Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): *A: CDG-BNE 1050eur rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): *A: CDG-BNE 1050eur rt

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2020, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Granite64
What kind of itinerary do you have, like what airlines and booking classes?
CDG-ZRH-SIN LX P
SIN-SYD-SIN SQ D
SIN-MUC-CDG LH P ( couldn't change the booking class unfortunately)
Old Jun 2, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by QFBoy
CDG-ZRH-SIN LX P
SIN-SYD-SIN SQ D
SIN-MUC-CDG LH P ( couldn't change the booking class unfortunately)
Going from SQ J to LH J, praying for you
QFBoy, mlqsko and Deckter like this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 12:30 am

I'm curious as to the type of cancellation email you guys have received? I've not received any e-mail from LX, but have an email from Expedia.fr that Google roughly translates to the following:

We are sending you this e-mail to notify you that the flight corresponding to travel number ############# has been canceled by your airline. Due to lack of availability on the site, we did not find other similar flight options to offer you for a new reservation. In accordance with your airline's cancellation policy, you will receive either a refund or a credit from the airline. You will soon be notified by email. Important: your trip page may not yet reflect the latest update of this information. For the most recent version of your trip, please consult your airline's website.While the final decision regarding your eligibility for a refund is with the airline, please be aware that we will do our best to try to obtain a refund on your behalf. We will get back to you via email when we know more about your eligibility.

Please note that if this flight is part of a formula reservation, this cancellation only applies to the reservation of the flight and not to the other elements of your formula.
Judging by the way it is written, are they actually seeking a refund on my behalf automatically?

I was planning on waiting til a later time to call LX as I'm planning to rebook into Jul/Aug 2021, but I'm worried if I don't do something to my ticket now (e.g. calling LX to rebook so they take over the ticket), my itinerary would be refunded.

Anybody has any idea if the free rebooking is only limited to a 1 time change? I couldn't find it in the policy, although a one time change was explicitly stated for voluntary changes.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by mfwcx
I'm curious as to the type of cancellation email you guys have received? I've not received any e-mail from LX, but have an email from Expedia.fr that Google roughly translates to the following:

Judging by the way it is written, are they actually seeking a refund on my behalf automatically?

I was planning on waiting til a later time to call LX as I'm planning to rebook into Jul/Aug 2021, but I'm worried if I don't do something to my ticket now (e.g. calling LX to rebook so they take over the ticket), my itinerary would be refunded.

Anybody has any idea if the free rebooking is only limited to a 1 time change? I couldn't find it in the policy, although a one time change was explicitly stated for voluntary changes.

I didn't get any email either, this might have to do with the fact that my email client is filtering mail from Expedia; however I also didn't receive any email from Swiss.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Silver; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
My friend is having hard time talking to Priceline agents who insist on repricing. However, we are not yet clear why (incorrect policy applied: goodwill vs INVOL or availability of the originally ticketed class), strange refund is not option. Well we all know the issues with OTAs..
Today I got a 2nd call from Priceline from an agent telling me some flights were cancelled and they talked to airline which did not provide any alternatives so the airline confirmed the only option is a refund. I don't have time to talk to PL or Swiss now but I asked them to put everything on hold.
Hopefully when my turn comes to talk it will not be that challenging...
Old Jun 3, 2020, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Keter
My friend is having hard time talking to Priceline agents who insist on repricing. However, we are not yet clear why (incorrect policy applied: goodwill vs INVOL or availability of the originally ticketed class), strange refund is not option. Well we all know the issues with OTAs..
Today I got a 2nd call from Priceline from an agent telling me some flights were cancelled and they talked to airline which did not provide any alternatives so the airline confirmed the only option is a refund. I don't have time to talk to PL or Swiss now but I asked them to put everything on hold.
Hopefully when my turn comes to talk it will not be that challenging...
It doesn't make any sense for the airline to initiate a refund, I mean.. cash is king at the moment! Anyway, I was surprised how willing the Expedia France agents were to change my booking (even though I didn't pull the trigger yet).
Old Jun 3, 2020, 9:55 pm

Called LX directly regarding my booking that was ticketed on Expedia.fr. The agent was really nice and confirmed that I could be rebooked into 2021 without extra fees as long as the same booking class is available, he also offered to make the change on the spot if I had my dates ready. They are only able to book up to 1 year in advance due to system limitations, meaning to say if I made the change today (4th June 2020), I can only rebook to latest 3rd June 2021, any further I'll have to call back at a later time. I might call in soon to open-date my tickets before Expedia tries to initiate refunds of some sort and invalidate my itinerary.
Keter, Granite64 and Granite64 like this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 2:18 pm

Called LX's office in Amsterdam today, gave them the flight numbers and dates and they wanted an additional 1500 euro's...
So I called LX again (Zurich number) and got connected to a rep in Cape Town and that turned out to be an excellent experience.
Gave him the flights numbers and dates and even requested to be booked in I class for the CX segments, no problem at all.

Right now I have the following itinerary with a stopover in Shanghai:

NCE-ZRH-PVG on LX P class
PVG-HKG-AKL on CX I class
AKL-NRT on NZ J class
NRT-ZRH-CDG on LX P class

The only problem I have right now is that can't select my seats for the LX flights yet, however it is possible to select my seats for the CX segments - is that normal?
nldogbert and andigoeskiwi like this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 3:04 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Called LX's office in Amsterdam today, gave them the flight numbers and dates and they wanted an additional 1500 euro's...
So I called LX again (Zurich number) and got connected to a rep in Cape Town and that turned out to be an excellent experience.
Gave him the flights numbers and dates and even requested to be booked in I class for the CX segments, no problem at all.

