Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:21 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by mustardboy
Anyone know dumps with Singpore? They have SFO - HAN with lots of fat that looks delicious... EoE permitted. Fare basis: NMSFNS.
You are out of luck haha.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
C2-C6, 205 British Pound Sterling; 5 star carrier.

Be quick, because at the end of the month; this will be gone forever.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 2MM
As an aside, I am making a booking for 2 friends to meet them somewhere (I'm flying from a different city) and I was playing around and I took their $850 RT fare and FD'd it into $343 RT. But here's the thing ... they almost never fly, and one of them has never been out of the USA and doesn't even have a passport yet! So it pains me, but I think I will book them at the $850. I don't want to have to explain how I got the low fare and why there are extra segment(s), and not to call the airline, etc. And it's not my money.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:47 pm

The shame begins where someone who took an entire airline down himself calls for cautious use of tricks. Not talking about you, QE.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by pimpcoltd
The shame begins where someone who took an entire airline down himself calls for cautious use of tricks. Not talking about you, QE.
Indeed. Just enough rope to hang themselves.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by netxu
Found it! I can't fly it but it has been a nice learning exercise.
Tip for other beginners like me: do not forget to select the appropriate sales city on ITA, it could make such a big difference.
Any hint where to set the sales city? C4?
Old Mar 4, 2017, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by jighen
Any hint where to set the sales city? C4?
Not sure, but it's super easy to find the one with €40 base fare each way. Fully dumpable but total is more like €295. Strike is expensive, unless there is a cheaper strike I don't know about or cheaper at some ota.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by ncben
Not sure, but it's super easy to find the one with €40 base fare each way. Fully dumpable but total is more like €295. Strike is expensive, unless there is a cheaper strike I don't know about or cheaper at some ota.
Ahhh, ok ok, I thought it was cheap just because of constuction and not because of strike... So 3x should be used.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Nice one Gary Leff. Now that SF published it you can expect it to die tomorrow.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
Originally Posted by keitherson
Nice one Gary Leff. Now that SF published it you can expect it to die tomorrow.
May be he loves African BANANA!@:-)
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:31 pm

Not looking to book Gary's traitorous route - however I'm curious is there any chance people booking it now will actually keep their tickets? Seems unlikely to me?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Calgary88
May be he loves African BANANA!
No, he doesnt´t. He is very patriotic and only likes homegrown food. Appears there´s no Bananas in Ethiopia. Maybe I should just do it like the natives and run everywere

I always thought you guys were being paranoid with the "no share" policy, but now I get it. Was working on a flight with that very airline to get my dad to South Africa. He is too old to run all the way from Europe. Makes me angry, these blogs.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by easterlywinds
Not looking to book Gary's traitorous route - however I'm curious is there any chance people booking it now will actually keep their tickets? Seems unlikely to me?
Well, I can't do OLCI on my return flight this afternoon. There may well be another explanation but it does highlight the potential inconvenience and expense of being stranded in a far away place.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:27 pm

yeek is this thread broken? It's showing 3027 pages but the far-est I can go is 3023.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:41 pm

This is because pages 3024-27 are only for guys who have read the entire trick it thread and they know. Have you?... The best deals are on last 3 pages. Always! :-D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.