Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Have you called the admin office in Montreal yet?
No, haven't contacted Montreal yet. I think this needs to be escalated to Switzerland. I may contact them later today, but not sure what they can do.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:45 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
For those booked on trans-atlantic AC: are you all on the YYZ-ZRH or ZRH-YYZ flights?
Mine are on YYZ-YUL-ZRH
Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:48 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
For those booked on trans-atlantic AC: are you all on the YYZ-ZRH or ZRH-YYZ flights?
I have a YYZ-ZRH-YYZ "booking in spe" and both TATL flights are on AC.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:16 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Just noticed that for my brother's message they specifically said "There has been an error, and we'll need to rebook your flight for you." Could this mean that they're honoring tickets on LX metal, and rebooking those on AC metal to LX?
Interesting - we only made one booking, which now shows one trans-atlantic leg missing. The missing leg is a LX-coded, AC-operated YYZ-Zurich flight, so maybe LX is actively cancelling the AC-coded Trans-Atlantic flights.

Who wants to join the LX Swim Team with me???
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Wish I would have seen those AC codeshares!

AC C > LXA330 C (or even A340 C) IMO
Old Dec 29, 2008, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is going to get interesting.

I still find it interesting that it seems like they've only cancelled the tickets with TATL segments in AC J for those that booked directly with swiss.com. This gives me just a bit of hope that they'll honor the tickets that are on LX for the TATL segments, but that's just speculation.

I'm going to get started blogging about this, and hopefully some others will pick up on it as well.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 11:20 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I still find it interesting that it seems like they've only cancelled the tickets with TATL segments in AC J for those that booked directly with swiss.com.
That's not accurate. They've canceled Swiss flights booked through other parties as well. For a while, I was actually thinking the reverse ...that AC flights were the ones not being cancelled, but it seems to be a hodge-podge at this point.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 11:28 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I didn't get any of these tickets, but in the grand spirit of FT, I'll get my bowl of popcorn and sit back and watch the free entertainment!

+1
teaches me to be more vigilant about checking FT
Old Dec 29, 2008, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by l'etoile
That's not accurate. They've canceled Swiss flights booked through other parties as well. For a while, I was actually thinking the reverse ...that AC flights were the ones not being cancelled, but it seems to be a hodge-podge at this point.
Correct. My itinerary was cancelled by LX (though booked and still showing confirmed on Travelocity) and has only LX segments.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 11:54 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Correct. My itinerary was cancelled by LX (though booked and still showing confirmed on Travelocity) and has only LX segments.
My itineray shows up as cancelled on LX's site (has been that way for a few days now).
Interestingly, on Travelocity.com/.ca, the only flight that's showing up now is the AC YUL-YYZ flight, the two trans-atlantics (AC to ZRH and LX from ZRH to YUL), as well as my intra-europe flights (ZRH-VIE) are now gone.

No phone call or e-mail yet, and it's going on 44 hours since I booked this trip...
Old Dec 29, 2008, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bostonbali
My itineray shows up as cancelled on LX's site (has been that way for a few days now).
Interestingly, on Travelocity.com/.ca, the only flight that's showing up now is the AC YUL-YYZ flight, the two trans-atlantics (AC to ZRH and LX from ZRH to YUL), as well as my intra-europe flights (ZRH-VIE) are now gone.

No phone call or e-mail yet, and it's going on 44 hours since I booked this trip...
It's 2000 now in Switzerland, probably too late for anything to be done today. If I don't hear anything in the next 12 hours, I am going to call LX before I go to bed tonight (in Los Angeles).
Old Dec 29, 2008, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by l'etoile
Sorry, didn't mean that as an exclusive statement. I was just saying that I haven't heard of any people being contacted yet that booked through swiss.com and had their TATL segments on Swiss.... or am I wrong?
Old Dec 29, 2008, 12:04 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I didn't get any of these tickets, but in the grand spirit of FT, I'll get my bowl of popcorn and sit back and watch the free entertainment!

+1 ^^
Old Dec 29, 2008, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pat89339
+1 ^^
Old Dec 29, 2008, 12:13 pm

It's 2000 now in Switzerland, probably too late for anything to be done today. If I don't hear anything in the next 12 hours, I am going to call LX before I go to bed tonight (in Los Angeles).
Why would you call LX's call center? If they feel there is a problem with the ticket, let them contact you.

I am not contacting them because as far as I know (or as far a regular consumer knows), there are no issues with this purchase and all I have to do is show up at the airport to take my flight...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.