Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): *A: CDG-BNE 1050eur rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): *A: CDG-BNE 1050eur rt

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2021, 11:42 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Another update - called up again and this time, found an agent that will change without repricing (previously they insisted even before 31st Dec, they need to check the fare difference), but outbound needs to be this year before 31st Dec. However, the catch is
- all flights needs to be LH Group flight number (incld non-LH group operated flights)
Based on this catch, it is close to impossible to rebook as I have checked and it seems that the LH group has removed all their codeshare from their usual partners to Australia

This whole rebooking is really driving me crazy with all these impossible rules since Australia is still closed.

Cheers!
Old May 27, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi all,
Quite some horrible experience today - called a few time to try to connect to different Swiss agents - in both English , French and Dutch speaking lines and one conclusion that is coming from all of them is
- they cannot take over the ticket because it belongs to Expedia
- a few agents continued with the date change - but came back with a fare differences of 2000+ Euro pp. The main reason for this is because of the last segment between SIN-BNE - my original ticket was using the VA flight number (operated by SQ) issued in D-class. However since I believe VA has removed all their international codes, there is not much option now but to use the SQ code (in D) or the LX code (in P). The Swiss agent informed that they cannot do anything more - either pay and they re-issue the ticket or call Expedia.

I did try with Expedia.fr - spoke to the agent - and I had the same quote, because again of the last segment - they called Swiss too - so given the same 2 options - cancel and get a refund or pay up the 2000+€ difference.

Just wondering now what to do now?
andigoeskiwi - was your last segment originally VA coded or are you flying via HK?

Cheers!

I had the exact same issues with Expedia, however they did 'transfer' control of the ticket back to Swiss.
Old May 27, 2021, 1:11 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
Yes; I had that, too. VA5664 from BNE to SIN
Old Jun 2, 2021, 1:26 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just to update: Finally lady luck smiling down on me for this ticket. Called Swiss today - and with the rebooking policy of Swiss on-hand (just the policy on the website), I found an agent that agreed the first policy of Swiss should apply to my booking. Made the changes free of charge (except had to pay 50€ for Swiss to take over the ticket from expedia) to May2022. I hope by that time Australia will be opened partially if not fully.

Only peeve was tried to get an earlier flight from CDG-ZRH, but not sure what system this agent uses, claims not possible - only possibility was with the combination with CX (and with this no LX code to BNE) - as I wanted to upgrade my flight to SIN to First. I just settled for what was in their system.

Cheers!
Granite64 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 5:46 am
Original Poster

May2025 might be feasible
PbodyPhoto likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Just to update: Finally lady luck smiling down on me for this ticket. Called Swiss today - and with the rebooking policy of Swiss on-hand (just the policy on the website), I found an agent that agreed the first policy of Swiss should apply to my booking. Made the changes free of charge (except had to pay 50€ for Swiss to take over the ticket from expedia) to May2022. I hope by that time Australia will be opened partially if not fully.

Only peeve was tried to get an earlier flight from CDG-ZRH, but not sure what system this agent uses, claims not possible - only possibility was with the combination with CX (and with this no LX code to BNE) - as I wanted to upgrade my flight to SIN to First. I just settled for what was in their system.

Cheers!
Very good news, but charging you 50 euro's is just ridiculous.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 4:17 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
I called Swiss Moscow today and got the following response:

There are 3 options:

1. Change to same route at no fare difference (we did not discuss booking classes but we all know how this works including by chance) - must be made before the ticket expiry date which is 1st departure date + 1 year (in my case 1st departure date was 30 June 2020 so this change must be requested on/ before 29 June 2021).
2. Use ticket value to book a new trip (no change fee but fare difference applies) - this must be requested before 31 August 2021.
3. Refund request - must be done within ticket validity (in my case on/ before 29 June 2021). Between 30 June 2021 and 31 August 2021 the only option left is to use ticket value as a credit to buy a new ticket.

Changes/ refunds must be made via the issuing agent (earlier another LX representative told me if the agent is unable to process the changes LX may do that).

Before the call i checked the current guidance on LH page and this finally seems to be very clear (for cancelled flights part) and is in line with the above:

. If possible, we will rebook you once free of charge to an alternative flight to the same destination and in the same travel class. The rebooking must be made within the period of ticket validity (usually one year from the original departure date). To do so, please contact our ​Service Center or your travel agency as soon as possible.
I guess I will have to request a refund, do not want to play a lottery where I am trapped to a ticket that I cannot fly...
Granite64 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 4:52 am

I did not have time to call Priceline for refund and I called LX Moscow today - they told me the refund can actually be submitted within 3 years (not sure if this is from the original departure date or the ticketing date though).

Priceline agent has to call LX to confirm the refund (and they were not open yet, so I would need to call later), however he advised that it is 39 months that a refund request can be submitted to Swiss and he provided me the below link:

https://www2.arccorp.com/refunds/
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Keter
I did not have time to call Priceline for refund and I called LX Moscow today - they told me the refund can actually be submitted within 3 years (not sure if this is from the original departure date or the ticketing date though).

Priceline agent has to call LX to confirm the refund (and they were not open yet, so I would need to call later), however he advised that it is 39 months that a refund request can be submitted to Swiss and he provided me the below link:

https://www2.arccorp.com/refunds/
I don't understand why that is relevant? I mean, you want your refund ASAP right?
Old Jun 30, 2021, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Granite64
I don't understand why that is relevant? I mean, you want your refund ASAP right?
The information from the previous LX agent (as posted here too) was that the last date for changes under INVOL basis AND the refund request is the original departure date + 1 year (after that the ticket is only good for changes under goodwill policy which means repricing to current fares) so I was kinda in a hurry. Luckily I have 2 more years now.
Granite64 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 7:25 am

And? Any updates? Any other people that rebooked or cancelled?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Keter
I guess I will have to request a refund, do not want to play a lottery where I am trapped to a ticket that I cannot fly...
I have requested a refund via Priceline which was confirmed or 'confirmed' (?) back in September.

I called LX directly to clarify the refund status a week ago and the agent told me the ticket was never submitted for refund.... Good thing that agent advised I can still change the ticket to same routing (via the agent only) until 15 March 2022 without any reprice...Interesting. And it seems that Australia is going to open finally.

Called Priceline and I got a suprisingly good knowldgeable agent who checked the details and advised that they sent a manual refund request to LX but she cannot see if they received any reply, i need to contact another department to clarify what exactly was the issue. I skipped that to save time.
mlqsko and Deckter like this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Reopening in 2 days!
Keter likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 2:44 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
Just got back from my trip to BNE (2+2 pax). In total everything went really well. The SQ777 ZRH-SIN was very comfy. Strange was the fact that Book the Cook with SQ worked only for the SIN-BNE leg. For the other SQ flights the selections could not be saved. For return the OLCI did not work at all. The agent at the counter needed also four tries to get us checked in. So I guess there must have been some bugs in our booking.
Nevertheless I am very happy that the flights could be pushed that far into 2022 and Swiss showed great help and effort with the rebookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.