Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): *A: CDG-BNE 1050eur rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): *A: CDG-BNE 1050eur rt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
That is an absolutely incredible deal.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
Originally Posted by Granite64
Avoid LH yes, their business class is mediocre..; and LH P class fares are horrible for earning miles. However Swiss is fine and Austrian is really good (Do&Co catering). I guess the price won't increase as long as P class is available.
Not a fan of LX either, their service just slipped so much in these years. OS indeed is nice though!

Obviously LH/LX/OS COVID-19 rebooking policy isn't a simple P --> P equation (like most other airlines, AF/KL notably). If you change before taking the first segment. The actual fare difference between historical P and the current P at time of rebooking will be collected. Say you bought this fare for 1000EUR now, and you need to rebook in June, if the P fare in June is 3000EUR, they will collect 2000 EUR for you to make the change.

So Nein, Danke...
palmanfr, raporot and ClassActTH14 like this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 2:20 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by newflyer530
Not a fan of LX either, their service just slipped so much in these years. OS indeed is nice though!

Obviously LH/LX/OS COVID-19 rebooking policy isn't a simple P --> P equation (like most other airlines, AF/KL notably). If you change before taking the first segment. The actual fare difference between historical P and the current P at time of rebooking will be collected. Say you bought this fare for 1000EUR now, and you need to rebook in June, if the P fare in June is 3000EUR, they will collect 2000 EUR for you to make the change.

So Nein, Danke...
Thanks for clarifying that!
Old Mar 17, 2020, 2:42 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ranskis
Long haul flights from Europe for 1000 EUR return more or less was also happening from time to time even before the virus. AF KL had fares to HK at 1200 EUR, LH/LX had regularly companion fares to Asia, Afria and South America at 1000-1200 EUR. Usual regular summer fare wars to US at 1000-1200 EUR return.

However, fares that low for Australia and New Zealand, I have never seen anything close to that. The closest was QR 2-3 years ago when dumping some of the YQ when originating in OSL and back to AKL on fares that were very reasonable but closer to 1700 EUR before fuel dump, and it involved only their own metal. So perhaps some Gulf carriers could get crazy and discount their own flights but I doubt it would be as low as what LH/LX are offering.

Therefore, from Europe to Oceania, I would not bet we would find other deals like this one in the next weeks. From Europe to Asia/South America, there will certainly be more good deals to come by at a similar level indeed.
we will find, show its just began.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:24 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb

So Nein, Danke...
It will just be usual change requirements I guess, and as you explained, it could be much higher if historical fares cannot be used.

That's why it is wiser to settle on a date when you are pretty sure you can fly France to ZRH/MUC/FRA/VIE,stopover and then the rest later (even if just 25 hours later). That costs around 70 EUR extra in case of ZRH stopover but then you can change most of the trip once for free. If there is no stopover after the first flight, you enter married segment consideration and that can be hell to change: even if you don't want to change your CDG FRA and just want to change FRA HKG into FRA SIN or add a stopover in FRA, since the original CDG FRA P availability is linked to the following flight, LH will certainly insist that both flight reservations need to be cancelled, and if there is no P available on your CDG FRA anymore, they will ask you to upgrade at current fare levels since they will force you to change the first segment you don't want to change. And like many others, I would not trust LH's customer friendliness.

Actually, I am wondering if the smartest thing is not to book CDG FRA (stopover) XXX in P flex round trip, with CDG FRA before 30JUN, keep CDG FRA, and add the other segments later while paying the fare difference using historical fares. There might be considerations than a European ticket cannot be changed into an intercontinental ticket though but I fail to see any justification for that.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:37 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
I

Actually, I am wondering if the smartest thing is not to book CDG FRA (stopover) XXX in P flex round trip, with CDG FRA before 30JUN, keep CDG FRA, and add the other segments later while paying the fare difference using historical fares.

