FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

mustardboy Feb 23, 2017 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Atty (Post 27949049)
OTA specific? I was able to get $241 with Mommy Mondo

​​​​​​​maybe ota specific or just different dates.

Jboucsei Feb 25, 2017 4:09 pm

Answered my own question.

rcs85551 Feb 26, 2017 8:12 am

Please note that information on Flyertalk shall not be bartered or sold. Such solicitations will be removed.

Kind regards

rcs85551
Moderator, MR forums

Enrico84 Feb 27, 2017 6:33 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 27947990)
Emirates existing Non Stop New York to Milano A-380 service similarly fully dumpable.

Able to do it with a 3x? Any hint on which carrier/route needs to be added?
Thanks!^

WingedWorldExplorer Feb 27, 2017 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Enrico84 (Post 27964224)
Able to do it with a 3x? Any hint on which carrier/route needs to be added?
Thanks!^

Unfortunately - no.

WingedWorldExplorer Feb 27, 2017 8:32 am

Emirates $ 418.06 from New York to Thailand with triple stop

$ 418.06

EK JFK-DXB-BKK

Stay in Bangkok/Thailand 1 week or longer

EK BKK - DXB

Stay in DXB 1 week or longer

EK DXB-MXP

Stay in MXP 1 week or longer

EK MXP-JFK

$ 10.00 cheaper if Open Jaw into BKK and return from RGN

Bookable on major OTA ( with appropriate strike of course ).

Of course MUCH cheaper if no stop-overs are required or desired.

bertheike Feb 27, 2017 11:23 am

Originally Posted by ttep (Post 27910289)
Hi Guys,
Not looking for a step-by-step guide, just a quick query regarding FDs using countries that don't have surcharges to begin with.

I'm currently based in the Philippines, who removed fuel surcharge in 2015.. Does that mean if i'm searching for tickets departing here (either OW or RT) - this exercise is basically useless? Or can the fuel dump be added on a ticket that has a stopover in a place that does have a surcharge?

When i view the ITA matrix breakdown there isnt a line for surcharge.

Thx in advance

x1 are useless for flights ex MNL, as them already without fuelsurcharge ! That's why most BF's ex MNL are very high. But @ the end of the day you are not so unlucky, you can fly alot x1's and start your (dump)-trip somewhere else, thought that ex C3 (Asia) not so many EoE fares existing.

TravelingNomads Feb 27, 2017 3:12 pm

Deleted

easterlywinds Feb 28, 2017 9:40 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 27964702)
$ 418.06

EK JFK-DXB-BKK

Stay in Bangkok/Thailand 1 week or longer

Can this be found on GF with the strike, or just on the OTA? :)

WingedWorldExplorer Feb 28, 2017 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by easterlywinds (Post 27969831)
Can this be found on GF with the strike, or just on the OTA? :)

I do not use GF. Never use OTAs for searches, since it si a combination that can not be guessed.
Let's say there are more than 6.5 billion wrong combinations and so far only 1 right one. Informed and designed search based on experience and using technology is needed. Again NYC-BKK R/T can be done for less than half of the posted price. But stop-overs of short or long durations in Middle East and Italy makes the construction worthwhile IMO. When it comes to actual OTA booking, you need a site allowing sufficient number of segments. Since it is so tiny, several big OTAs, such as Expedia do not even recognize the departing airport for the first segment.

fedechat Feb 28, 2017 4:03 pm

Quick question guys, I'm trying to use UR Portal from Chase but it can't price a few or 3x that I use for C1 to C3, I want to take advantage of the special fares that can be booked with UR Portal. Does anybody know if is a working 3x compatible with this portal? or I'm wasting my time?.

TIA

Nat25 Feb 28, 2017 4:23 pm

Yes some work.

Silvermirage Feb 28, 2017 10:52 pm

Learn what combinations of airlines a portal allows. If you can't get two airlines to be combined with the portal in a "likely" construction, a complicated one probably won't work.

bertheike Mar 1, 2017 6:22 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 27971269)
I do not use GF. Never use OTAs for searches, since it si a combination that can not be guessed.
Let's say there are more than 6.5 billion wrong combinations and so far only 1 right one. Informed and designed search based on experience and using technology is needed. Again NYC-BKK R/T can be done for less than half of the posted price. But stop-overs of short or long durations in Middle East and Italy makes the construction worthwhile IMO. When it comes to actual OTA booking, you need a site allowing sufficient number of segments. Since it is so tiny, several big OTAs, such as Expedia do not even recognize the departing airport for the first segment.

If we speak about the same departure/origin X1, almost every US based OTA not recognize it/them.
Another problem is that many OTA's not allow trible OJ
AAA-BBB
CCC-DDD
DDD-EEE
FFF-DDD-CCC

a classic example 1. OJ between BBB and CCC, 2. one between EEE and FFF and 3. one CCC-AAA.
I can build it up in AMADEUS with a stopover in DDD, EEE and FFF are in the same country, but it doesn't work on OTA's

WingedWorldExplorer Mar 1, 2017 6:35 am

Originally Posted by bertheike (Post 27974217)
If we speak about the same departure/origin X1, almost every US based OTA not recognize it/them.Another problem is that many OTA's not allow trible OJ
AAA-BBB
CCC-DDD
DDD-EEE
FFF-DDD-CCC
a classic example 1. OJ between BBB and CCC, 2. one between EEE and FFF and 3. one CCC-AAA.
I can build it up in AMADEUS with a stopover in DDD, EEE and FFF are in the same country, but it doesn't work on OTA's

What you refer to is totally different from the construction I presented.