Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(fare gone) Delta: various fares between North America and Europe from USD206 A/I

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(fare gone) Delta: various fares between North America and Europe from USD206 A/I

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2009, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Firewind
I was first thinking... Didn't Priceline institute a LFG in which, if anyone hit on a lower fare for the same trip, they'd refund the difference, and it's automatic (-ed)? I was wondering if and how much they lost during this event...

Next, I thought, does this work retroactively to a lower fare?
I believe it was Orbitz. I think you have to book it through Orbitz for the exact same flights to be eligible for it. My guess is most people here booked on Delta or NWA.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 7:59 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by flyr16
Note to self: when looking at a great airfare the maxim "you snooze you lose" could not be more true.

I had 4 tkts JFK-MAD, over Thanksgiving, lined up at $238 and set to purchase. I had, had to get on a phone call (how business interferes with travel is terribly disconcerting). I returned to book through and the 238 seats are gone, all that is left is about $500. Tried multiple times, all gone for that weekend. I'm not a happy camper.
Same here for 5 x PDX-GVA for $365.
I went by phone to confirm with my kids for the dates, and see the price before my eyes jump to $614.

Unfortunately I wasn't snoozing, just too late by being on the "Left Behind Coast" !

Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time I remember a NW deal like this came along was a year ago, when I was lucky enough to book some dirt cheap transat tix thru NWA/JP website.

Last edited by Travelomania; Jun 11, 2009 at 8:13 am
Old Jun 11, 2009, 8:54 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I will be in MAD Oct 23-25. Party!
Also ZRH Oct 3-4.

If anyone will be there, let me know.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I don't know if the travel plans of anyone here will be impacted, but DL is apparently going to make some transatlantic cuts to reduce international capacity in the fall. A supposed list of the cuts is here. Those who booked to VLC and AGP, in particular, may want to monitor the situation and consider their options for re-routing.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I will be in MAD Oct 23-25. Party!
Also ZRH Oct 3-4.

If anyone will be there, let me know.
Well, it looks like I'll be in Madrid at the same time as you.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Does anyone else have a reservation purchased using regular means(non-ECV) and still not yet ticketed? Bought one yesterday morning at 8:00am and it's still not ticketed. I'm not worried but other purchases ticketed in a couple of hours.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Upgrade from T fare

Any chance that a PMU will upgrade with a T fare? Anyone book these fares and able to get an upgrade. Saw someone in the lounge meeting fare had business class seats. I know T fares are not generally upgradeable but not familiar with any special vouchers that may be out there.

FWIW, mine was purchased yesterday early am and was ticketed almost immediately. Got a ticket number along with my email confirmation.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by divrdrew
Any chance that a PMU will upgrade with a T fare? Anyone book these fares and able to get an upgrade. Saw someone in the lounge meeting fare had business class seats. I know T fares are not generally upgradeable but not familiar with any special vouchers that may be out there.

FWIW, mine was purchased yesterday early am and was ticketed almost immediately. Got a ticket number along with my email confirmation.
IME Delta is the one of the stingiest in International Upgrades into the BE cabin. Likely it won't happen unless they need to Op-up.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by divrdrew

No go on the PMU.. your only hope is an op-up if the flight is oversold in Y and has open seats in BE.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
I don't know if the travel plans of anyone here will be impacted, but DL is apparently going to make some transatlantic cuts to reduce international capacity in the fall. A supposed list of the cuts is here. Those who booked to VLC and AGP, in particular, may want to monitor the situation and consider their options for re-routing.
I see on the link provided it sez seasonal suspension mid-Oct. to March rumored for VLC and AGP. Am glad I booked early Sept.

I do remember how DL really irritated people with frequent schedule changes on the CLT-Barbados deal some months ago.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Someone I know booked a ticket on nwa.com JFK-BCN-MAD/MAD-JFK.. The BCN-MAD segment is booked on Iberia and shows class P (First),
I had to burst their bubble and say P class on Iberia is super cheap economy and not first like on NW which caused nwa.com to be confused
Old Jun 11, 2009, 6:45 pm

ZRH/MAD meetup thread...

For anyone that hasnt seen, TKEY75 has setup a great thread HERE outlinign the various people that will be in both cities thanks to Delta. Check it out and add your dates/flights.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 7:30 pm

If you booked this on Orbitz you could have connected in Mardrid or Barcelona on Spain Air to continue on onward. Does anyone think could have flown into Mardid and out of Barcellona or visa versa if you did carry on since it involved two different airlines
Old Jun 11, 2009, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Someone I know booked a ticket on nwa.com JFK-BCN-MAD/MAD-JFK.. The BCN-MAD segment is booked on Iberia and shows class P (First),
I had to burst their bubble and say P class on Iberia is super cheap economy and not first like on NW which caused nwa.com to be confused
Just to clarify my previous post...I think you could open leg the above as an example..fly into BCN and out of MAD with carry on. I do think Delta will cancel the trip.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Blank Sheet
Does anyone else have a reservation purchased using regular means(non-ECV) and still not yet ticketed? Bought one yesterday morning at 8:00am and it's still not ticketed. I'm not worried but other purchases ticketed in a couple of hours.
I used an ECV and mine was ticketed last night @ 1 a.m.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.