Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2022, 2:08 am

Restrictions are on both sides. Did you get YQ trim on ITA Matrix? If on OTA, how do you know that the fare / reservation class is the one you have seen on ITA Matrix?
Old Dec 28, 2022, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by man4business
Restrictions are on both sides. Did you get YQ trim on ITA Matrix? If on OTA, how do you know that the fare / reservation class is the one you have seen on ITA Matrix?
I do only ITA.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 2:11 am

Are side trips permitted? If yes, then perhaps your flight has been treated like that.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 2:15 am

Are side trips permitted? If yes, then perhaps your flight has been treated like that.
Yeap side trip permitted. But the strike is nowhere near the layover point. Weird. But thanks for that!
Old Dec 28, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: qf
Hi all, newbie here, I worked as a travel agent years ago when we used to get great dumps in to C5b from C6, think we rinsed that one fir a solid couple of years before they caught it, I imagine things are quicker to disappear these days. I love getting nerdy with this stuff and looking to get back in to it, though things were a heck of a lot easier using a GDS. I guess best way to learn using ITA etc is just to pootle around on this forum for a while? Cheers

Last edited by chrislemess; Feb 4, 2023 at 11:36 am
Old Dec 29, 2022, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by chrislemess
Hi all, newbie here, I worked as a travel agent years ago when we used to get great dumps in to C5b from C6, think we rinsed that one fir a solid couple of years before they caught it, I imagine things are quicker to disappear these days. I love getting nerdy with this stuff and looking to get back in to it, though things were a heck of a lot easier using a GDS. I guess best way to learn using ITA etc is just to pootle around on this forum for a while? Cheers
Can someone give any advice where to find all those marks about countrys and regions like C1 = America C2= Europe. This is already mentioned in this thread first post but there is no such C5b and others.
In some fare rules i seen B6 region. How to understand all those regions ?
Old Dec 29, 2022, 10:04 pm

Programs: qf
Originally Posted by Karlis966
Can someone give any advice where to find all those marks about countrys and regions like C1 = America C2= Europe. This is already mentioned in this thread first post but there is no such C5b and others.
In some fare rules i seen B6 region. How to understand all those regions ?
Not all the codes you see are region codes, some are airline codes and fare tax codes, a normal google search will help you out, these are not secrets...
Old Dec 30, 2022, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by chrislemess
Not all the codes you see are region codes, some are airline codes and fare tax codes, a normal google search will help you out, these are not secrets...
Have tried to serch. This was a first thing before i made my post.

i can not find.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 8:16 am

What do you expect to find?
In the first post you have a description of regions, nothing better is necessary.
Another thing is the knowledge of airlines and airports, this is what you remember after some practising... B6 e.g. is just JetBlue
Useful site for airline research is https://www.iata.org/en/publications...s/code-search/
Karlis966 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 8:50 am

TK

We all know TK YQ (or YR) is super high. I tired a lot of 3x skill still no hope. Seems that they can't combine with other partners (even code share)

Any hints? Can pm me or share here. Appreciated!
Old Dec 30, 2022, 9:37 am

Have you read fare rules?
PROVIDED - COMBINATIONS ARE FOR CARRIER TK/9B/WF
Do you see TK, 9K or WF? And, in addition, issuing ticket by TK. It makes any dump hardly possible (still there are options within the carriers as above). All good historical dumps with TK are gone.
karlot_96 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 11:05 am

What do you expect to find?
In the first post you have a description of regions, nothing better is necessary.
Another thing is the knowledge of airlines and airports, this is what you remember after some practising... B6 e.g. is just JetBlue
Useful site for airline research is https://www.iata.org/en/publications...s/code-search/
Precisely. Also helpful is https://www.flightconnections.com/

Use Flightconnections to gather major and minor airport codes for specific regions, countries, and airlines. Add into spreadsheet.

To get ALL airport codes use ITA radius tool with small enough radii to produce less than 50 codes. Copy into spreadsheet.

There are at least 3673 codes in ITA
creosino likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 6:24 pm

Got a few success with my new hobby lately but something weird is happening on some search when adding some sauce; BF increase and fare is changing from L, O, W to P or whatever. No more fat, lower price still but not as expected because of changing fare L, O, S, bla bla bla. How to manage this? you can pm me . Thanks

Last edited by ozzsolo; Dec 30, 2022 at 9:07 pm
Old Dec 31, 2022, 3:56 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ozzsolo
Got a few success with my new hobby lately but something weird is happening on some search when adding some sauce; BF increase and fare is changing from L, O, W to P or whatever. No more fat, lower price still but not as expected because of changing fare L, O, S, bla bla bla. How to manage this? you can pm me . Thanks
Read the fare rules?
Old Dec 31, 2022, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Read the fare rules?
You are right; have to look at the fare rule. Will try to manage something. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.