Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): *A: CDG-BNE 1050eur rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): *A: CDG-BNE 1050eur rt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2020, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by zimne
Ticket is issued by Austrian. Tried calling Austrian many times now every single agent I spoke to refused to help and said I had to contact Amex Travel to get the new flights booked.
Amex Travel is saying the new itinerary has to be repriced according to Lufthansa trade support.

What are people's experience like with Austrian issued tickets?
Gave up in the end as running in circles between Austrian and Amex Travel. Not worth the wasted time anymore. Lodged a customer complaint with Amex Travel and offered 20K Membership Rewards points to close the case, so did not end up with nothing I guess.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 4:49 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Got this email today:

We regret to inform you that your flight with Lufthansa Group has been canceled due to the impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Following the cancellation of your flights, the airline offers you the following options:

Option 1:
Postpone the date of your trip until December 31, 2021 (at the same rate subject to availability, or by paying the rate difference).

Option 2:
Reimbursement of your flights.

Sucks that I can't move the flights into 2022..
Old Nov 18, 2020, 5:39 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Granite64
Got this email today:

We regret to inform you that your flight with Lufthansa Group has been canceled due to the impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Following the cancellation of your flights, the airline offers you the following options:

Option 1:
Postpone the date of your trip until December 31, 2021 (at the same rate subject to availability, or by paying the rate difference).

Option 2:

That does suck as with Australia who know 2021 might even be questionable when it comes to mass tourism.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 8:23 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
Got this email today:

Option 1:

Option 2:

Isn´t there this option to leave the date open like other airlines offer? Then one could wait for further development of the situation and maybe really use the Q4 2021 for travelling to Oz when borders open up for international tourists.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 11:28 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by andigoeskiwi
Isn´t there this option to leave the date open like other airlines offer? Then one could wait for further development of the situation and maybe really use the Q4 2021 for travelling to Oz when borders open up for international tourists.
Yes, at least it worked that way for me (lx ticketed, on another fare). Flight got canceled in April. Didn't answer to any mail and waited June to reschedule my flights for april 2021.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 3:21 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Anyone already rebooked their flights to sometime this year? Just read in one of the blogs that Australia might not even be opened to tourist anytime this year. My understanding booking is only until end of 2021.
I had initially planning to move it to July, but this seems futile in current situation.

Cheers!
Old Jan 19, 2021, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Anyone already rebooked their flights to sometime this year? Just read in one of the blogs that Australia might not even be opened to tourist anytime this year. My understanding booking is only until end of 2021.
I had initially planning to move it to July, but this seems futile in current situation.

Cheers!
I'm in the process of rebooking but it's a pain in the .....
Old Jan 20, 2021, 4:17 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
What is your understanding of the rebooking game rules?

I understand i need to call to rebook my ticket (to Australia) before end of January 2021 (just 10 days left!!!), new travel can start on/ before 31 December 2021 (as I posted in LH thread Swiss Moscow told me they are not aware yet of the rebooking deadline extension till 31 March).

My concern is that currently Australia is closed and if i make a booking now I kind of agree that I may not be able to travel as booked and it will not be the airline problem anymore.
For example, let's say I rebook to September 2021 and Australia either not reopens for foreigners until then or reopens but keeps the quarantine requirement (lets say down from 14 to 10 day). In such or similar circumstances my tourist trip would not make sense. At the same time the situation will unlikely be worse than it is now so there are no more grounds to ask for another ticket change waiver to change my tickeet again.

Will it be a voluntary change then if my September trip makes no practical sense (ie with change fees applied and with new ticket repriced under the current fares)?
nldogbert and Granite64 like this.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 4:35 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Keter

I understand i need to call to rebook my ticket (to Australia) before end of January 2021 (just 10 days left!!!), new travel can start on/ before 31 December 2021 (as I posted in LH thread Swiss Moscow told me they are not aware yet of the rebooking deadline extension till 31 March).
This is interesting, I did not know that there was a deadline - I did not remember being told about this when i called to park the tickets. I remember i was just told to call back anytime in 2021 to rebook it. Can anyone confirm what the rules are?

Cheers!
Old Jan 20, 2021, 4:48 am

It is all on Covid related pages. For Swiss is is here

The below is for a cancelled flight scenario (no free class to class rebooking in other cases?).

For tickets booked up to and including 15 May 2020 the following applies:

Your flight has been cancelled

If your flight has been cancelled, you have the following options:
  1. You can rebook free of charge to an alternative flight to the same destination and within the same travel class.
  2. Your ticket will remain valid and you can use it towards a future flight. Latest start of travel is 31 December 2021. If you would like to choose this option, please get in touch with us, latest by 31 January 2021. You can also change your destination and your travel class. Please note, that in these cases, an additional payment might be necessary, e.g. if you change to a higher travel class or if you rebook from a short-haul to a long-haul flight.
I understand this means the flight has to be actaually rebooked before 31 January (and this the kind of understanding i had from my call with LX Moscow office too).
Old Jan 20, 2021, 4:52 am

And this what we have on LH web

It is clear on LH that the rebooking has to be made by 31 January (wait is it 31 March already? not anything LX is aware of yet...).

Your flight is cancelled, you have the following options:
  1. you can rebook preferably until 31.03.2021 free of charge on an alternative flight to the same destination and in the same class of carriage.
  2. you can also change the class of carriage or the departure and destination airports if you wish*. In general, your ticket will retain its value and you can use it for a new trip with travel start date until 31.12.2021 at a later date. If the rebooked fare is more expensive due to a change in, for example, destination (e.g. rebooking from short-haul to long-haul), change of travel class or similar, an additional payment may be required. To use this option, please contact us no later than 31.01.2021, to book your new trip.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 5:14 am

And this what we have on LH web

It is clear on LH that the rebooking has to be made by 31 January (wait is it 31 March already? not anything LX is aware of yet...).
Correct, that is was Swiss and Expedia also stated. I managed to rebook mine for November of this year even though I know most countries won't be open by that time, but maybe with the vaccination which I will get pretty soon...

Anyway, Expedia was extremely generous , like really really really generous. Not a single P class segment left on my itinerary..
Old Jan 20, 2021, 5:42 am

My concern is that currently Australia is closed and if i make a booking now I kind of agree that I may not be able to travel as booked and it will not be the airline problem anymore.
For example, let's say I rebook to September 2021 and Australia either not reopens for foreigners until then or reopens but keeps the quarantine requirement (lets say down from 14 to 10 day). In such or similar circumstances my tourist trip would not make sense. At the same time the situation will unlikely be worse than it is now so there are no more grounds to ask for another ticket change waiver to change my tickeet again.

Will it be a voluntary change then if my September trip makes no practical sense (ie with change fees applied and with new ticket repriced under the current fares)?

Well, if you can't enter the country the airline can not let you board the plane.. but then again they set the deadline so you are forced to rebook (or take a refund) before the end of January and the new travel has to start on/before December 31...
Old Jan 20, 2021, 11:30 pm

Well, if you can't enter the country the airline can not let you board the plane..
It dos not matter, what matters is who is responsible for this and if I rebook knowing that I cannot board then it seems to be my responsibility.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 3:23 am

Does the current Australia closure for foreigners have an end date? If (luckily yes) then the extension will qualify as a reason for further involuntary rebooking, and if not (which I think it is) then it's really 'my fault' scenario.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.