Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary

Need 4000+ MQDs?
If based in a city that is served by Virgin Atlantic such as IAD, JFK, BOS, MIA, LAS, LAX, SFO one of the best options is to fly to JNB or CPT via LHR. This can be done in a weekend and you can usually earn 4-5000 MQDs for under 1300-1600. You need to select Economy Delight which is similar to regular economy but with more legroom and the possibility of earning 20% of distance as MQDs. This is the most common way to earn large chunks at a cheap price.

Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:27 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by alashabbi
Departure Airport: WAS (JFK is a option)
Miles Needed: 1900 MQD
Required Spend or Budget: $1200 if possible
Available Travel Dates: flexible
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Skyteam

I’m approximately 1900 MQD from diamond - based in DC, so any WAS airport or flexible to New York. Open to quick turn or 2-3 days at destination. Thu-Sun travel preferred.

Also trying to figure out KLM fare codes: what is fare basis code ALN06SP1?
Typically the first letter of the full fare basis code is the fare class, so it would be A for mileage earning purposes in this case.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by CptnInc
I was booking via Delta.com. As soon as I selected the outbound itinerary, the next page was an error page. When I said "my dates are flexible" to get the pricing grid, it showed the same-day option as "Not available."

What's also weird is that when I did the one-day stay over, the refundable tickets showed a round trip price of ~$2200 but then the RT prices jumped to over $5k when selecting the return.
I saw that error when I chose "Delta One" ....... "First" was fine. I did not select the refundable tickets.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Nov 2, 2022 at 11:35 am
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
DL Platinum needing End of year MQMs

Hi all, this is my very first post, please forgive any protocol errors. I worked for a large carrier based in ATL for 10 years and have now been either Gold or Platinum for the last 10 or so years in a totally different industry. I am currently Platinum, but am just a little above the Gold min for MQMs , but very close to Plat MQDs oddly (good amount of close to departure biz travel)

Departure Airport: ATL (live here, willing to reposition ~1.5h flight East Coast/Central)
Miles Needed: As many as possible
Required Spend or Budget: Up to $2.5K
Available Travel Dates: Late Nov- week before Christmas
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Any Skyteam

Last edited by rjbris; Nov 2, 2022 at 2:09 pm Reason: Clarification of need (MQMs not MQDs)
Old Nov 2, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: DL LOL, Mosaic, UAL Silver, MR Titanium
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
I saw that error when I chose "Delta One" ....... "First" was fine. I did not select the refundable tickets.

alan
It was doing that for me with First as well. Searching again just now, the site is erroring out (#100904R and #100808R) for all searches between BOS and LIH from at least Dec 8 until Dec 10. Odd.

Anyway, I was able to book the same routing you suggested just with a one day stay over. I'm not going to complain about spending a day sipping drinks on a beach! Thank you for your help.

**EDIT**
Looks like I was trying to search while the whole site was in the middle of crashing. It's working again.

Last edited by CptnInc; Nov 2, 2022 at 11:28 am
Old Nov 2, 2022, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by BlondeChil
Departure Airport: ORD, MDW, MSP, DTW, ATL, JFK (willing to travel to any east coast / Midwest airport)
Miles Needed: N/A
Delta MQD Needed: $5,000+
Required Spend or Budget: $1600-ish
Available Travel Dates: December 11 - December 24
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Skyteam Codeshare okay
For those dates, you will be in the Christmas travel season. You can get a ticket to Stockholm in Delta Premium Economy for around $1500 (Dec 11 - 14).

To earn $5000+ MQD you will need to travel a bit further (e.g. South Africa). Prices in Virgin Atlantic Economy Delight for that time period are running in the $4000+ range from ORD and would earn just under $5000 MQDs. (e.g. Dec 11 - 13, ORD - JNB, $4109, earning around $4900 MQDs)
Old Nov 2, 2022, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by flying wine
Nope, I know that most likely will never happen. Just looking for the max amount of MQD for a budget between $1500-$2000

Sorry Canuck, I forgot to quote the original text.
You can get $4700 MQDs with a run on Virgin Atlantic Economy Delight (V class fare) to Cape Town from JFK.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 4:50 pm

Departure Airport: LGA / JFK
Miles Needed: I just need 2 more segments (2 one-ways or 1 RT), no min MQM/MQD requirement
Required Spend or Budget: Less than $200 total
Available Travel Dates: Likely same day RT, before EOY. Can do W/Sat/Sun.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Needs to be Delta operated

This is for a corporate promotion that can include personal travel. Trying to wrap up 1 more RT to reach Gold status. I think BOS is the easiest and cheapest option, it also seems like the most frequent route from NY?
Old Nov 2, 2022, 4:55 pm

I see a lot of folks discussing MR’s in/out of LAX to JNB/CPT. I too am in need of a MR and it so happens that LAX is my closest airport.

