FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

klanfa Feb 2, 2017 4:48 pm

C1 - Carribean $5.99 one way ai. Return more expensive, but RTs possible <$80. No X factor thanks to a generous OTA.

Raul2014 Feb 3, 2017 3:29 am

The very best dumps are not the "standard dumps". Keep losing your time at them. In Sydney now, Qantas lounge, on a "non-standard ;)

missgal Feb 4, 2017 5:16 am

C1 to C2 for $218.24 ai rt - original post had coded Airport Codes.

missgal Feb 4, 2017 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Raul2014 (Post 27859096)
The very best dumps are not the "standard dumps". Keep losing your time at them. In Sydney now, Qantas lounge, on a "non-standard ;)

:cool:
I'll be there next week!:D

oneworldmonger Feb 6, 2017 8:39 pm

Canceled leg on FD ticket booked on sketchy OTA

FD C1-C3 on SN for next month (already dead) was booked on Flightbank, but then noticed 2 months later that the BRU-BOM leg was canceled due to a delayed route initiation. OTA is shadily deferring to SN. SN says it's not their ticket stock and refers to OTA. How does one get around this for a re-routing rather than declaring it fraud? CC bill says SN...

BangkokTraveler Feb 6, 2017 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by oneworldmonger (Post 27874986)
FD C1-C3 on SN for next month (already dead) was booked on Flightbank, but then noticed 2 months later that the BRU-BOM leg was canceled due to a delayed route initiation. OTA is shadily deferring to SN. SN says it's not their ticket stock and refers to OTA. How does one get around this for a re-routing rather than declaring it fraud? CC bill says SN...

If travel is on SN, then why wouldn't it be their ticket stock? What airline issued the ticket?

I have had a number of schedule changes on fuel dumped tickets that required human interaction but never a canceled route. In your case, I probably be inclined to get a refund, however it is possible, and then start over

brizone Feb 6, 2017 10:46 pm

So... are you in the lounge because of the fare class you were able to land, or because you'd be there anyway when passing through? :D

WolfvanWeen Feb 7, 2017 3:53 am

Originally Posted by oneworldmonger

Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler (Post 27875187)
If travel is on SN, then why wouldn't it be their ticket stock? What airline issued the ticket?

I have had a number of schedule changes on fuel dumped tickets that required human interaction but never a canceled route. In your case, I probably be inclined to get a refund, however it is possible, and then start over

Mis-validation on the strike airline, I would guess. Cancel whole ticket -> refund by OTA is the way. Good luck. that's the risk of misvalidated tickets... See http://cheapflightalerts.org/check/

N6CNH Feb 7, 2017 9:06 am

Not been on this forum in two years. Given the fact I'm becoming location independent in six months I figured it's about time I became friends with all the acronyms and Matrix once more. Hello old friends!

brizone Feb 7, 2017 11:37 am

I'm finally going to need to actually dive in here and work my butt off on good C1-C6 options for QF (if that's even possible). Going to need it for my AS status in 2017! :p

Thanks to all who have blazed the trail, hopefully I can be useful (in whatever form that actually takes around here at this point...)

Sisyphus1carus Feb 8, 2017 11:46 am

Something on Qatar for Valentines perhaps ?

jakwilk Feb 8, 2017 1:29 pm

C2-C6 good weather, good ota, price is good as well - 151gbp

spoko89 Feb 8, 2017 2:31 pm

Wilk

Originally Posted by jakwilk (Post 27883104)

Wilku - let me know more about it.

e30st Feb 8, 2017 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by jakwilk (Post 27883104)

The best I could do is 261.51 GBP with very common OTA, but unflyable 1X.

man4business Feb 9, 2017 6:06 am

C2w-C5s 126 euro rt ai