Right now I have the following itinerary with a stopover in Shanghai:

NCE-ZRH-PVG on LX P class
PVG-HKG-AKL on CX I class
AKL-NRT on NZ J class
NRT-ZRH-CDG on LX P class

The only problem I have right now is that can't select my seats for the LX flights yet, however it is possible to select my seats for the CX segments - is that normal?
I have to in the coming days rebook my flights - good to learn about the call center to call.
Curious on the routing - was this your original routing or they also let you change the routing, am especially interested in the routing via NRT. Did you also add the stopover or this was already in your original booking?

Cheers!
Old Jun 5, 2020, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert
I have to in the coming days rebook my flights - good to learn about the call center to call.
Curious on the routing - was this your original routing or they also let you change the routing, am especially interested in the routing via NRT. Did you also add the stopover or this was already in your original booking?

Cheers!
I already had a stopover in Shanghai on the original routing which was NCE-ZRH-PVG *stopover* PVG-AKL ; AKL-PVG (on NZ) and then PVG-VIE-CDG on OS.

On the new itinerary I have the same stopover in Shanghai but no stopover at NRT, just a transfer, I assume you want to add a stopover on your new itinerary?
Old Jun 6, 2020, 1:12 am

I already had a stopover in Shanghai on the original routing which was NCE-ZRH-PVG *stopover* PVG-AKL ; AKL-PVG (on NZ) and then PVG-VIE-CDG on OS.

On the new itinerary I have the same stopover in Shanghai but no stopover at NRT, just a transfer, I assume you want to add a stopover on your new itinerary?
Yes if possible I would like to add a stopover and would not mind rerouting via NRT (currently it is via SIN). Even if it is a < 24 hour stopover this would be good.

Cheers!
Old Jun 6, 2020, 4:16 am

Yes if possible I would like to add a stopover and would not mind rerouting via NRT (currently it is via SIN). Even if it is a < 24 hour stopover this would be good.

Cheers!
Just call Expedia and LX. I'm pretty sure the Expedia rep told me it was possible to change the stopover city, however I already had a stopover on my original booking.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by mfwcx
Called LX directly regarding my booking that was ticketed on Expedia.fr. The agent was really nice and confirmed that I could be rebooked into 2021 without extra fees as long as the same booking class is available, he also offered to make the change on the spot if I had my dates ready. They are only able to book up to 1 year in advance due to system limitations, meaning to say if I made the change today (4th June 2020), I can only rebook to latest 3rd June 2021, any further I'll have to call back at a later time. I might call in soon to open-date my tickets before Expedia tries to initiate refunds of some sort and invalidate my itinerary.
Did you do this? Which line did you call?
I called today the NL number, got directly a Dutch speaking agent, with no option of other languages (not sure which call centre - as the agent spoke Flemish). Anyway explained I wanted it to go to dates beyond current system limitation, but can I book first to some dates in 2021 available now. Was told what they could do was cancel current flights and leave the ticket open, which I did not feel comfortable with.
Said I will call back later (trip only end of this month) - was told that I should call the travel agent instead of Swiss, mentioned that this is not current policy, but was told no. I ended the conversation and said I'll call back later.

Might try later this afternoon in the hope to get a better agent or might just call the US number to get a better agent.

Cheers!
Old Jun 14, 2020, 7:29 am

Checked my itinerary on the Swiss website yesterday and all of my Swiss segments were 'removed' the NZ and CX segments were still active, this was my new itinerary that was changed last week because of an invol cancellation.
Then I called LX and the rep (Cape Town) told me some weird story that they couldn't 'confirm' my ticket because I changed the duration of my stopovers.. ?? And if I wanted to change the duration of my stopovers there was going to be a reprice..

Then I did a HUCA and got connected to the Cape Town call center but a different rep (with the thickest SA accent i've ever heard), explained her the situation and she reinstated my previous itinerary and seat assignments. She then told me that tickets that get changed due to invol cancellations get reconfirmed in batches and that it would take a bit longer for my tickets to get confirmed because i'm flying in January of the next year..
Old Jun 14, 2020, 11:05 pm

Did you do this? Which line did you call?
I called today the NL number, got directly a Dutch speaking agent, with no option of other languages (not sure which call centre - as the agent spoke Flemish). Anyway explained I wanted it to go to dates beyond current system limitation, but can I book first to some dates in 2021 available now. Was told what they could do was cancel current flights and leave the ticket open, which I did not feel comfortable with.
Said I will call back later (trip only end of this month) - was told that I should call the travel agent instead of Swiss, mentioned that this is not current policy, but was told no. I ended the conversation and said I'll call back later.

Might try later this afternoon in the hope to get a better agent or might just call the US number to get a better agent.

Cheers!
Feels like the European offices are more hard-up on certain "rules"? I dialed the office in Malaysia, perhaps you should try calling in to their Asia offices. I was trying to change the dates to July 2021 so I haven't done anything to my ticket, since it wasn't available in their system yet. By the way, you won't be able to book some segments where dates are available first, and then the rest later, all the dates must be available for booking at the time of the call (I tried the same with my agent).

Right now I'm trying to figure out if I should:
1) reschedule to latest June 2021, which I can do now and be done with this, or
2) to take the bet and open-date first, and calling in again during July/Aug 2020 to reschedule my flights to July 2021, my only concern is that the terms would change during this period

I'm leaning towards 2), given that you could only reschedule once, and if they backed out on their current policies in the future, I'd have substantial grounds to fight back. I wasn't comfortable with open-dating the ticket, but I had an event scheduled for July'21 in Europe, and it doesn't make sense for me to go back and forth Europe-Asia-Oceania in June'21 and then again in July'21.

Also, I think once you get them to open-date your ticket for you, wouldn't that mean that they effectively took over your ticket? If that is true, then future changes should made directly with LX. (Not sure if someone can verify this?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.