Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary

Need 4000+ MQDs?
If based in a city that is served by Virgin Atlantic such as IAD, JFK, BOS, MIA, LAS, LAX, SFO one of the best options is to fly to JNB or CPT via LHR. This can be done in a weekend and you can usually earn 4-5000 MQDs for under 1300-1600. You need to select Economy Delight which is similar to regular economy but with more legroom and the possibility of earning 20% of distance as MQDs. This is the most common way to earn large chunks at a cheap price.

Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2022, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by sm10
Need 25k MQMs for PM all set on dollars—too tight for me to spend on reserve, any ideas from JFK/LGA that don't completely break the bank?
Virgin Atlantic from JFK - JNB will get you about 22,500 MQMs. Tickets are available at $1815 in Economy Delight (e.g. Nov 18 - 20)

JFK - LIH will get you about 10,200 MQMs. Tickets are available as low as $638 (MC). Several dates in December available at this price.
e.g.

Old Oct 29, 2022, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by initial e
Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 10,000 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: Cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: Flexible
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: No

Have an MQD waiver so alright on that front. Same day turn around would be even better.
ATL - LIH via SEA will get you about 9700 MQMs. Prices are as low as $652 (e.g. Dec. 5)

Pick up the remaining miles with a cheap flight somewhere ...... e.g. ATL-MDW, $192, 1100 MQMs, Dec. 7, similar prices to FLL
initial e likes this.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Oct 29, 2022 at 11:00 pm
Old Oct 30, 2022, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Sporataicism
Departure Airport: ATL (could reposition if needed)
Miles Needed: 14k MQD
Required Spend or Budget: All set on MQD, just need MQM. Looking to spend as little as possible (FC/D1 not required)
Available Travel Dates: Late Nov and All Dec
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: N/A

Trying to squeeze out Platinum Medallion by the end of the year for the first time. New to mileage runs, assuming that finding good MQM deals out of ATL is as hard as finding good priced deals, but open to suggestions from folks! Thanks!
I would suggest doing two runs to Hawaii (e.g. Dec. 5, ATL - LIH, Dec. 7, ATL -LIH) at $652 for about 9700 MQMs each trip. You could also do one trip to Hawaii and one to SEA (e.g. Dec. 3, ATL-SEA-ATL, $452, about 4300 MQMs)
Old Oct 30, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
ATL - LIH via SEA will get you about 9700 MQMs. Prices are as low as $652 (e.g. Dec. 5)

Pick up the remaining miles with a cheap flight somewhere ...... e.g. ATL-MDW, $192, 1100 MQMs, Dec. 7, similar prices to FLL
I think that's what the plan is. I'm going to JFK 11/4 so that should fill the gap.

Why is LIH such a popular milage run option? Also ideally I'd like to turn around same night and get back +1. However the layover is about a hour. Do you guys think that's an acceptable amount of time?
Old Oct 30, 2022, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by initial e
I think that's what the plan is. I'm going to JFK 11/4 so that should fill the gap.

Why is LIH such a popular milage run option? Also ideally I'd like to turn around same night and get back +1. However the layover is about a hour. Do you guys think that's an acceptable amount of time?
KOA is similar prices to LIH.

LIH is a pretty small airport. One hour should be fine. (most likely the same plane that you just got off)
Old Oct 30, 2022, 10:59 am

I would suggest doing two runs to Hawaii (e.g. Dec. 5, ATL - LIH, Dec. 7, ATL -LIH) at $652 for about 9700 MQMs each trip. You could also do one trip to Hawaii and one to SEA (e.g. Dec. 3, ATL-SEA-ATL, $452, about 4300 MQMs)
Thanks! I'll look into that. There's also some good deals on KLM economy light flights to Copenhagen ("V" fares). If I understand correctly, those would earn 100% MQM, but reduced MQD's (which is fine with me). Is that correct?
Old Oct 30, 2022, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Sporataicism
Thanks! I'll look into that. There's also some good deals on KLM economy light flights to Copenhagen ("V" fares). If I understand correctly, those would earn 100% MQM, but reduced MQD's (which is fine with me). Is that correct?
Yes, KLM "V" fares earn 100% MQMs.

