Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2008, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Just from the perspective that the Zuji bookings already have a ticket number and subsequently have been charged to the CC on file.

That puts one in a better position than just having the PNR record locator. I can make a reservation with LH any day and it shows as confirmed on CMT. Just as long until LH kicks it out when the ticket is not issued after 3 days
How about if you have a PNR/s + ticket number, subsequently cancelled, on a 3rd party website, such as cheaptickets.com?

What recourse might be possible, in your opinion, skywalker?
Old Dec 30, 2008, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
tick, tick, tick...

Waiting to talk to Travelocity. 35 minutes on hold and counting.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow Update from Travelocity

-Update-

After waiting 55 minutes, I was finally connected to a helpful agent in India who was very aware of the LX fare sale.

I told the agent that I received a telephone message to call Travelocity about my reservation. First she played dumb and stated that $439 CAD for a Business Class fare to DEL was too low and a clear mistake, especially considering the lowest Economy fare was over $1500 CAD for my date of travel. I asked her to explain to me again why the reservation was cancelled after I received an e-mail from Travelocity stating my reservation was confirmed and ticketed.

The agent stated that Travelocity received an e-mail from LX stating they would not honor the fare. Had I been the only one who booked the fare, Travelocity would have paid the difference for it, said the agent. But because 78 (yes, she gave me the exact number) reservations were created, Travelocity would not be willing to pay for a mistake that LX made.

She stated that a refund would be given to me. I firmly told her that was unacceptable and that I intend to fly on my scheduled itinerary in J. She did not seem at all flustered, agreeing with my statement and saying that Travelocity was working with LX to insure that passengers are “properly compensated for their inconvenience” (her exact words).

She stated that Travelocity has been in touch with the legal department at LX and has told them that they will not tolerate their actions because it is makes Travelocity look bad. I asked her to repeat this, which she did, and to note this in my reservations, which she said she would.

She volunteered to have her supervisor call me back within 48 hours with an update. I told her I have an appointment to get an Indian visa and need a call back sooner. She promised her supervisor (I have his name) would call me back during the day tomorrow.

She profusely apologized again and said that Travelocity would work with me to get the fare honored. She expressed frustration stating, “Your credit card was charged,
LX sent us a confirmation number, but then said that due to a website error they could not honor the fare.” While I never absolved Travelocity from holding up their end of the bargain, we agreed that we should work together to insure that I can take my trip next week.

Today will be interesting…
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:06 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
tick, tick, tick...

Waiting to talk to Travelocity. 35 minutes on hold and counting.
wait, wait, wait .... and ?
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by szg
wait, wait, wait .... and ?
See above!
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:26 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
-Update-

After waiting 55 minutes, I was finally connected to a helpful agent in India who was very aware of the LX fare sale.

She stated that Travelocity has been in touch with the legal department at LX and has told them that they will not tolerate their actions because it is makes Travelocity look bad. I asked her to repeat this, which she did, and to note this in my reservations, which she said she would.

She profusely apologized again and said that Travelocity would work with me to get the fare honored. She expressed frustration stating, “Your credit card was charged,
LX sent us a confirmation number, but then said that due to a website error they could not honor the fare.” While I never absolved Travelocity from holding up their end of the bargain, we agreed that we should work together to insure that I can take my trip next week.

Today will be interesting…

Following with interest and wishing you a favorable outcome. After listening to the CEO video and reading the guarantee, I'd say you stand a very good chance of taking your flight.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weather
Following with interest and wishing you a favorable outcome. After listening to the CEO video and reading the guarantee, I'd say you stand a very good chance of taking your flight.
^ Thanks. I hope you are right!
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:36 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

See above!
So the honor process is still going on.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by szg
So the honor process is still going on.
Hopefully we will find out today.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
How about if you have a PNR/s + ticket number, subsequently cancelled, on a 3rd party website, such as cheaptickets.com?

What recourse might be possible, in your opinion, skywalker?
I would say your chances are good because a ticket number means that you have been charged.

However I strongly recommend to resolve this beforehand with LX (at least if CMT etc says that some legs were cancelled) because going to the airport wil not do you any good. Ergo: You will be stuck ! Especially if it's not your home airport and you have to book a feeder flight that might not be a nice situation.

The PNR will have a remark and the airport staff is definetely not authorized to issue a new ticket for this. It will say "contact XYZ for information" or the like. Swiss in YUL is only operated by Swissport and AC as the feeder airline cant touch it anyways.

So I only see 3 options:

- LX / T-City will honor the ticket somehow
- You fight for the ticket with a SCC filing
- You write it off and get a refund
Old Dec 30, 2008, 2:54 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I would say your chances are good because a ticket number means that you have been charged.
cc not charged.

Amazing, because I was also trying to get EQM's with my Chase United Visa recently, and booked a $6k ticket (on .bomb) 2 days before the statement closed, but it still hasn't posted (and didn't post before the cutoff for this year)!

Does that mean that airlines are now using this method to ensure that they have less of a legal obligation to honor fares, by delaying the payment process, so that any mistake fares can be sorted??

- LX / T-City will honor the ticket somehow
- You fight for the ticket with a SCC filing
- You write it off and get a refund
I booked with cheaptickets.com (the only one working at the time), so don't know whether I have any recouse there!
Old Dec 30, 2008, 3:00 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
cc not charged.

Does that mean that airlines are now using this method to ensure that they have less of a legal obligation to honor fares, by delaying the payment process, so that any mistake fares can be sorted??
I was thinking the same. At the time of booking they made only the authorization. This means, that there is no charge on the credit card, so you can't complain.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by szg
I was thinking the same. At the time of booking they made only the authorization. This means, that there is no charge on the credit card, so you can't complain.
I know!! Crazy, but they found a way to do limit this!
Old Dec 30, 2008, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
There was no fare, hence there should be no ticket. You have only been charged taxes. If there has been a fare, say even $1, then there might be something there to say that hey, it s a fare after all.

Like the time TG also had a zero fare in F from LHR to anywhere. TG would not honor the fare and refunded everyone's tickets cos they said there was no fare charged. But then TG doesn't care about losing those customers who said that they'd never fly TG again.

Lets see now..
Old Dec 30, 2008, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
There was no fare, hence there should be no ticket. You have only been charged taxes. If there has been a fare, say even $1, then there might be something there to say that hey, it s a fare after all.
Except most of us here are not TA's and are only humble pax, who only saw the ticket price showing $299 or thereabouts...

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Dec 30, 2008 at 4:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.