Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2011, 4:03 am

I signed up for the UA promo and have so far cycled 50k. I registered once for the AmEx promo last week and got the ineligibility email. I then did it again this Wednesday and so far there has been no negative email. I guess there's a slight chance I might get some MR points over the weekend? I'll report back if I do.

In case it matters, I have not tried to register for the DL promo yet.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Is there supposed to be a confirmation email from fidelity about earning the AA miles? I haven't received anything, but did start to fund. Should I be calling them first?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by GoingAway
Is there supposed to be a confirmation email from fidelity about earning the AA miles? I haven't received anything, but did start to fund. Should I be calling them first?
12,300 posts and you think calling them is a good idea?!

no, do not call. ever. manual intervention is not your friend. unless you're going to park $100k in for 6 months+

you should get a fairly generic (no mention of AA) e-mail within about 48 hours that gives you a link to open the account. just use it, and the miles should post on Sunday automatically as long as you got the funds in early to mid week.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 8:41 am

I signed up for the AA and DL promotions. After depositing the required 100K (through 15K increments), I received a total of 50K DL miles but the remaining 25K AA miles has not posted. It has been about 4 weeks since I hit the threshold.

I am hesitant to call and have them review the account as money was transferred in and out to meet the threshold. Is there still hope that the extra 25K AA miles will post?

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by davevt98
I signed up for the AA and DL promotions. After depositing the required 100K (through 15K increments), I received a total of 50K DL miles but the remaining 25K AA miles has not posted. It has been about 4 weeks since I hit the threshold.

I am hesitant to call and have them review the account as money was transferred in and out to meet the threshold. Is there still hope that the extra 25K AA miles will post?

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Hilarious. Call and say what exactly????
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
No good for me

I did the DL thing about six weeks ago . Then I applied for the Amex MR and received an email to open an account.

I SM Fido and asked to be confirmed for the 50 K AMex MR that I had registered for as an existing accountand got this reply

"
Dear Mr. XXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting us regarding our Amex Mileage offer.

I have contacted our Investments group and the representative explained to me that you signed up for that offer, but you are not able to qualify for it because you have received other mileage offers in the past. I apologize for that inconvenience.

We have our Go Pro offer right now that will allow you to access our trading tools and 200 free trades when you deposit $50,000. You will be able to read more about that offer on the following link:

https://www.fidelity.com/gopro

We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you further. Be sure to contact us when you have any other questions or concerns about any aspect of your relationship with Fidelity. Have a great day, Mr. xxxxxxxxx
Sincerely,

Gabriela Howey
Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC

How should I go about trying again? Any advice ?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
I've already received the AA+DL miles. I signed up for the MR promo last week and received the "here's the information you requested email," and never got a rejection letter. I just brought over 100K. Am I in good shape? Let's see if these MRs post!
I did the DL thing about six weeks ago .I was turned down for the AA one at that time. Then I applied for the Amex MR and received an email to open an account.

I SM Fido and asked to be confirmed for the 50 K AMex MR that I had registered for as an existing accountand got this reply

"
Dear Mr. XXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting us regarding our Amex Mileage offer.

I have contacted our Investments group and the representative explained to me that you signed up for that offer, but you are not able to qualify for it because you have received other mileage offers in the past. I apologize for that inconvenience.

We have our Go Pro offer right now that will allow you to access our trading tools and 200 free trades when you deposit $50,000. You will be able to read more about that offer on the following link:

https://www.fidelity.com/gopro

We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you further. Be sure to contact us when you have any other questions or concerns about any aspect of your relationship with Fidelity. Have a great day, Mr. xxxxxxxxx
Sincerely,

Gabriela Howey
Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC

How should I go about trying again? Any advice ?

I am really tempted to move my account ? Try a different SM ?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by thehawk75
I guess back to your original question, if you want those AA miles back, you're likely going to have to redeposit that money. Hopefully they reappear without you needing to call. If not, then you might get them back with a call, however, I guarantee, in that case, that you'll have to park your money there for that 6 months, and you'll only get awarded based on the money that is parked, since it will be an exception that is manually reviewed and executed for you (not worth it IMO).

Hope you get it to go automatically.

Personally, I am not going to leave $100K there for 6 months, one can earn 60K AAdvantage miles over that time with BankDirect, plus the little (very negligible) interest. I'll leave them a bit of a deposit though, just so I'm not pushing any 'low balance' alerts or anything.

Fidelity removed 50K AA miles from my father's account as well as of today. But he did received 50K Delta miles.
I have not call nor registered multiple times regard to my father's account..

Now, I'm trying to figure out why... anyone else getting miles removed??
Minimum balance? 1 per household rule?

Last edited by superking; Jul 15, 2011 at 11:07 am
Old Jul 15, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by superking
Fidelity removed 50K AA miles from my father's account as well as of today. But he did received 50K Delta miles.

Ouch!!

Well, that's the million dollar fifty-thousand mile question.

Not to sound callous, but, I really hope it's only you (goes without saying, it'd be best if it wasn't you either).
Old Jul 15, 2011, 12:11 pm

Ouch!!

Well, that's the million dollar fifty-thousand mile question.

