Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2011, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kingsubbu
Happy, we understand you are unhappy with Fidelity because of the way they have handled their promotions. We have heard your story, as well as the story about your friend's TD account multiple times. Can we please stop rehashing these arguments, and let the thread proceed on topic? This thread is about discussing the mileage offers from Fidelity - let us please keep it that way.
As long as no new posters reply to my posts I am fine with it not to posting anything on off topic. I am simply replying to those who made fresh OT posts.

You cannot tell me not to post when others post to me off topic. That aint fair, right?

Trust me, I am all for those folks who can get their bonuses via cycling money. Go for it while you still can.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by accounted
the computer might have a glitch. I had deposited $125k to get all 50k miles.
I wonder why...

Another thing I'm thinking is that I was awarded 10k when I hit the 50k mark (the difference between the 15k miles for depositing $25k and 25k miles for depositing $50k) and then the other 25k miles for hitting the $100k mark (the difference between the 25k miles for depositing $50k and 50k miles for depositing $100k).
Old Jul 10, 2011, 3:38 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Bravo

Originally Posted by Yankeeflyer
Well, this one is particularly funny, Happy, since you're essentially accusing anyone who doesn't agree with your OBSESSIVE hatred of Fidelity as not being rational.

If a company provides you good service at a good value, you keep using them. If they don't, you change providers. That seems pretty logical to me. Trying to extrapolate what you read here into a grand assessment of a company's operating efficiencies, that seems quite illogical.

Your biggest beef seems to be that Fidelity doesn't always offer the exact promotions to existing customers that they do when trying to attract new customers. I tell you what, call American Express and tell them you saw a promotion for new Delta credit card sign-ups that come with a 50,000 mile bonus. Explain that you've had the card for 10 years, but could they please drop 50,000 miles into your account. I'm sure they will enjoy the laugh
Regardless, you've made your point that you hate Fidelity about 100 times now. Maybe it's time to move on.
funny that you should mention that. I dd just that to Amex as a cardholder since 1965 and they said sorry That's life. After 3 tries I gave up
Old Jul 10, 2011, 6:24 am

Unable to register for 2nd promotion

Has anybody else had trouble registering for the Delta promotion after getting the AA miles. I was able to get both in February or so on my account but then my wife's account I got the AA miles but then every time I tried to register for the Delta promotion I kept getting the ding letter. I tried registering now for the MR promotion and got the ding letter. Somehow her account does not see to qualify anymore and I was wondering if anybody figured out anyway around it.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by robyng
Thought this deserved its own thread (found it buried in another long thread). Some goodies for existing customers:

https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...ss.shtml#rules

https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...on_delta.shtml

The AMEX offer expires 12/31/2011. The DL offer expires 2/14/2012.

Please note the limitations in terms of the types of accounts where the offers apply. Also - the offers are - officially - not stackable. OTOH - a Fido rep said both might get through the computer system (he doesn't program the computers and doesn't know). But I wouldn't hold my breath. Pick the offer you want the most first - and - if you apply for a second - don't complain if you can't get it.

Also - if you're talking about a fair amount of money - and you don't need the points/miles right away and/or aren't planning to invest the money now - no need to run into either offer immediately. You can earn almost $500 between now and the end of the year keeping $100k in a Capital One (or similar) high yield on-line savings account. No reason to have money sitting around in an almost non-interest bearing FCash account.

If you don't have a MR account - you'll have to get an AMEX card that links with a MR account. If you don't have a Skymiles account - you'll have to open one of those. Robyn
WOW

I dont know how I missed this one. Tried for AA and DL and only got 50K DL being an existing customer .

I will try this and see if in fact they are stackable by computer oversight.
Thanks
Old Jul 10, 2011, 7:42 am

Does she also have a joint account with you? Are you at the same address?

The account does not qualify also is sent if she is identified as being in the same household.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
WOW

I dont know how I missed this one. Tried for AA and DL and only got 50K DL being an existing customer .

