Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(fare gone) Delta: various fares between North America and Europe from USD206 A/I

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(fare gone) Delta: various fares between North America and Europe from USD206 A/I

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2009, 1:58 am

Programs: UA GS. SPG Gold. Hyatt Plat. CX Gold. IC Gold.
ITA showing SFO-MAD is also at $294 AI. This is for some Tue-Thu departures in Aug and most Sun-Thu Departures in Sep.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 2:28 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
I've got to just back away... There is so much potential here, but I don't want to get Mrs. jjglaze77 mad at me! I'll be happy with my single ZRH turn. I had to promise her Wicked tickets just to get that one approved

Anyone have experience with same-day ZRH turns? Any immigration/customs issues?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jjglaze77
Anyone have experience with same-day ZRH turns? Any immigration/customs issues?
Yes. No trouble at all.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Thanks for sharing the find, pitbrian. This has got to be one of the best wide-open (as in: from many US cities to many European cities) transatlantic fare deals ever. ^
Old Jun 10, 2009, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
SAT-MAD is as low as $281.26 all-in based upon searches that I have performed. So my $321+ all-in title suggestion was actually too pessimistic.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:28 am

Programs: UA: Platinum
Wow, awesome find! Just booked an IAD-ATH (Sept. 17-21) for $335 a.i.

Thanks GrizShel!
Old Jun 10, 2009, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
DL: CLT/PHX/LAS/PHL/PIT-MAD/BCN/AGP/VLC $207-ish a-i appx. $0.0218/EQM or less

I know this is a bit of a me-too thread on the Spain sale, but wanted to point out it also includes Malaga (AGP) and Valencia (VLC) in addition to the more obvious MAD and BCN. Looks like a hub attack by DL on US, and it's for flights in the fall (some as early as August 17). T class. Best hunting on Tue/Wed/Sat.

Also some other really great Europe fares popping up for $300s and low $400s to places like PAR and ATH from some cities via DL.

I'm in for CLT-VLC at $218 RT a-i for first week of Sept. after Labor Day. VLC looks to have a few things to hold interest, and the nearby coast is probably still nice. At least, that's the hope. Also hope to use the Expedia UK deals, as that part of the world is one they ought to cover thoroughly.

Also booked a 23-hour stopover in ATL on the return that could be used to collect the bag and just end the trip there.

Because of routing via ATL and JFK in both directions, I calculate 2.18 cents per EQM on my itin. You could beat that if flying from PHX or LAS.

Looks like this is a skirmish in the fall Europe fare wars! Low $200s RT across the pond is pretty incredible.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 5:04 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
Thanks pitbrian for posting about these great fares. From so many cities, they certainly do not seem to be mistake fares though. Let's see if any other alliances match this before 24-hr cancellation deadline tomorrow.
Rick Seaney says it looks like they filed fuel surcharges of $0 rather than $200, so probably still a bit of a mistake!

Originally Posted by iahphx
EDIT: It seems like only JFK-Spain works into March for the $200s. I tried some of the other sale cities to Spain and no luck. Sorry. So that route is like a sale within a sale. Maybe someone can find another city pair like this one.
Yes, PIT-Spain (for example) goes up to ~$344 - a decent fare, but not at the earth-shattering level of the fall fares.

Six of us will be spending Thanksgiving in Paris thanks to this - woohoo!
Old Jun 10, 2009, 5:14 am

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
SAT LAWYER STRIKES AGAIN!

this is the best post I have ever seen...Thanks, thanks, thanks!

SAT flyers are the best!
Old Jun 10, 2009, 5:47 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PE
Great finds! It's nice to see these types are fares are still around.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 6:27 am

Programs: * A
thanks for the post heramato what date range are you finding these fares? are they for summer travels or fall?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 6:28 am

Programs: * A
I just wish UA would math the DL fares to EU thanks for sharing GrizShel
Old Jun 10, 2009, 6:35 am

I think you can open jaw and fly into BCN and out of MAD or fly into MAD and out of BCN. It would require carry on luggage. Does anyone agree with me? It would depend on how well the Spain Air and Delta computers talk.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 6:43 am

Programs: AA EXP (1.7MM); BD *G; HH Diamond
Got in 207 USD ai for CLT-VLC.

I've wanted to go somewhere in Spain besides MAD for a while now, so, I'm staying a few days.

(And I don't even play SkyMiles. Just such a great fare I can't pass it up.)

However... I notice when I pull up the milage summary, I get this:

elta 6291 Charlotte, NC (CLT) New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK) T 541 541
Delta 198 New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK) Valencia, Spain (VLC) T 0 0
Delta 199 Valencia, Spain (VLC) New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK) T 0 0
Delta 6679 New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK) Charlotte, NC (CLT) T 541 541

What? No miles for the TATL legs?

Mights as well send these to AS. More chance of building on them there, then.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 7:08 am

6 EUR all-in Alicante-Fez on Ryanair

I just checked flights from Alicante (just south of Valencia) to Fez, Morocco.

Ryanair has 1 EUR seats (plus 5 EUR credit card fee) on sporadic dates throughout summer and into October. (Their 1 EUR/GBP sale is systemwide.) This is to and from Morocco.

I know, I know, it's Ryanair, but I thought some Valencia-trippers might want to take advantage of this.

Booking Period: Tue 09th Jun 09 - Thu 11th Jun 09
Travel Period: Tue 23rd Jun 09 - Thu 13th Aug 09
Tue 01st Sep 09 - Sat 24th Oct 09
Applicable Days: Mon - Sun (subject to availability)
Flight must be purchased: 14 Days in advance
Blackout Period: 14th Aug '09 - 31st Aug '09
Notes on this fare: All Holidays, School Breaks and Major Sporting Events are excluded from this offer

Last edited by mellowg; Jun 10, 2009 at 7:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.