Also bookable on Delta.
e.g.

Old Oct 30, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: Delta
KOA is similar prices to LIH.

LIH is a pretty small airport. One hour should be fine. (most likely the same plane that you just got off)
lol yeah same plane. Same seat I guess just deplane. Bio break reload snacks. Go back to same gate, hopefully. Thanks for all the help.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL DM
How about ............

1. YVR - LIM, Aeromexico Business class, Nov 22 - 23, $1326, earns about 15,000 MQMs, $4000 MQDs, long layover in MEX on inbound and outbound. Google Flight Link

2. Reposition to LAX, about 1900 MQMS

3. Virgin Atlantic, Dec 1 - 4, LAX - CPT, $1995, earns about 28,500 MQMs, $5700 MQDs, one night in Cape Town, overnight in London on return

Instead of the YVR - LIM run, you can do two runs to Hawaii (KOA,LIH) for about the same mileage routing through LAX for around $1000 in MC ($470 per trip)
Thanks so much! will 1 trip to CPT from LAX plus two Hawaii trip will get me 35k?
Do you have any other recommendations? I don't need MQD, all I need is to get 35k with less trips.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 3:46 pm

Anyone know the quality of the Aeromexico Business class seats? If I was laying flat this would be very doable, if it is like economy seats this schedule would leave you dragging without sleep.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by WinSea
Thanks so much! will 1 trip to CPT from LAX plus two Hawaii trip will get me 35k?
Do you have any other recommendations? I don't need MQD, all I need is to get 35k with less trips.
If you fly Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy (K fare), it would earn 1.5 x miles flown. So LAX-LHR-CPT-LHR-LAX would be about 34,000 MQMs. $2800 for the dates I mentioned in the previous post. $2435 for November 24 - 27.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Traciely
Anyone know the quality of the Aeromexico Business class seats? If I was laying flat this would be very doable, if it is like economy seats this schedule would leave you dragging without sleep.
It will depend on the aircraft. For the 737 Max 8, it will not be lie flat - more like a recliner with a leg rest. The Dreamliner offers lie flat seats.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 9:15 pm

Departure Airport: LAX (open to repositioning)
Miles Needed: MQM: 35,194 / MQD: $5,388
Required Spend or Budget: $3-4K Max
Available Travel Dates: Looking for any dates M-F, prefer no weekend days (could be open to 1 weekend day if needed). Not available 11/18-12/5.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: N/A

- Mileage run for Diamond status
- Looking for the quickest options to accomplish this mileage run / Same-day turn highly preferred
- Premium Economy or Business preferred (understood business is less likely now with said budget/holidays)
- Prefer no Air France 777 Premium Economy product

I understand my availability/budget/preferences might hinder a good option here. Thank you for any insight you may be able to offer! 😊
Old Oct 30, 2022, 11:32 pm

Programs: DL, AF, UA
DL/ Skyteam End of Year Mileage Run

Hey all, been looking hard for a good MQD run, but can't seem to find great deals. Preferably these would be over a weekend but weekdays are fine too.
All help is SUPER appreciated.
Departure Airport: SFO, SEA, LAX, West Coasts Hubs preferably
MQD Needed: ~4500
Required Spend or Budget: Sub $1800 preferably
Available Travel Dates: Dec 8-Dec 22, Dec 27-31.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or any partner. Preferably AF/KLM as there is a good amex offer.

Last edited by hutch507; Oct 30, 2022 at 11:33 pm Reason: Dates
Old Oct 31, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Hey guys, I'm trying to organise my trips to Asia next year so was hoping to get some ideas on how to max out XPs.

Departure Airport: ideally AMS or nearby, but can reposition
Destination: Japan/East Asia/possible Southeast Asia like BKK
Miles Needed: 100 XPs
Required Spend or Budget: Most likely economy unless a good deal
Available Travel Dates: Spring 2023
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: must be credited to KLM/AF Flying Blue scheme

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.