Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Japan Airlines Yvr to Dps for $1178 CAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Japan Airlines Yvr to Dps for $1178 CAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2020, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by mcbg1
It'll be my first time flying long haul in biz with AA. Hopefully it's a decent experience.
Get ready to have the seatbelt sign on for the entire TPAC segment.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:56 pm

I was able to snag one of these business class fares to Bali.

September 2 - AA YYZ - DFW, JAL DFW - HND, JAL NRT - CGK, GA CGK - DPS, booked through JAL as one e-ticket.

Is anyone in the same boat as me? Indonesia may not open up Bali by September to overseas tourists.

Does anyone know what JAL will allow for these tickets?( i.e. push it out to a longer date or pay the difference for the change in dates). The JAL sight is not the most user friendly sight.

Thanks for your input.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by dha100
I was able to snag one of these business class fares to Bali.

September 2 - AA YYZ - DFW, JAL DFW - HND, JAL NRT - CGK, GA CGK - DPS, booked through JAL as one e-ticket.

Is anyone in the same boat as me? Indonesia may not open up Bali by September to overseas tourists.

Does anyone know what JAL will allow for these tickets?( i.e. push it out to a longer date or pay the difference for the change in dates). The JAL sight is not the most user friendly sight.

Thanks for your input.
You should be able to make a free change to a future date:

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/202..._02/index.html
Old Jul 1, 2020, 9:41 am
Suspended

Hmm I have YOW-ORD-LAX-HKG-DPS booked with AA but I just read AA will no operate LAX-HKG. What are my options?
Old Jul 1, 2020, 11:19 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Hmm I have YOW-ORD-LAX-HKG-DPS booked with AA but I just read AA will no operate LAX-HKG. What are my options?
I have the same LAX-HKG segment in my booking. Nothing's been cancelled yet, so I think you have to wait and see what you can get away with when it does get cancelled. DFW-HKG should still be scheduled, so most likely they'll try to reroute you via DFW. Ideally I'd rebook on CX from JFK (and even better [and more unlikely!] just drop the YYZ-CLT segment and originate in JFK), but I doubt AA would allow that when they're still flying their own metal from DFW.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 11:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by absoluy
I have the same LAX-HKG segment in my booking. Nothing's been cancelled yet, so I think you have to wait and see what you can get away with when it does get cancelled. DFW-HKG should still be scheduled, so most likely they'll try to reroute you via DFW. Ideally I'd rebook on CX from JFK (and even better [and more unlikely!] just drop the YYZ-CLT segment and originate in JFK), but I doubt AA would allow that when they're still flying their own metal from DFW.
I had a YOW-PHL segment cancelled already and I tried to get switched to the JFK-HKG flight on Cathay but the supervisor I spoke to wasn't into that idea haha. We'll see what happens.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 3:04 pm
Suspended

So I just tried the online chat in the AA app and asked about my options since the LAX-HKG route was cancelled. The agent immediately offered to put me on the ORD-HKG flight with Cathay and then HKG-DPS with Cathay again. So I'm now doing YOW-ORD-HKG-DPS. I can't believe it!!!
Old Jul 4, 2020, 4:53 pm
Suspended

So I just tried the online chat in the AA app and asked about my options since the LAX-HKG route was cancelled. The agent immediately offered to put me on the ORD-HKG flight with Cathay and then HKG-DPS with Cathay again. So I'm now doing YOW-ORD-HKG-DPS. I can't believe it!!!
I just tried and was told that they can’t change since the cancellation hasn’t been loaded in their systems yet.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 5:00 pm
Suspended

I just tried and was told that they can’t change since the cancellation hasn’t been loaded in their systems yet.
I guess I got lucky with the agent I spoke to. My itinerary was still fine but I said I knew the LAX-HKG route had been cancelled and I was wondering what my options were. She immediately suggested putting me on ORD-HKG with Cathay and then HKG-DPS with Cathay as well. Same route for the return. Maybe try again with different agents.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 12:26 am

If you check expertflyer, and try to purchase the flights with AA they are gone, the flights are pulled, so, just waiting for AA to catch up...
Old Jul 5, 2020, 10:56 am

Update, major bloodbath last night at AA with the schedule. Got someone who didn't know what to do, HUCA and found a fantastic agent who gave me the changes on CX that I wanted. Good luck everyone!
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:52 pm

I noticed that Qatar is now flying between Toronto and Doha with onwards connections to DPS, all oneworld. This might be another option for some individuals who might have to reschedule. The service started July 04/20. I believe it will be three times a week.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 5:05 pm
Suspended

I noticed that Qatar is now flying between Toronto and Doha with onwards connections to DPS, all oneworld. This might be another option for some individuals who might have to reschedule. The service started July 04/20. I believe it will be three times a week.
Have you been able to switch to QR?
Old Jul 6, 2020, 12:48 pm
Suspended

After trying AA by phone and in-app chat today, routing via DOH (/using QR) was a no go.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 9:08 pm
Suspended

Guidance from AA is that they will only rebook to AA codeshares in the case of a schedule change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.