I will try this and see if in fact they are stackable by computer oversight.
Thanks
You may want to wait for more new data from the main thread.

So far there are all negative data on stacking DL and MR. i.e. people who have signed up DL then later signed up MR all received ding letters.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA, BA, delta
Getting AA and Delta Miles with a 10k cycle

Hello,
I have about $10k to cycle. HikerT's initial post seems like a great way to get both AA and Delta miles, but my situation is a little different as I have a smaller amount to cycle.

I just signed up for AA, and opened the account. I'm wondering when I should add delta to my account: right before I make the final deposit to get it up to 100k, or should I do it right before I make the deposit that brings me to 25k.

Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:34 pm

I don't think it really matters. Most important thing is for the AA offer to get associated with a new account (since it's only valid for new accounts) and then DL to get associated with the existing account (since it's valid for both). That said, it's probably safer to wait until your final cycle to register for the DL offer.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Happy
Actually if Fidelity handles the same way as TD does that on this kind of promo, then I think Fidelity would be doing the right thing ... I emailed TD asking an exception on the $25K new money for 20K SPG pts promo that was for new customer only. They emailed back immediately graciously to grant me the exception.
So Fidelity won't break their own rules, and that means they are doing the wrong thing?

FWIW, I had a long talk with a low level staff from Fidelity ... He insisted Fidelity was aware of the money cycling and was doing something about it.
If you keep complaining and discussing enough with them, they'll certainly close the loophole that so man here are trying to utilize. You want them to break the rules, but you discuss the rules and want them better-enforced, too?

Originally Posted by kingsubbu
Happy, we understand you are unhappy with Fidelity because of the way they have handled their promotions. We have heard your story, as well as the story about your friend's TD account multiple times. Can we please stop rehashing these arguments, and let the thread proceed on topic? This thread is about discussing the mileage offers from Fidelity - let us please keep it that way.
+!

I've received an affirmative response from CS that my MR points will post. Even if they don't initially, I'm not worried, as the written confirmation will suffice that I'm relying upon their promise. According to the terms (without asking them to break them), I qualify as an existing account. Will post later to confirm once I've received the points. Doing the same with my wife's account, btw.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 2:19 pm
Suspended

So to get back on topic. Having read back.

Being a new member to Fido.
1)Sign up for AA first and get the promo AA miles
2)then sign up for Delta and get their promo miles
3)forget about Amex MR as doing the above 2 will exclude you from this.
4)After doing the AA 1st, it seems this will already exclude you from the Amex MR so go with the Delta instead.

Did I get the above right??
Old Jul 10, 2011, 2:24 pm

You may want to wait for more new data from the main thread.

So far there are all negative data on stacking DL and MR. i.e. people who have signed up DL then later signed up MR all received ding letters.
I received the similar letter when signed up DL, after receiving UA miles.
I still received 25k DL (not 50k) though.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 2:38 pm

Regarding AA+MR, not sure if anyone has confirmed AA+MR won't work. We do know AA+DL+MR isn't working. Why not give AA+MR a try instead of AA+DL? You could probably still get DL if MR doesn't work. It would be much more valuable feedback than the useless noise that's been posted over the last week.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
I have a Fidelity account but never "legitimately" signed up for any of these offers. What I did do, just over 12 months ago, was call and complain that the AA offer excluded me as an existing customer and I had already made (modest) deposits earlier that year. As an exception I was given 25,000 miles - probably more of a manual adjustment thing maybe. I do recall though that the supervisor asked me to complete the AA offer registration page, however, and then call back for the miles. (Which I did, after receiving a denial e-mail).

Fast forward to now - I signed up for the MR offer yesterday. What are my chances of getting this? (And how long should I expect to wait for my denial if there is one coming?)
Old Jul 10, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by User Name
I signed up for the MR offer yesterday. What are my chances of getting this? (And how long should I expect to wait for my denial if there is one coming?)
On what basis could they exclude you from the MR offer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.