Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(fare gone) Delta: various fares between North America and Europe from USD206 A/I

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(fare gone) Delta: various fares between North America and Europe from USD206 A/I

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:21 pm

There is no YQ surcharge on Delta that I see on itasoftware fare breakdowns (such, as sample dates ATL-LHR Jul1-Jul8). YQ surcharge was not a factor in this pricing.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by bowdenj
I'm staying somewhere that's a few levels of service higher; paid a little over $300 a.i. out of BNA for a holiday weekend (Labor Day's also my birthday weekend), which is absolutely a screaming deal. Went back to book another ticket today and - as we know - the deal is done.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by RustyC
If I had to guess, I'd say there was a deliberate hub attack against US but also a possibly unrelated and unintended dropping of the fuel surcharges, as that part applied outside Spain and affected U.S. cities other than just the US hubs.
Got in on this, going IND-MAD for $237...my guess is that it was totally a mistake--there's no way they're making anything on these fares, especially considering there's no fuel surcharge added. I paid $355 last week to go IND-LAX. The taxes were almost the same on that ticket as this one!

pitbrian = Flyertalker of the week??

Good find on this - it seems dozens of folks jumped on this deal to various cities. I just wish I had done more the my measly BOS-ZRH in September.

First drink is on me in ZRH!

FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by icurhere2
I'm staying somewhere that's a few levels of service higher; paid a little over $300 a.i. out of BNA for a holiday weekend (Labor Day's also my birthday weekend), which is absolutely a screaming deal. Went back to book another ticket today and - as we know - the deal is done.
icurhere2, live this mantra:

Book now, ask questions later.

(especially w/DL with the 24hr cancel policy)
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
There is no YQ surcharge on Delta that I see on itasoftware fare breakdowns (such, as sample dates ATL-LHR Jul1-Jul8). YQ surcharge was not a factor in this pricing.
Could it be that the YQ is normally (or should have been) included in the ticket price itself?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
I booked the trip to ZRH I would likely take - going to ZRH on consecutive weekends would be a little excessive, no?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BostonPaul
Good find on this - it seems dozens of folks jumped on this deal to various cities. I just wish I had done more the my measly BOS-ZRH in September.

First drink is on me in ZRH!

You and me both (and a few others) wil be thanking him on the way back from ZRH.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by icurhere2
I booked the trip to ZRH I would likely take - going to ZRH on consecutive weekends would be a little excessive, no?
Not at all.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
Because Delta embeds it in the base fare, rather than itemize it.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:57 pm

I am still trying to figure out if this delta promotion

https://www.delta.com/marketing/inte...MESTIM05-A-E-A

applies to multiple round trips. Saying: Will I get 25.000 bonus miles each time I take a round trip to ZRH? I have until midnight to cancel any of my Zurich trips in case the 25.000 bonus miles only apply once. Cleary, there is nothing in the fine prints indicating you will get the bonus miles only once on each route. The Delta rep on the phone was not able to determine that either and advised me to simply give it a try... Any thoughts?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT; DL Gold MDL
Originally Posted by CTheWorldK
My JFK-VLC also showing as 0 miles. Booked a ATL-MAD for my in-laws and that's showing full mileage. So looks like an issue with just the JFK-VLC flights.

Mine also shows zero miles on the JFK-VLC-JFK legs! I wouldn't have booked, albeit for only $242 ai from BDL, if I couldn't get the miles. Anyone confirm that the fare IS mileage eligible?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ctmike
Mine also shows zero miles on the JFK-VLC-JFK legs! I wouldn't have booked, albeit for only $242 ai from BDL, if I couldn't get the miles. Anyone confirm that the fare IS mileage eligible?
Delta.com has a history of having various glitches. A display error when it comes to elite qualifying miles may be another one.

Most of these seem to be T fares and so they are eligible for mileage earning in some programs including that of DL's.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL Gold
a couple of friends jumped on a 2 day turn from CLE-ZRH for $230 mid august...i wanted to go but had to pay a whopping $375 out of CMH due to flight availabilities and work ...

not a great deal, but pretty darn good for August
Old Jun 10, 2009, 5:05 pm

Too bad there's nothing ex-YYC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.