Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(fare gone) Delta: various fares between North America and Europe from USD206 A/I

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(fare gone) Delta: various fares between North America and Europe from USD206 A/I

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2009, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by divrdrew
We carried on out but they made us check our rollers in MAD.
Thanks for sharing! Wonder if lounge access would be granted based on being Plat Elite Plus?

Why did they make you check your rollers on the return flight?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 3:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Burj
Thanks for sharing! Wonder if lounge access would be granted based on being Plat Elite Plus?

Why did they make you check your rollers on the return flight?
Size wise things there were a bit shorter and narrower than in the US. Checked in online and avoided all the long lines at the counter.

There was a Plat in front of us and he wasn't offered a lounge pass. He didn't ask either. Seems they are a bit behind there. I'm Gold and they wouldn't even give me priority bag tags, not that it matters, but it's the principal. Wouldn't hurt to ask for the pass and see what happens.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 9:27 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Just as a further data point; recently took this trip and was OP-UP'd to business both ways as a PM on a T fare.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On my fifth and last trip on this fare, I was op-upped on the return flight MAD-JFK, this time well after I had arranged myself in my Y seat. I didn't mind that much.

It was nice to be able to stretch out and sleep -- I hardly slept at all on the outbound. Unfortunately, I was rejected when I tried to use my C stub at the Delta lounge at JFK. She was handing me back my boarding pass for the next flight and she either then noticed that my original seat number was scrawled on the stub or else saw that my reservation was in coach. That was too bad. I had over two hours at JFK.

So, out of 10 TA flights on Delta this year, 2 were upgraded for a 20% rate. Not bad, but United upgraded me one out of four TA flights, beating DL out at 25%.

Because of this fare I'll end up Plat on DL, but I don't know if I want to continue with them after next year. If I'm not able to get Europe award C seats for 100K like I did with NW, I'll probably just return to cheapest fare I can find.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
On my fifth and last trip on this fare, I was op-upped on the return flight MAD-JFK, this time well after I had arranged myself in my Y seat. I didn't mind that much.
How crowded was the flight? Was this a real op-up (they needed to free up your coach seat) or an actual upgrade just to be nice and to reward an elite flier?

I ask because I have a JFK-MAD flight in a few weeks and the plane is WIDE open in coach! Seems like an odd time of the year for flights to be so full they need to op-up to free up coach seats...
Old Nov 2, 2009, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Burj
How crowded was the flight? Was this a real op-up (they needed to free up your coach seat) or an actual upgrade just to be nice and to reward an elite flier?

I ask because I have a JFK-MAD flight in a few weeks and the plane is WIDE open in coach! Seems like an odd time of the year for flights to be so full they need to op-up to free up coach seats...
They told me they had to upgrade me, so coach was probably overbooked. It certainly looked full on a glance back. All of my TA flights this year have been full or very close to full, even after summer was over. There just aren't that many seats available with the reductions all airlines have made.

I'm only GM at the moment, so I doubt they were being nice, and I haven't heard that they ever do that, anyway. I've gotten both upgrades on the return flights, by the way, so maybe you'll get lucky on the return.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
They told me they had to upgrade me, so coach was probably overbooked.
Interesting, well if I am as lucky I'll post here... I am taking DL JFK->MAD
but on the return I am doing Air France MAD->CDG->JFK

I'd doubt Air France would upgrade ANOTHER airlines elites...even for op-up reasons...but we'll see...
Old Dec 30, 2009, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm in BCN tonight through the 4th on this deal (sortof, but it is a long story). Had dinner tonight at Cata 1.81 in the Exiample (??) district. Couple of guys behind us in the bar area were almost certainly Americans and paid with a United MP card. I have to wonder if they are FTers, too.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
I'm in BCN tonight through the 4th on this deal (sortof, but it is a long story). Had dinner tonight at Cata 1.81 in the Exiample (??) district. Couple of guys behind us in the bar area were almost certainly Americans and paid with a United MP card. I have to wonder if they are FTers, too.
Definitely ran into some suspected FT'ers two days ago in MAD. If you see a dude with a bad haircut and 5.11 pants stumbling around BCN (really an awesome city; wish I had more time than I allotted), that's me, albeit on the IB mistake.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 1:21 pm

Is this fare still valid? I looked on ita but couldn't find it...

Thanks! ^^^^^
Old Jul 28, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by Air_Barkley
Is this fare still valid? I looked on ita but couldn't find it...

Thanks! ^^^^^
Welcome to FT! As stated in the title....FARE GONE. The last post was 6 months ago, but maybe you brought up some good memories for those who took advantage of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.