FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

HLCinCOU Feb 10, 2017 11:45 am

Originally Posted by 15cats (Post 27891087)
That's not how this works, and nobody said this was the best fare available nor the optimal dates for this construction @:-)

Well, OK, fair enough. I thought the point of all this was to get better fares than other methods. If it's just for sport, then, um...alright, whatever turns you on I guess. :D

I'll shut up now, as I've already made it completely clear I have no idea what's going on. :p Which is fine with me BTW; I recognize that the secrecy and the working to figure it all out is part of the fun.

Sisyphus1carus Feb 10, 2017 11:51 am

No coding on this as its all over the blogs now..... BA Oslo - BKK (via LHR) in Premium Economy (on LHR-BKK-LHR segments) for ~ £370. Pricing same as economy all the way.
No trick, just fat fingered fare entry I presume ??

If you have Avios you can bring the cost down to £152 :-) Although you're trading 40k Avios for that discount so not a great return on your Avios.

Sorry, appreciate this is a very unusual post for this thread but still hope its Okay !

geosch Feb 12, 2017 8:09 am

Originally Posted by brumbrum (Post 27887401)
Have nothing to do in the 2nd half of Feb./1st half of Mar., so playing with actual CA BUD-HKG promo fare but am only able to put down 20-30 lbs (50% of fat but huge 3x BF) with intrapanda 3x. Even the former OJ selfies do not work. Anyone can do better than 346 euros? Or if there was something else for this time to C3/4, would be glad for updates/hints. Thanks

A quick search found me a connection from a different Schengen capital (though as nice a destination as BUD and probably more convenient to you) for 273 EUR ai with a standard 3x, on a different airline though. Didn't bother to optimize, so I guess it can be had even cheaper. Visa-free stopover or day break option in vibrant C3e metropolis available.

If you still insist on CA, get a cheaper strike to save some Euros. Found 320 EUR ai, but again, this is just a random hit which can can probably still be improved significantly. 50% off with a 3x has been pretty standard for that airline, and it still seems to work fine.
Didn't bother to try with selfies.

missgal Feb 12, 2017 10:18 am

C1 - c3 (c2 - c1)

C1 - C3 €115.82 ai rt

or C1 - C3 // C3 - C2 // C2 - c1 €160.22 ai rt

No LCC involved

fwl7813 Feb 12, 2017 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by missgal (Post 27898906)
C1 - C3 €115.82 ai rt

or C1 - C3 // C3 - C2 // C2 - c1 €160.22 ai rt

No LCC involved

can give more tips?

flyerace Feb 12, 2017 2:16 pm

I am not sure I understand all this. Where can I find the meanings of what I presume are codes or abbreviations?

brizone Feb 12, 2017 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by flyerace (Post 27899874)
I am not sure I understand all this. Where can I find the meanings of what I presume are codes or abbreviations?

Read the Thread. Read the specific post under Mileage Run Discussion about Posting Rules for the Trick It thread. Look around first before asking someone else to do it for you.

flyerace Feb 13, 2017 6:18 am

Originally Posted by brizone (Post 27900359)
Read the Thread. Read the specific post under Mileage Run Discussion about Posting Rules for the Trick It thread. Look around first before asking someone else to do it for you.

I hear you. Felt reading 3000+ postings will take a very long time.

fedechat Feb 13, 2017 7:02 am

Originally Posted by flyerace (Post 27902279)
I hear you. Felt reading 3000+ postings will take a very long time.

Just google Fuel Dump and you will get some blogs/posts about the basic, what C1 or 3x means etc, that part is not hard :)

tomasdev Feb 13, 2017 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by fedechat (Post 27902414)
Just google Fuel Dump and you will get some blogs/posts about the basic, what C1 or 3x means etc, that part is not hard :)

Some of the meanings are in the rules by Pat http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ck-thread.html and the FT Glossary (link in the footer)

Please everyone remember... not too many pages ago:

Originally Posted by Pat89339 (Post 27833241)
MODERATOR REMINDER:

It looks like it is time for a reminder of Rule 12:

12.1 Friendly, Respectful and Welcoming

FlyerTalk is a community and is intended to be a friendly, helpful and collegial place.

Please post in a friendly, respectful, welcoming manner. 'Snarky,' unfriendly posts will not be allowed. If you don't have something constructive to contribute to a thread, please do not post.

Unhelpful posts, such as "Do a search" or those that merely comment on the worthiness of others' posts or threads are neither friendly nor welcoming and will not be allowed. If you can't be helpful or contribute substantive content to a thread, please refrain from posting.

12.2 Avoid Getting Personal

If you have a difference of opinion with another member, challenge the idea — NOT the person. Getting personal with another member is not allowed. Personal attacks, insults, baiting and flaming will not be tolerated.

FlyerTalk is a diverse, multi-cultural community. Expressions of prejudice or discrimination in any form are not permitted (such as those concerning race, nationality, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, etc).

If another member gets personal with you, do not retaliate. Retaliation may well subject you to the same discipline. Instead, please use the 'Alert a moderator to this thread' button in the lower-left-hand-corner of each post, send a note explaining your concern to the moderator team, and leave it to them to handle. Please also see Rule 22 — When you believe someone has violated the rules.

12.3 Disruptive or repetitive posting

Posts that are inflammatory, inciting or unnecessarily provocative are not allowed.

Disrupting a forum by repetitively posting comments of the same general theme or 'piling-on' by posting merely to reinforce or bump a prior post of a disruptive nature are both examples of disruptive posting and not permitted.

Remember to stay on topic and pay particular attention to 12.2

Pat89339, Moderator Mileage Run Forum

missgal, do you mind posting the min stay? and/or season. I found the c1-c3 but can't work out the RTW.

tomasdev Feb 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Adh88 (Post 27887211)
I'm pretty new to this too, but I found it for $483 in less than five minutes. Great lead, thanks for sharing!

C1-C3 between $298 to $339 depending on alliance, can use same 3x.

I wasn't able to find a lower than $62.5 BF for the build missgal mentioned... and taxes avoid making 115.82 rt ai. :(

fedechat Feb 13, 2017 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by tomasdev (Post 27904364)
Some of the meanings are in the rules by Pat http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ck-thread.html and the FT Glossary (link in the footer)

Please everyone remember... not too many pages ago:

My post was not unfriendly, I didn't say "use the search" or "read h whole thread", I said use google and look for "Fuel Dump", that way he will find the basic and the most easy part of this game, keep in mind (in case you didn't read it) he asked this

the rules will not explain YQ or 1x/3X, just a glossary.

tyrolgangster Feb 14, 2017 2:42 am

Originally Posted by geosch (Post 27898472)
A quick search found me a connection from a different Schengen capital (though as nice a destination as BUD and probably more convenient to you) for 273 EUR ai with a standard 3x, on a different airline though. Didn't bother to optimize, so I guess it can be had even cheaper. Visa-free stopover or day break option in vibrant C3e metropolis available.

could you give me at least a small hint towards your 3x, please, not intrapanda as well is it?

Flyinghobby Feb 14, 2017 8:03 am

++++++++++

ttep Feb 14, 2017 6:23 pm

Hi Guys,
Not looking for a step-by-step guide, just a quick query regarding FDs using countries that don't have surcharges to begin with.

I'm currently based in the Philippines, who removed fuel surcharge in 2015.. Does that mean if i'm searching for tickets departing here (either OW or RT) - this exercise is basically useless? Or can the fuel dump be added on a ticket that has a stopover in a place that does have a surcharge?

When i view the ITA matrix breakdown there isnt a line for surcharge.

Thx in advance