FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

WolfvanWeen Jan 14, 2015 3:52 am

Originally Posted by RNK (Post 24163874)
Consistency?

Logically these two remarks don't contradict each other at all. 40k could be to Africa. Or not from C2. Or after May. Or he doesn't have the +-4 days time available.
Just saying...

hellosweets Jan 14, 2015 4:18 am

Originally Posted by RNK (Post 24163874)
Consistency?

1. Account for time distance between 2 posts.
  2. I was lacking 4k cause i had 2 flights for FEB and MAY planned with UA 1st 16k miles 2nd 20k miles.
  3. At the moment of the first post I didn't know the trick, or rather I assumed it won't work.
  4. I tested it during Christmas.
  5. Because I can do 24k miles the way described in the trick thread I will be *G before May trip (if my other half don't get mad at me) leaving me with 60k OZ miles
  6. Last. If you assume a person cannot learn or find organic deal within a month, then I'm really sorry for you, cause you must measure me by your own measure

brumbrum Jan 14, 2015 6:50 am

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen (Post 24163927)
Logically these two remarks don't contradict each other at all. 40k could be to Africa. Or not from C2. Or after May. Or he doesn't have the +-4 days time available.
Just saying...

40k are in C2 on A3 IMO.

brumbrum Jan 14, 2015 6:54 am

Originally Posted by noamaan (Post 24163908)
So I found a tricked fare which is showing up on ita.matrix and showing up on google.com/flights. The flights are Delta/KLM/AirFrance mostly if it matters, and the 4-segment (each segment having zero or one connection) includes me hopping from C1 to C2 to MidEast to C1 etc.

But I can't seem to book it on any of the main OTAs (kayak, priceline, expedia, vayama, momondo, orbitz), and not on the main airlines either.

Can someone please suggest to me some other OTAs I can try, I'll be much appreciative.

Thanks!

hipmunk, flugladen...

waschmaschine Jan 14, 2015 8:20 am

AB to KEF

Does anyone see a chance to reduce the YQ on the AB $4.50 BF on FRA-KEF with a 3x?

Thanks for any hints.

Steppo Jan 14, 2015 8:20 am

Originally Posted by hellosweets (Post 24147279)
With proper amount of time (+-4days) and as much as 136 eur one can get OZ diamond status and 40k miles. This offer shows up randomly few times in a year requires good combination of OTA and airlines.
Everything needed to decode this post comes with this post.

Cashback included?
You might bring it down to 105,6€ ... but well.. it's a hell of a 'trip' :confused:

brumbrum Jan 14, 2015 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Steppo (Post 24164952)
Cashback included?
You might bring it down to 105,6€ ... but well.. it's a hell of a 'trip' :confused:

cheapoair via tcb?

Tratham Jan 14, 2015 8:37 am

Originally Posted by deissi (Post 24152661)
C3-C6 (still) dumpable with simple 3x. About 350 € AI, OTAble.

Very easy to find when after looking at the fare rules.

I payed $150 dollars one way on cebu pacific without any dumps (Manila to Sydney) Cheaper than your dump. :)

hellosweets Jan 14, 2015 8:44 am

Originally Posted by brumbrum (Post 24164484)
40k are in C2 on A3 IMO.

brumbrum might be right, although I cannot vouch millage will be accrued in the good fashion there as I haven't tested those routes.

One more clue: If you have many children that get sick a lot you can get OZ diamond and 40k miles for as low as 16EUR and many hours on the airports (as I've written before this offer comes and goes but is more or less randomly cyclic. Now price is available but not the earning class)
no cashback included :P

burito Jan 14, 2015 9:42 am

Originally Posted by hellosweets (Post 24165100)
.... If you have many children that get sick a lot you can get OZ diamond and 40k miles for as low as 16EUR and many hours on the airports (as I've written before this offer comes and goes but is more or less randomly cyclic. Now price is available but not the earning class)
no cashback included :P

Many children fell ill last year due to Greek epidemic, IMHO Chinese one-child policy would not be so amoral in this case...:)

Calgary88 Jan 14, 2015 10:00 am

C2-HKG
A380 (not Camel) 1x works, but anyone see any 3x working?

Many thanks.

ergoen Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm

I'm working on the C2-HKG "exercise", but haven't cracked it yet. I think I have found the main connection, but I am not sure. The COMBINABILITY part on that fare contains the following cryptic part:

Code:

END-ON-END
    END-ON-END COMBINATIONS NOT PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL FARE
    COMPONENTS. SIDE TRIPS PERMITTED.
  PROVIDED -
    COMBINATIONS ARE FOR CARRIER *****(name removed by me)
  END-ON-END
    END-ON-END COMBINATIONS NOT PERMITTED WITH FARES FROM/TO
    AREA 1. VALIDATE ALL FARE COMPONENTS. SIDE TRIPS
    PERMITTED.
    END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL FARE
    COMPONENTS. SIDE TRIPS PERMITTED.

Now I can see three different (mutually exclusive) messages here:
1. End-on-end not permitted.
2. End-on-end from/to C1 not permitted (but everything else is)
3. End-on-end permitted.

Now which is it? I have been able to combine this fare with others while searching for a 1X, so I guess it's either 2 or 3...., but haven't found anything that dumps the YQ yet, so I'm getting a bit worried that I'm looking at the wrong fare..

check24 Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by ergoen (Post 24166682)
Now I can see three different (mutually exclusive) messages here:
1. End-on-end not permitted.
2. End-on-end from/to C1 not permitted (but everything else is)
3. End-on-end permitted.

FYI: Areas 1, 2 and 3 mentioned in Fare Rules do not equate to C1, C2 and C3.

Originally Posted by paulTX (Post 10406548)
Area 1: All of the North and South American Continents and the islands adjacent thereto, Greenland, Bermuda, the West Indies and the Islands of the Caribbean Sea, the Hawaiian Islands (including Midway and Palmyra).

Area 2: Europe, Africa and the islands adjacent thereto, Ascension Islands and that part of Asia west of Ural mountains, including Iran and the Middle East.

Area 3: Asia and the islands adjacent thereto except the portion included in Area 2; the East Indies, Australia, New Zealand and the islands of the Pacific Ocean except those included in Area 1.

ergoen Jan 14, 2015 2:46 pm

Hm, yes I understand the regions, I was just not paying proper attention to the tabbing it seems :). (Also it seems new accounts are limited in the number of private messages one can send per day.. :p)

deissi Jan 14, 2015 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Tratham (Post 24165058)
I payed $150 dollars one way on cebu pacific without any dumps (Manila to Sydney) Cheaper than your dump. :)

1. One way. 2. That's like saying you flew Norwegian transatlantic cheaper when the dump is for Delta. 3. The dump is not MNL-SYD.