Not to sound callous, but, I really hope it's only you (goes without saying, it'd be best if it wasn't you either).
100K miles question since it involves 2 accounts.

I'm in the process of funding my sis/ my mom's account... I wonder if they'll pull miles out as well... hmph.....

I guess I'll cycle fund there next week to see if I can get miles back...
Old Jul 15, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR

100K miles question since it involves 2 accounts.

I'm in the process of funding my sis/ my mom's account... I wonder if they'll pull miles out as well... hmph.....

I guess I'll cycle fund there next week to see if I can get miles back...
Are you funding your family members' Fido accounts through the same bank accounts used to fund your Fido account? If so, I think this would raise a red flag since your account is under scrutiny.

For each person, is the funding bank account have the same person's name on it as the Fidelity account (i.e., are you funding your father's Fido account through an external account in his name)?

Finally, are you using the same address for all family members? If so, this definitely could be a problem, especially for people with the same last names. The one per household rule is pretty clear, although it doesn't seem to be enforced much.

Last edited by needtoescape; Jul 15, 2011 at 12:56 pm Reason: clarify sentence
Old Jul 15, 2011, 1:05 pm

Looks like I have to call in to manually get the miles, I only have 50k in funding... so is it worth it to call?

Originally Posted by needtoescape
Are you funding your family members' Fido accounts through the same bank accounts used to fund your Fido account? If so, I think this would raise a red flag since your account is under scrutiny.

For each person, is the funding bank account have the same person's name on it as the Fidelity account (i.e., are you funding your father's Fido account through an external account in his name)?

Finally, are you using the same address for all family members? If so, this definitely could be a problem, especially for people with the same last names. The one per household rule is pretty clear, although it doesn't seem to be enforced much.
Yes to both questions, but I have read someone fund their wife's account under his checking, and he had to write an letter to get the funds release.

Even if bank account raises a big scrutiny, wouldn't they freeze the fund first? or disallow you to fund the account? Instead they took away the miles? Its an odd adverse action...

Fidelity Rep said..

Laura XXX
Thank you for holding. Please keep in mind, on the registration page for the promotion under terms and conditions, it states:
Your Fidelity account must remain open with the qualifying funding for six months from the date that the qualifying assets are first received in the eligible account.
Your account has only be open for less than 3 months, and it appears that you have deposited and withdrawn the same $50k three different times and withdrawn it all. If the funds do not remain in your account for 6 months, the miles are removed from your AA account.

Laura
When you redeposit the funds, you will need to contact our Investments Group at 800-343-3548 so they can code your account for the miles again.

Last edited by superking; Jul 15, 2011 at 2:59 pm
Old Jul 15, 2011, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Looks like I have to call in to manually get the miles, I only have 50k in funding... so is it worth it to call?
Expect to only get the bonus for $50K of funding.

Yes to both questions, but I have read someone fund their wife's account under his checking, and he had to write an letter to get the funds release.

Even if bank account raises a big scrutiny, wouldn't they freeze the fund first? or disallow you to fund the account? Instead they took away the miles? Its an odd adverse action...
Don't know if it's odd. You wanted to transfer your money out. Odd would be to disallow you to do that with your money. Taking back a bonus due to not fulfilling it's requirements seems reasonable, of course it is crummy because I don't believe anyone who transferred in the money for 'only' the sign on bonus, really wants to leave it there for 6 months.

Fidelity Rep said..

Laura XXX
Thank you for holding. Please keep in mind, on the registration page for the promotion under terms and conditions, it states:
Your Fidelity account must remain open with the qualifying funding for six months from the date that the qualifying assets are first received in the eligible account.
Your account has only be open for less than 3 months, and it appears that you have deposited and withdrawn the same $50k three different times and withdrawn it all. If the funds do not remain in your account for 6 months, the miles are removed from your AA account.

Laura
When you redeposit the funds, you will need to contact our Investments Group at 800-343-3548 so they can code your account for the miles again.
A rather predictable result, but, nonetheless nice of them to manually code back your miles once you meet the promotion requirements.

My curiosity in reading this thread is it seemed most of the 'money cyclers' started signing on to this promotion in June. You may have been one of the first since you did it in early May. I have a fear within a month from now there will be numerous more complaints of miles clawback.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Expect to only get the bonus for $50K of funding.

Don't know if it's odd. You wanted to transfer your money out. Odd would be to disallow you to do that with your money. Taking back a bonus due to not fulfilling it's requirements seems reasonable, of course it is crummy because I don't believe anyone who transferred in the money for 'only' the sign on bonus, really wants to leave it there for 6 months.

Fidelity Rep said..

Laura XXX

Laura
A rather predictable result, but, nonetheless nice of them to manually code back your miles once you meet the promotion requirements.

My curiosity in reading this thread is it seemed most of the 'money cyclers' started signing on to this promotion in June. You may have been one of the first since you did it in early May. I have a fear within a month from now there will be numerous more complaints of miles clawback.
I wonder if this will only be targeted to those that cycled money or also those that deposited 100k and later withdrew a majority of the funds.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 4:40 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
DO NOT CALL. Why on earth do you think making a call would help? Are you going to tell them that you gamed the system but want to complain about them finding you out? Really - I'm not sure this is the game for you..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.