FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

Granite64 Mar 3, 2017 3:21 am

Originally Posted by mustardboy (Post 27982054)
Anyone know dumps with Singpore? They have SFO - HAN with lots of fat that looks delicious... EoE permitted. Fare basis: NMSFNS.

You are out of luck haha.

Granite64 Mar 3, 2017 4:15 am

C2-C6, 205 British Pound Sterling; 5 star carrier.

Be quick, because at the end of the month; this will be gone forever.

BangkokTraveler Mar 3, 2017 8:59 am

As an aside, I am making a booking for 2 friends to meet them somewhere (I'm flying from a different city) and I was playing around and I took their $850 RT fare and FD'd it into $343 RT. But here's the thing ... they almost never fly, and one of them has never been out of the USA and doesn't even have a passport yet! So it pains me, but I think I will book them at the $850. I don't want to have to explain how I got the low fare and why there are extra segment(s), and not to call the airline, etc. And it's not my money. :)

pimpcoltd Mar 3, 2017 5:47 pm

The shame begins where someone who took an entire airline down himself calls for cautious use of tricks. Not talking about you, QE.

QEternity Mar 3, 2017 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by pimpcoltd (Post 27987855)
The shame begins where someone who took an entire airline down himself calls for cautious use of tricks. Not talking about you, QE.

Indeed. Just enough rope to hang themselves.

jighen Mar 3, 2017 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by netxu (Post 27980217)
Found it! I can't fly it but it has been a nice learning exercise.
Tip for other beginners like me: do not forget to select the appropriate sales city on ITA, it could make such a big difference.

Any hint where to set the sales city? C4?

ncben Mar 4, 2017 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by jighen (Post 27988620)
Any hint where to set the sales city? C4?

Not sure, but it's super easy to find the one with €40 base fare each way. Fully dumpable but total is more like €295. Strike is expensive, unless there is a cheaper strike I don't know about or cheaper at some ota.

jighen Mar 5, 2017 12:58 am

Originally Posted by ncben (Post 27990955)
Not sure, but it's super easy to find the one with €40 base fare each way. Fully dumpable but total is more like €295. Strike is expensive, unless there is a cheaper strike I don't know about or cheaper at some ota.

Ahhh, ok ok, I thought it was cheap just because of constuction and not because of strike... So 3x should be used.

keitherson Mar 5, 2017 5:56 pm

Nice one Gary Leff. Now that SF published it you can expect it to die tomorrow.

Calgary88 Mar 5, 2017 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson (Post 27995641)
Nice one Gary Leff. Now that SF published it you can expect it to die tomorrow.

May be he loves African BANANA!@:-)

easterlywinds Mar 5, 2017 8:31 pm

Not looking to book Gary's traitorous route - however I'm curious is there any chance people booking it now will actually keep their tickets? Seems unlikely to me?

Jboucsei Mar 5, 2017 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Calgary88 (Post 27995967)
May be he loves African BANANA!

No, he doesnt´t. He is very patriotic and only likes homegrown food. Appears there´s no Bananas in Ethiopia. Maybe I should just do it like the natives and run everywere :confused:

I always thought you guys were being paranoid with the "no share" policy, but now I get it. Was working on a flight with that very airline to get my dad to South Africa. He is too old to run all the way from Europe. Makes me angry, these blogs.

jpauls123 Mar 5, 2017 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by easterlywinds (Post 27996089)
Not looking to book Gary's traitorous route - however I'm curious is there any chance people booking it now will actually keep their tickets? Seems unlikely to me?

Well, I can't do OLCI on my return flight this afternoon. There may well be another explanation but it does highlight the potential inconvenience and expense of being stranded in a far away place. :D

rinipiyan Mar 5, 2017 11:27 pm

yeek is this thread broken? It's showing 3027 pages but the far-est I can go is 3023.

man4business Mar 5, 2017 11:41 pm

This is because pages 3024-27 are only for guys who have read the entire trick it thread and they know. Have you?... The best deals are on last 3 pages. Always! :-D