving AA/UA miles. Ignore email about opening account.

6. You should receive 50K Delta miles on Saturday morning. The wait is to ensure that you get the AA/UA points, which are only for new customers and are generally more valuable than Sky Pesos.

[Very little data on the following]

7. Withdraw funds.

8. Register for MR Promo.

9. Re-deposit $100K.

10. You should receive 50K MR points on Monday morning a week-and-a-half after deposits completed by Thursday night.

A number of people have gotten "ineligible" emails when registering for the MR promo. Those who succeeded in getting MR plus something else often completed the first promo a couple of months prior to attempting the MR promo. This may have something to so with waiting a month or two. It may be due to problems with changing the MR promo from new customers only to new and existing customers. It may have to do with something else entirely.

Did I miss anything, or misstate anything?

- Ike
Old Jul 12, 2011, 5:35 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Would you mind give time line and the process on how you sign up the MR promo?

So you have already done the AA via manual approval then you signed up DL after that. Both were posted several months ago?

Did you cycle money on the AA and DL deals? Or you do the 100K cumulatively without withdrawal in between until the AA miles posted?

Then you signed up MR via online chat instead of filling out form online?
AA manual approval probably 8 months ago, didn't cycle money. Signed up for DL online, cycled $25K for a total of $100K. Signed up for MR online, transferred $50K, did the online chat to confirm 5 days later. Miles posted 10 days after transfer. Just cycled that $50K back into the account, will post on results, presumably in 10 days.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by teege
Has anyone had a good experience with this (for AMEX MR) if you've done a previous similar offer through Fido?
You might want to read...basically every post in this limited thread.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:18 am

I am confused.

You mean you have received a total of 160K AA miles from Fidelity on the AA promo? If so, you have received far more than the promotion offered... And Fidelity just took back the "overpayment"?
160k from Citi
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by ironchef16
How long should I wait after signing up for the MR promo before signing up for the DL promo?
Chief, that's uncharted territory. One one hand, people are getting the full DL immediately after registering for it after fulfilling the AA. But it seems unclear if the problems with MR are due to having done AA/DL both in the past, or if some time lag needs to occur between it and another promotion (the 2 successful posters had different circumstances but had several months go by before the last promo and the MR registration).

So, you've done AA and now looking at MR, then Delta?
Old Jul 12, 2011, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by teammjs
You might want to read...basically every post in this limited thread.
I did. I found people quoting some of the bonus rules but that doesn't have an ultimate bearing on someone's experience.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 7:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
I am confused.

160k from Citi
Superking, can you reply with date and amount of deposits and withdrawals? Then date of miles deposit and number of miles, as well as dates of registering for all fidelity promotions, even if multiple times for same promotion?

This will let us build a complete timeline. If you are missing some dates, no worries, just do your best but history at fidelity and frequent flyer accts will fill most of the info plus any emails you may have retained will have their received date.

Last edited by aragno; Jul 12, 2011 at 8:37 am
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:57 am

I think two people successfully completed the MR bonus. I know one waited about 4 months from their fidelity bonus until completing the MR offer.

Everyone else has had difficulty churning the MR offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.