Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Japan Airlines Yvr to Dps for $1178 CAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Japan Airlines Yvr to Dps for $1178 CAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2020, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DWooderson
We tried a few different dates in April 2021, and the agent said his system was showing the partner connecting flights (Garuda from CGK or CX from HKG) as being un-bookable. Not sure if this means that these tickets are marked for special handling in the JL system, or if the schedule that far out is just wonky right now.
Did you try a routing using CX or MH?
Old Jul 13, 2020, 1:13 pm

Similar situation with JAL not being very agreeable to utilizing other One World carriers. They are only allowing JAL flights. They are suggesting that I would have to start my journey at a JAL North American city. I reside in Toronto, they are suggesting that I start the journey in Vancouver on JAL, no JAL service to Toronto. They will not start me on AA to get to any American city for the JAL connection, it would be on my own dime if I go to rebook the ticket.

Previously I was to go YYZ to DFW (AA) to HND (JAL), NRT to CGK (JAL) to DPS (GA). Right now, JAL is not allowing me to get to DPS as the last leg is on Garuda. They can take me as far as Jakarta (CGK) as this is where JAL flies. They will not forward me to the final destination if I wish to rebook in Q1, 2021. I am trying to get this rerouted through Cathay or AA but according to JAL the ticket does not allow other one world carriers to be used.

JAL is pressuring me to refund so I do not have to take the ticket. As the NRT to CGK has also been cancelled, the ticket now is a complete mess. I am holding off to see what can be arranged. I am scheduled to leave September 2nd but Bali is not to re-open until September 11th, the day I am to leave. I have to rebook no matter what or refund.

Has anyone who booked this through JAL had any luck with rebooking and getting on another One World carrier to DPS or am I up the creek without a paddle on this one? Any insight is appreciated for this one.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 6:48 pm

' They are suggesting that I would have to start my journey at a JAL North American city. ' ........So they allow you to rebook to a different board point without repricing?
Old Jul 14, 2020, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by absoluy
Did you try a routing using CX or MH?
Yes tried CX through HKG on several different dates next spring, and no dice.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 12:36 pm

I got very lucky, I originally booked through AA, YVR-LAX-HKG-DPS and DPS-HKG-LAX-YVR. I am based out of LAX and they allowed me to start my journey in LAX and end in YVR. Now I don't have to buy a one-way to YVR to start the trip. Now I am LAX-HKG-DPS all Cathay and DPS-HKG (30 hr layover to go to HK disneyland) HKG-LAX (both on Cathay) and another layover in LAX then LAX-YVR. The plan is to push the LAX-YVR flight out 3 weeks to make it another trip and then just buy a one way home. If they don't let me move the LAX-YVR I will just skip that flight and call it a day. Now only if the corona virus would not flare up and allow me to go, that would be great. I am booked in February and my tickets have been confirmed and I have already chosen my seat assignments. What a smoking deal if I get to fly Cathay business for $850 per person for a family of 4!
GoAmtrak, haroon145 and DWooderson like this.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 8:38 am

Booked through the JAL website, YVR-NRT-CGK-DPS.
Called to rebook when everything went crazy with my original dates. They rebooked me on the dates that I wanted but the same exact routing. I did inquire about changing to a different origin in North America and she said that wasn't possible.

Checked the website later and the new flights were showing as booked under the same PNR.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Does anyone booked for this in 2020 actually expect to go to DPS? I’m already feeling pessimistic for Feb. 2021. I’m guessing there will be no option to change dates without refaring (even if Bali remains closed to tourists), which would be a wipeout. Otherwise we’ll all likely be stuck with vouchers... to perhaps wait to use on the next great sale or mistake fare to who knows where, and who knows when.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 6:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25k, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Does anyone booked for this in 2020 actually expect to go to DPS? I’m already feeling pessimistic for Feb. 2021. I’m guessing there will be no option to change dates without refaring (even if Bali remains closed to tourists), which would be a wipeout. Otherwise we’ll all likely be stuck with vouchers... to perhaps wait to use on the next great sale or mistake fare to who knows where, and who knows when.
I am booked for November 2020 on AA (YYZ-DFW-HKG-DPS). Since the booking, HKG has extended its border closure to end of December 2020 so that is going to be interesting on my 21 hour layover. Also, AA has cancelled all their DFW-HKG flights to October 24, I assume due to HKG requiring all crews to be isolated and tested on arrival (flight crews were previously exempt). I am still 5% hopeful that Indonesia might exempt Bali on the border closure. If DPS border remains closed, I hope there will be some flight cancellations or schedule changes allowing me to reschedule my dates free of charge. Otherwise, I might just eat the $250 cancellation fee

I also have a planned trip to Seychelles and Bali for February 2021, also not too optimistic. But if the world COVID-19 numbers get low enough, I would think a negative COVID test would suffice to allow some countries to re-open to foreign tourists.

