Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2023, 12:19 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by cruser1
Sometimes, but not usually.

ITA is usually easier because you can search multiple airports at once and see the carrier fees.
Thanks, looks like it’s back to the drawing board =] thinking it’s possible the fare is undumpable, despite having wide open combinability.
Old May 27, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, United Mileage Plus, Marriott Lifetime Silver, SPG Platinum
Would highly suggest you read from the beginning of the thread. There is some valuable information there. @AdamCO2
Old May 27, 2023, 4:26 pm

Have read most of it a few times. Code breaking not my strong suit :-]
Old May 28, 2023, 3:07 pm

Hey guys, I'm looking to dump a C1w-C3e flight. Found a candidate flight with around 50% fat but I'm struggling to find a 3X to drop the Maple Syrup YQ. I've also started reading the thread from '08 onward but it has been slow-going to to find a related trick... Also not sure if it's worth my time to go down this route since the trick would have already expired. Any hints via PM would be very much appreciated.

On a related side note, I was also able to cut down a C1w-C3e flight with a 3X to sub $800 (for a different airline). The same 3X can be used to dump a similar flight to sub $300 (which I flew 2 months ago). Happy to trade info via PM as well.

As this is my first post in FT, please let me know if I'm revealing too much info. Happy to redact if needed.

Last edited by silentworld; May 29, 2023 at 12:03 am Reason: Received PM that my post contains too much info. Edited it to remove details.
Old May 28, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by keneshhagard
Would highly suggest you read from the beginning of the thread. There is some valuable information there. @AdamCO2
life expectancy is about 78
goodgirl likes this.
Old May 29, 2023, 4:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Who in their right mind would claim there too much information. In fact there is not any information - just a question.

Here is "Too much information" There is a Sky Colored Airlines which will cut 100 % YQ of the carrier you had in mind to the C3 Island you have in mind.

Issue is the BF has gone from $ 36.00 to $ 200.00 each way since many of us flew it in 2022/2023.
All Price from NYC is now $553.31

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; May 29, 2023 at 5:51 am
Old May 29, 2023, 10:40 am

I prefer to pay slightly more and use a sky-inhabiting airline!
Old May 29, 2023, 11:13 am

Hi, lurker/slight newbie here

c1e to Japan for $75 bf, but crazy fat. Been playing around with strikes but don't know if that works with this carrier. Carrier layover - not enough time to visit blue/sophia unfortunately

any suggestions / help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by mytotoro; Jun 2, 2023 at 6:31 pm
Old May 29, 2023, 11:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by Gongoozler
I prefer to pay slightly more and use a sky-inhabiting airline!
I agree and it would be on SQ A380 but he was specifically referring to Mapple Leaf
Old May 29, 2023, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
I agree and it would be on SQ A380 but he was specifically referring to Mapple Leaf
Also true! I was actually referring to a Maple Leaf X factor on the sky-inhabiting airline based in the country you are traveling to tomorrow
Old May 29, 2023, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Who in their right mind would claim there too much information. In fact there is not any information - just a question.

Here is "Too much information" There is a Sky Colored Airlines which will cut 100 % YQ of the carrier you had in mind to the C3 Island you have in mind.

Issue is the BF has gone from $ 36.00 to $ 200.00 each way since many of us flew it in 2022/2023.
All Price from NYC is now $553.31
OTA AI or ITA AI?

Two OTAs can do exact $200 discount, but the major one errors out. I don't quite trust the minor one.
Old May 29, 2023, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by glenngleep
Have read most of it a few times. Code breaking not my strong suit :-]
Me too.
Old May 31, 2023, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by glenngleep
Have found a juicy return in J C1-C2, looking for a 3x that will trim the fat, any suggestions / hints on finding the x? Do i need to leave from the base airport? Can i book the 3x in economy even though the return is in J?
Any pointers on how to trim the fat on a return with vitamin that helps with release of energy from food? Does the fat trimmer need to depart from the origin or destination?
Old May 31, 2023, 1:38 pm

Programs: QF LTG
C1-C2 oneway lay flat $650. Not phenomenal but it's a somewhat interesting fare
Old May 31, 2023, 6:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
C1-C2 oneway lay flat $650. Not phenomenal but it's a somewhat interesting fare
For a lay flat? That is pretty darned impressive, if you can get that rate each way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.