This I don't understand?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Great fare, but no thank. I'm not flying in the first half
Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:35 pm

So Nein, Danke...
Exactly. This is the only reason I wish i really want to book this but decided not to!
Maybe if they need more cash they would have more sales or price drop? We never know.
But fare difference is definitive is you need to change plan and they need more cash flow.
So book this with much caution. Travel insurance do not cover for pandemic too.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by Granite64
This I don't understand?
It's not an easy one indeed. If you buy a P fare CDG BCN, it costs 55 EUR + tax per direction for the basic CDG FRA BCN. It costs 50 EUR extra per direction to get it as fully flexible (free changes and refunds). Add another 100 EUR for a stopover in Germany on the outbound.
Then for 310 EUR + taxes, you have your flexible P fare that you buy today for a departure before 30JUN, and you put the FRA BCN FRA CDG segments close to 3 months after departure. As long as you don't touch the CDG FRA in P class, you can later change for free the other flights to something that you want to fly using today's historical fares (the 522 EUR + taxes fares to many places around the work) by paying the fare and tax difference (312 EUR here to account for the FRA stopover). So you don't need to decide right now where you want to go.

This allows you to decide even at the last minute when you are in Frankfurt where you want to go same day, as long as P class is available (depending on coronavirus or other factors). At also allows you to cancel the ticket and get a full refund as long as you have not flown CDG FRA yet, and that you have not changed your ticket to something non refundable.

However, there is a risk LH comes up with some obscure rule that European tickets can only be rerouted within Europe, or whatever other crazy stupid rule that you have of course agreed with when buying the ticket and that was obviously never ever disclosed to you before buying such ticket.
Granite64 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 7:54 am

It looks like new fares have been loaded, the CDG AKL fare that used to be 522 EUR is now 1425 EUR. Now at 2000 EUR+ in P class, i wouldn't jump on it if not based in France. SQ fares from ARN provide much better quality and value at an even lower price.
newflyer530 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
It's not an easy one indeed. If you buy a P fare CDG BCN, it costs 55 EUR + tax per direction for the basic CDG FRA BCN. It costs 50 EUR extra per direction to get it as fully flexible (free changes and refunds). Add another 100 EUR for a stopover in Germany on the outbound.
Then for 310 EUR + taxes, you have your flexible P fare that you buy today for a departure before 30JUN, and you put the FRA BCN FRA CDG segments close to 3 months after departure. As long as you don't touch the CDG FRA in P class, you can later change for free the other flights to something that you want to fly using today's historical fares (the 522 EUR + taxes fares to many places around the work) by paying the fare and tax difference (312 EUR here to account for the FRA stopover). So you don't need to decide right now where you want to go.

This allows you to decide even at the last minute when you are in Frankfurt where you want to go same day, as long as P class is available (depending on coronavirus or other factors). At also allows you to cancel the ticket and get a full refund as long as you have not flown CDG FRA yet, and that you have not changed your ticket to something non refundable.

However, there is a risk LH comes up with some obscure rule that European tickets can only be rerouted within Europe, or whatever other crazy stupid rule that you have of course agreed with when buying the ticket and that was obviously never ever disclosed to you before buying such ticket.
I do not recommend this approach as the risk is relatively high. LH Group has deliberately blocked many lower fare classes (P, K, L T, etc.) months out into the 2nd half of the year. It will be extremely difficult to find P availability in advance when time comes to ticket changes, let alone on day of departure. LH Group is obviously trying to capitalize on a public health crisis just so they can charge fare difference when people are desperately trying to move their travel dates to later in the year. For this very reason, I personally refuse to provide LH Group with any interest-free loan...
palmanfr, a_man_usia and IstKong like this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
The sale is finished. LH Group removed all fares (all destinations one price) and refiled the 'correct' prices yesterday morning.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I don’t think this was a mistake. It was bookable way too long.
raporot and IstKong like this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:42 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Phew... kinda glad I didn't book. Every day I was searching for new routes, but knowing that I'd probably have to move the dates and spend 2-3x more in a fare difference, I'm glad it's over. For now...
newflyer530 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

And Australia just banned entry to non-citizens for (likely) 6 months.
Keter and raporot like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.