Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AV CUR - MUC J ow €400; €710 r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: AV CUR - MUC J ow €400; €710 r/t

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2020, 2:17 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301056305.html

Lets see how that goes...
Old May 15, 2020, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
It all got a bit too riskier than I'm used to - the COVID-19 situation developing in South America and now the bankruptcy. I'll ask for a refund and sit this one out.
Old May 16, 2020, 2:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by B0gdan
It all got a bit too riskier than I'm used to - the COVID-19 situation developing in South America and now the bankruptcy. I'll ask for a refund and sit this one out.
Let us know how it went. I requested a refund about 2 weeks ago, just before original dates of my flights and was told voucher/rebooking only and to check back before end of June.
AUA-FRA still confirmed for November.
Old May 21, 2020, 7:42 pm

Let us know how it went. I requested a refund about 2 weeks ago, just before original dates of my flights and was told voucher/rebooking only and to check back before end of June.
AUA-FRA still confirmed for November.[/QUOTE]

My flight is in October so I was thinking about positioning...I´m flying from Iceland so JFK is my best option for that time but what next? Do you think waiting to catch something with miles is wise in this moment? Or just book some cheap economy...
Old May 24, 2020, 8:11 am

Yesterday I had chat directly with Avianca and was told that rebooking is not possible, have to request voucher first and then use its value towards new booking with fare difference payment applicable. They would only refund it under original ticket conditions ($200 cancellation fee).
I will have my bank.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 9:56 am

BOG-MUC cancelled 'till DEC now and CUR-BOG until NOV.. anyone had any luck changing origin and/or destination?
kjorobk likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Yeah I'm still waiting for a refund for 2 months now so there's that.
Where would you even go? I know for a fact Avianca only rebooks you on their own transatlantic flights.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 12:09 pm

I had a conversation about AUA-BOG-MUC in late October on their chat. Aplication says : Booking might be disrupted. We recommend changing your booking. But agent in sure that flights are confirmed and add : If your flights gets cancelled you can rebook it without fee only for the same destination and before 31 of October. As the AUA-BOG is still going on i will try to rebook MUC to LHR or MAD and then to Germany. I will let you know when i get cancelled.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 1:01 am

I have a AUA BOG MUC on 30 Oct, l can see the BOG MUC is not looking like it's going to operate.Has anyone moved to a date after 30 June 2021 ? Or managed a refund ?
Old Aug 4, 2020, 5:55 am

Ok. Finally cancelations. Not allowed to go to MAD or LHR and to Germany with another airline. No possible flights to Germany until the end of the year. Free rebooking only until 31.10.20. I was told that i can have a full refund. I decided to wait and try with another agent. So 3 days later my itinerary has dissapeared. There are only eticket numbers and information : If you like to use your voucher to select a new flight you can do it in Modify your itinerary. Nothing more. So i try again on chat and was told...to wait until September. Why? "At the moment we do not have flights because we don´t want to but per restrictions on each country.We will have some options starting from September since many goverments will end the quarantine period." This souns a litlle strange since my flight should be at the end of October. Since my Icelandair tickets are in the air i will wait and see.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 4:29 pm

Avianca was unable to say when BOG will reopen after I received notification my flight from BOG to London was cancelled for October. I initiated an online refund due to the flight cancellation rather than accept the suggested voucher .

With no action on the refund after a week i contacted Avianca by chat. The assistant said I just needed to wait for a refund. When I asked how long I should wait a timeframe of more than 90 days to infinity was the response.

I was obviously not satisfied by the "just wait" forever attitude of Avianca. I immediately started a chargeback claim. Avianca can deal with the credit card company.who have more clout than the customer to get refunds of money out of Avianca.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 4:49 am

Did anyone receive a refund yet?
Old Nov 30, 2020, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Yep or at least had one confirmed after 6-7 months of asking. But my credit card issuer beat them to do it by a few weeks.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 1:38 pm

Received first refund today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.