Last edited by Midnightcat; Aug 24, 2020 at 12:08 pm Reason: If flights still operate, my only option is cancel or credit voucher
Old Aug 24, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan,Alaska,Airmiles
I have this flight booked for Jan 29, 2021. I am not confident that it will happen. I foolishly booked through CheepO air. has anyone booked with them that was successful in changing the date?
Old Aug 24, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Midnightcat
I am booked for November 2020 on AA (YYZ-DFW-HKG-DPS). Since the booking, HKG has extended its border closure to end of December 2020 so that is going to be interesting on my 21 hour layover. Also, AA has cancelled all their DFW-HKG flights to October 24, I assume due to HKG requiring all crews to be isolated and tested on arrival (flight crews were previously exempt). I am still 5% hopeful that Indonesia might exempt Bali on the border closure. If DPS border remains closed, I hope there will be some flight cancellations or schedule changes allowing me to reschedule my dates free of charge. Otherwise, I might just eat the $250 cancellation fee
Aaaand Bali just announced that it's staying closed through at least the end of 2020

Reuters story though doesn't mention a time frame

Also, very key point that HKG needs to be open as well, for anyone connecting overnight (unless you really want to rough it in the gate area). My outbound layover doesn't requiring clearing out of sterile transit, but my return does. I'm surprised that HKG doesn't seem to have an airside transit hotel or 24/7 lounges.

I also booked through AA. If I understand their COVID waiver correctly as detailed on their agent page, you can get an even exchange (no fare difference) if the routing and fare class stay exactly the same. So that's potentially great news for those of us who want to aim for DPS later. All other changes would refare, and of course refunds are allowed only with the $250/ticket fee. I'm guessing there's no exception for government travel restrictions, only if the carrier cancels a leg?
Old Aug 24, 2020, 3:20 pm

Also, very key point that HKG needs to be open as well, for anyone connecting overnight (unless you really want to rough it in the gate area). My outbound layover doesn't requiring clearing out of sterile transit, but my return does. I'm surprised that HKG doesn't seem to have an airside transit hotel or 24/7 lounges.
HKG does have 24/7 lounge (Plaza Premium Lounge West) and an airside transit hotel (Refreshhh by Aerotel), but both are currently closed.

I also booked through AA. If I understand their COVID waiver correctly as detailed on their agent page, you can get an even exchange (no fare difference) if the routing and fare class stay exactly the same. So that's potentially great news for those of us who want to aim for DPS later. All other changes would refare, and of course refunds are allowed only with the $250/ticket fee. I'm guessing there's no exception for government travel restrictions, only if the carrier cancels a leg?
I called AA earlier today about the border closure. The agent advised that if flights are operating as scheduled, my only options are cancel, take a credit voucher or change with re-fare. She suggested I wait until one of the flights are cancelled (I think a major schedule change will also suffice). Currently, CX HKG-DPS are cancelled for all of September, while AA DFW-HKG is cancelled until October 23. So wait and see, hopefully I can reschedule without re-fare to later in 2021.
GoAmtrak likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: Cathay Pacific-Asia Miles, Starwood
Schedule change

Hi; received notice today for flight change for Guruda segment of Japan Airlines YVR to DPS flight. Flight is changed by approx. 5 hrs. Flight is currently in October; need excuse to change to February without fee since Bali now closed to Jan.2021 at earliest. Will flight change of 5 hrs. give me right to change without fee? Thank you for your assistance.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 11:08 pm

My AA flight from LAX to YVR went from a direct flight to a stopover in DFW. Do you think that is enough of a change that would allow me to be able to change the flight to a later time period? My flight is supposed to be in February and was hoping to change the flights to early April or December. Any thoughts? ( I am guessing february is too early because I don;t think the vaccine will be widely and easily available.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by joeybrazinski
My AA flight from LAX to YVR went from a direct flight to a stopover in DFW. Do you think that is enough of a change that would allow me to be able to change the flight to a later time period? My flight is supposed to be in February and was hoping to change the flights to early April or December. Any thoughts? ( I am guessing february is too early because I don;t think the vaccine will be widely and easily available.
You can call and ask but February is quite far away. Is the flight change adding long layovers to your journey? If you are able to find the LAX to YVR direct available at a later date you might be able to use that as an excuse to change the dates. Call and see what the AA agent have to offer, be nice.

Originally Posted by darlaf
Hi; received notice today for flight change for Guruda segment of Japan Airlines YVR to DPS flight. Flight is changed by approx. 5 hrs. Flight is currently in October; need excuse to change to February without fee since Bali now closed to Jan.2021 at earliest. Will flight change of 5 hrs. give me right to change without fee? Thank you for your assistance.
I think the Garuda segment is the last leg of your journey, so you are arriving 5 hours late into DPS? I would wait until mid-September to see if that segment gets cancelled if DPS borders remain closed. All you can do is call and ask for options.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 12:12 pm

My flight yvr-nrt for today was cancelled and moved out 2 days. Called Priceline and was allowed to change tickets at no fee as long as all travel was completed by March 31.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.