Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary

Need 4000+ MQDs?
If based in a city that is served by Virgin Atlantic such as IAD, JFK, BOS, MIA, LAS, LAX, SFO one of the best options is to fly to JNB or CPT via LHR. This can be done in a weekend and you can usually earn 4-5000 MQDs for under 1300-1600. You need to select Economy Delight which is similar to regular economy but with more legroom and the possibility of earning 20% of distance as MQDs. This is the most common way to earn large chunks at a cheap price.

Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by ramblin_ap
Newbie trying to earn Silver Medallion before end of year. $300 MQD away. Looking for best bang for buck.

Thanks!

Departure Airport: WAS, CLT (anywhere in between)
Miles Needed: NA
Required Spend or Budget: $300 MQD
Available Travel Dates: First half Nov, first half Dec
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: No
For 300 MQD just buy a RT in First somewhere nearby. Very hard to optimize on such a low MQD value...
Old Oct 12, 2022, 9:43 pm

Depart from MSP Need 4,000 Delta MQDs

I need about 4,000 MQDs to make Diamond status with Delta. I'd like to travel from MSP and have a short turnaround to get back. Would like to spend less than $2,000. Please let me know some destinations that I could consider booking.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 5:52 am

Need 4,000 MQDs to reach Delta Diamond

Since I'm a newbie I realized my initial posting needed more info. Please share any ideas you have to earn 4,000 MQDs
Departure Airport: MSP preferred but can be flexible for any departure airport.
Miles Needed: 4,000 MQDs
Required Spend or Budget: under $2,000
Available Travel Dates: late Oct through December
Required Metal Any Sky Miles or Delta partner
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by jellerthree
Since I'm a newbie I realized my initial posting needed more info. Please share any ideas you have to earn 4,000 MQDs
Departure Airport: MSP preferred but can be flexible for any departure airport.
Trip 1 MSP-TIJ for $1264 and get 2750 MQDs
Maybe add some internal flights ex TIJ
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:19 pm

AM just dumped my whole $900 itinerary to TYO in NOV, which was supposed to net me $3400 minimum MQDs, so now scrambling to figure out a new mileage run to clear platinum.
Departure Airport: SEA preferred but can be flexible for any departure airport.
Available Travel Dates: late Oct through December weekends
Old Oct 14, 2022, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by brillantesg
AM just dumped my whole $900 itinerary to TYO in NOV, which was supposed to net me $3400 minimum MQDs, so now scrambling to figure out a new mileage run to clear platinum.
Departure Airport: SEA preferred but can be flexible for any departure airport.
Available Travel Dates: late Oct through December weekends
SEA-SCL one day in SCL and a day and chance with layovers in MEX for $1787 (OTA Price)

Google Flights
Old Oct 14, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Silver, UA Plat
Need some help for the gf who is trying to reach PM

Departure Airport: SFO, SJC, OAK
Miles Needed: 6577 MQMs (MQDs already met)
Required Spend or Budget: As small as possible
Available Travel Dates: No preference but needs to be over a weekend and quick turn around - No PTO left
Old Oct 14, 2022, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Fes426
Need some help for the gf who is trying to reach PM

Departure Airport: SFO, SJC, OAK
Miles Needed: 6577 MQMs (MQDs already met)
Required Spend or Budget: As small as possible
Available Travel Dates: No preference but needs to be over a weekend and quick turn around - No PTO left
Take a look at SFO - LIH/KOA. Some sub $500 fares available. e.g. Dec. 3
Traciely likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 1:25 am

May need about 2500MQDs

Departure Airport: LAX
Miles Needed: None
MQDs Needed: about 2500 or so
Required Spend or Budget: low as possible
Available Travel Dates: December
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: yes

I've been looking at the TIJ thread and may up doing that, but if I could do it in one shot it would be ideal. The JNB run is $2k. I could do two sets of flights around Mexico but the idea of taking 8 flights in a weekend is something I'm not looking forward to. I may have other business trips that would eat into the needed MQDs but they're always last minute.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by Conrad Alberto Jr
Departure Airport: LAX
Miles Needed: None
MQDs Needed: about 2500 or so
Available Travel Dates: December

