Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Japan Airlines Yvr to Dps for $1178 CAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Japan Airlines Yvr to Dps for $1178 CAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Got a call from JAL in Los Angeles. Only the Jakarta CGK to Bali DPS flights on Garuda were canceled (Booked thru JAL). Garuda has flights leaving about two hours after. Anyone have any luck getting JAL to push flights back a few months without change in fare? Fingers Crossed!
I have a trip booked on 1/16 - JAL pushed to 1/17 but GA has effectively cancelled all DPS-CGK legs to the end of March, from what JAL told me.

One rep was very helpful and attempted to route through other cities on other OW carriers, the other rep was not helpful at all.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan,Alaska,Airmiles
I too just received a notification of a flight change departing YVR. At this time, I am scheduled to depart Jan 27th. I am hoping that JAL extends their window for changes past March 31st and I will change to a much later date. Does anyone have any guesses if the March 31st date will be extended? Fingers crossed
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by triptastic
I too just received a notification of a flight change departing YVR. At this time, I am scheduled to depart Jan 27th. I am hoping that JAL extends their window for changes past March 31st and I will change to a much later date. Does anyone have any guesses if the March 31st date will be extended? Fingers crossed
It´s already possible to extend rebooking into July 2021. See JAL website from today.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 1:24 pm

Our AA-issued tickets are in limbo. AA has stopped flying DFW-HKG and when I tried to rebook for April with CX on both legs, the computer kicked it back because one transpacific leg has to be on AA or JL metal. At this point I'm not able to fly the ticket at all. Does anyone with AA tickets still have a valid itinerary? I'm wondering if AA will push this out to summer or fall?
Old Dec 19, 2020, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Our AA-issued tickets are in limbo. AA has stopped flying DFW-HKG and when I tried to rebook for April with CX on both legs, the computer kicked it back because one transpacific leg has to be on AA or JL metal. At this point I'm not able to fly the ticket at all. Does anyone with AA tickets still have a valid itinerary? I'm wondering if AA will push this out to summer or fall?

AA can push my flight to March 2021, but with layover in HKG both ways. I ends up cancelled the booking for refund
Old Dec 19, 2020, 6:50 pm

I booked with Priceline and today they called regarding a flight change. They offered me the new return three days later or full refund. I'll probably just take the refund.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by iamanil
Not sure if they are reducing the YVR frequencies for Feb 2021, but my thursday departure got pushed to Weds from YVR and a sunday departure to YVR got pushed to Monday. Need to check my options with the JAL CS. Would they be flexible in moving the origin to a US airport(SEA/SJC/LAX/SFO?) instead of YVR?
I spoke with a JAL rep over the phone -- said absolutely impossible to change departure city despite the date changes of my YVR-TYO flight from SAT to SUN. Either accept the new date or get a refund is what I was told. My flight is in April. Going to wait and see if anything else changes between now and then.
iamanil likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I spoke with a JAL rep over the phone -- said absolutely impossible to change departure city despite the date changes of my YVR-TYO flight from SAT to SUN. Either accept the new date or get a refund is what I was told. My flight is in April. Going to wait and see if anything else changes between now and then.
​​​​​​​HUCA? JAL allows for no add collect date changes out until July now.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Feb. itinerary, DFW-HKG went away. I was surprised CX didn’t cancel the DPS segments first. Anyway, I opted for the full refund for both pax from AA, credit was back on my AmEx in three days. Very bittersweet to get the chunk of change back but throw in the towel in this great fare.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 2:10 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by xfisgsm
HUCA? JAL allows for no add collect date changes out until July now.
This is correct. You cannot change the departing city.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 2:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Feb. itinerary, DFW-HKG went away. I was surprised CX didn’t cancel the DPS segments first. Anyway, I opted for the full refund for both pax from AA, credit was back on my AmEx in three days. Very bittersweet to get the chunk of change back but throw in the towel in this great fare.
Same here. Given inability for US citizens to enter Canada (no way for me to do a US-CA-US transfer as my YYZ flight was first thing in the AM, + xcled DFW-HKG and a overnight in HK (even though as a PR I can enter HK) I elected to have AA cancel and refund. Had to submit refund form online but only took 48hours before I got notication of full refund heading to my CC.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Re-ticketed by JL onto CX/ BA metal. YVR-NRT-CKG-DPS RT now confirmed YVR-HKG-DPS-HKG-LHR-YVR. Unable to put together a same-day turn at DPS.
DWooderson and andigoeskiwi like this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 8:03 am

HUCA? JAL allows for no add collect date changes out until July now.
Does this actually apply to us? The JAL website says it’s for tickets issued from 6/11. This deal came up towards the end of April.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by benjinito
Does this actually apply to us? The JAL website says it’s for tickets issued from 6/11. This deal came up towards the end of April.
The policy is here: https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/202...02/?inbound=ar

It applies to "Tickets issued on/before June 11, 2020"
Old Dec 24, 2020, 3:32 am

The policy is here: https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/202...02/?inbound=ar

It applies to "Tickets issued on/before June 11, 2020"
Thanks so much, I was referring to the policy on the front page https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/202...v_2&inbound=ar which states "All international fares issued between June 11, 2020, and March 31, 2021". This is even better!
iamanil likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.