My question is - Delta flies ATL-JNB/CPT-ATL nonstop on an A350. I would much rather prefer to connect domestically and onwards to JNB/CPT, but all of the partner airlines don’t market LAX-ATL-JNB/CPT-ATL-LAX on their sites. Is it possible that they have access to this inventory outside of their website?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by aimango
Departure Airport: LGA / JFK
Miles Needed: I just need 2 more segments (2 one-ways or 1 RT), no min MQM/MQD requirement
Required Spend or Budget: Less than $200 total
Available Travel Dates: Likely same day RT, before EOY. Can do W/Sat/Sun.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Needs to be Delta operated

This is for a corporate promotion that can include personal travel. Trying to wrap up 1 more RT to reach Gold status. I think BOS is the easiest and cheapest option, it also seems like the most frequent route from NY?
Looking at ITA Matrix Saturday December 3... Cheapest is JAX at $111 (Basic Economy)

Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by mochitheflyer
I see a lot of folks discussing MR’s in/out of LAX to JNB/CPT. I too am in need of a MR and it so happens that LAX is my closest airport.

My question is - Delta flies ATL-JNB/CPT-ATL nonstop on an A350. I would much rather prefer to connect domestically and onwards to JNB/CPT, but all of the partner airlines don’t market LAX-ATL-JNB/CPT-ATL-LAX on their sites. Is it possible that they have access to this inventory outside of their website?
The deal with JNB/CPT is that they are on Virgin Atlantic and via London which add more miles (both MQDs and MQMs) than via ATL or other domestic points .. 22154 (LHR) vs 20770 (ATL) to JNB as base miles before any multipliers.

You could try to force codeshares (not sure if VS codeshares on ATL-JNB) via ITA Matrix but not sure if anything attractive would show up...
Old Nov 3, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: DL, B6
EWR

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Looking at ITA Matrix Saturday December 3... Cheapest is JAX at $111 (Basic Economy)

OP should also give EWR a try - a few regionals to BOS each day and the price typically beats LGA or Kennedy. You can also find a friendly GA in BOS that may give you a free change to return to LGA/JFK on an earlier flight (assuming you don't already have a free SDC option).
aimango likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Departure Airport: ATL/NYC/MIA/Any east coast hub
MQD Needed: 6000
Required Spend or Budget: Sub $1000
Available Travel Dates: Any dates before May 2022
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or any partner
First time poster…

Departure Airport: SLC
MQD Needed: 2971
Required Budget: flexible, but under $1,500 ideal
Available Travel Dates: any weekend or overnight trips during the week before end of year
Required Metal or Codeshare: DL or SkyTeam
Old Nov 3, 2022, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Weathermant
First time poster…

Departure Airport: SLC
MQD Needed: 2971
Required Budget: flexible, but under $1,500 ideal
Available Travel Dates: any weekend or overnight trips during the week before end of year
Required Metal or Codeshare: DL or SkyTeam
SLC-UIO for $1344 and about 3141 MQDs

Significant layovers in MEX so basically a long weekend there with some side flying...
Old Nov 4, 2022, 8:41 am

I have done a lot of reading on the mileage runs but it seems that there is still something I am missing. I am Delta Platinum and need mqd's to reach diamond for 2023.
On Tuesday I flew CVG - CDG which I booked directly through the air france website. The confirmation and the ticket itself both have AF flight numbers on them but the flight was operated by Delta Airlines. When I landed in Paris I was very disappointed to see that I only received mqd's based on spent dollars and not on flown distance. What did I do wrong? I read through the posts here and most of the said it does not matter who is the operating airline but it matters wo marketed the flight (flight number). Why didn't it work for me?

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 4, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by flyer0804
I have done a lot of reading on the mileage runs but it seems that there is still something I am missing. I am Delta Platinum and need mqd's to reach diamond for 2023.
On Tuesday I flew CVG - CDG which I booked directly through the air france website. The confirmation and the ticket itself both have AF flight numbers on them but the flight was operated by Delta Airlines. When I landed in Paris I was very disappointed to see that I only received mqd's based on spent dollars and not on flown distance. What did I do wrong? I read through the posts here and most of the said it does not matter who is the operating airline but it matters wo marketed the flight (flight number). Why didn't it work for me?

Thanks in advance
Did your ticket ever get re-issued for any reason, and end up with DL flight numbers?
If not, file a missing mileage request, and ask for the MQDs based on flown distance (assuming MQD will be higher, the % varies based on fare class).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.