I've been looking at the TIJ thread and may up doing that, but if I could do it in one shot it would be ideal. The JNB run is $2k. I could do two sets of flights around Mexico but the idea of taking 8 flights in a weekend is something I'm not looking forward to. I may have other business trips that would eat into the needed MQDs but they're always last minute.
LAX-GDL-MEX-TIJ-MEX-GDL-LAX
Six flights in a weekend? One day in Santo Domingo and 16 hours in MEX... I always mix up if you get 500 Min Miles for MQD calculations... so its either 6472 or 6044 x 40% which means 2589 or 2418 MQDs for $857.
Google Flights
Old Oct 15, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: Delta
Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 25,000
Required Spend or Budget: Under 2300
Available Travel Dates: Anytime November-Mid late december

I recently became Silver Medallion literally last night. Should I chase for Gold while in 2022 for the 2023 year? My understanding is that only the 8 MQMs and any that I accrue till 1/31/22 will roll over. So should I chase for Gold while it's basically halfway there? Instead of chasing after 50K MQMs in 2023? I already have the Amex waiver for 2022.

25K MQMs seems like a lot but if within reasonable budget... I'm game.

Old Oct 15, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Departure Airport: AUS
Miles Needed: 30000
MQDs Needed: None
Available Travel Dates: Nov

Not sure is it worth for going for Diamond Status with 30K MQM required. I am doing on ok MQD. Presently at Platinum status and official travel is done for the rest of year. I have AUS-LAX-KOA return trip in Nov but in Economy. After this trip I will be short of 30K. How much budget is required for 30K MQM and can anybody suggest some good mileage run for MQM.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by initial e
Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 25,000
Required Spend or Budget: Under 2300
Available Travel Dates: Anytime November-Mid late december

I recently became Silver Medallion literally last night. Should I chase for Gold while in 2022 for the 2023 year? My understanding is that only the 8 MQMs and any that I accrue till 1/31/22 will roll over. So should I chase for Gold while it's basically halfway there? Instead of chasing after 50K MQMs in 2023? I already have the Amex waiver for 2022.

25K MQMs seems like a lot but if within reasonable budget... I'm game.

MQM and MQD accrual is during the calendar year (i.e. January 1 - December 31) towards earning status. See the Delta webpage for more info.

A trip to LIH or KOA with an immediate turn can be as low as mid $600's (MC) and would earn around 8500 MQMs per trip.

A trip booked with Virgin Atlantic (economy delight class) from Atlanta to JNB is available for about $2100 and would earn about 25,000 MQMs. Immediate turn with about 8 hours in JNB is available (e.g. Nov 18 - 19).

Old Oct 15, 2022, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Departure Airport: AUS
Miles Needed: 30000
MQDs Needed: None
Available Travel Dates: Nov

Not sure is it worth for going for Diamond Status with 30K MQM required. I am doing on ok MQD. Presently at Platinum status and official travel is done for the rest of year. I have AUS-LAX-KOA return trip in Nov but in Economy. After this trip I will be short of 30K. How much budget is required for 30K MQM and can anybody suggest some good mileage run for MQM.
Virgin Atlantic (Economy Delight class) from AUS - JNB (via LHR) would earn about 26,000 MQMs. Tickets are available for just under $2000 (e.g. Nov 4 - 6, $1960). Long layover in LHR on outbound. Use Virgin Atlantic flexible date search to find desired date. To get the remaining miles you can do another Hawaii run for as low as $500 (e.g. Dec. 4, AUS-LIH, $496)

AUS-SIN is available on Delta (e.g. Nov 7 - 9, $1239 earning 17,400 MQMs). Book on Delta.
rajhyd99 likes this.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Oct 15, 2022 at 4:36 pm
Old Oct 16, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: Delta
SLC MQD Run

Departure Airport: SLC preferred, could also use LAS or SEA
Miles Needed: 5,000 MQDs
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshare ok (going for MQDs)

I'm ~5k away from Diamond this year and am wondering if it's worth it to fly around and collect the status. Already ok on the MQMs since I was flying lots of cheap fares earlier in the year. New to the forum and appreciate the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.