Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AV CUR - MUC J ow €400; €710 r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: AV CUR - MUC J ow €400; €710 r/t

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by B0gdan
I'm surprised this was offered as I just got off the phone with them after getting cut off (for the 3rd time) and they say it's company policy to only rebook on AV for longhaul. They were offering alternate routes through LON, BCN, MAD which don't really work.

We still didn't settle anything as I couldn't get them to budge to rebook on LH and I got frustrated after getting cut off. Any tips for this?

This calling is really a nightmare...5 times cut off and more than 90 minutes talking but i could change AUA-BOG for the previous day so i have 24 hours to visit the city...And it was possible to make a seat reservation
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Yes!! It seems to be their system (?). The agent told me they cannot hang up nor can they call you back. And it's all taking ooh sooo long.

Possibly the worst part is that the flights changed in such a way that instead of a 8h-ish layover, you now get a 17h layover in BOG. Curious if they provide accommodation in this case but doubt it.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 12:25 am
Original Poster

It took the a long time yesterday to get to the right agent and have them not hang up. Some learnings for anyone else that wants to attempt it:
- Not all agents are created equal. Some don't want to put you on a intra-EU LH flight, others won't mind.
- If you're on the call for 10-20 mins, changes are you'll get cut off. Ask them not to put you on hold while you wait.
- They might put you on a LH feeder flight in Y. Make sure to double check that before you approve it.
- Possible connections except MUC are MAD, BCN, LHR
- You can only move your flight 8 days earlier than your original one or 15 days after
- It can take up to an hour to resolve this with a competent agent
Old Dec 12, 2019, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by B0gdan

Possibly the worst part is that the flights changed in such a way that instead of a 8h-ish layover, you now get a 17h layover in BOG. Curious if they provide accommodation in this case but doubt it.
Dream on; not going to happen. Visit Bogota city center (Chapinero and Candelaria are actually quite nice areas) or find a room near the airport. Hotels rates are cheap in Bogota.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Dream on; not going to happen. Visit Bogota city center (Chapinero and Candelaria are actually quite nice areas) or find a room near the airport. Hotels rates are cheap in Bogota.
Any Hilton property that you recommend?
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by moppuskaft79
Any Hilton property that you recommend?
There is a Hilton Garden Inn right on El Dorado Avenue I believe also a nice Marriott that I prefer; dirt cheap
moppuskaft79 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Same here; I have a night now in Bogota.
as I fly only in August i'll check it later what options i have.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try Hotel Movich Buró 26 or the Courtyard Marriott hotel - no first hand experience but both are very close to the terminals on ave. El Dorado. You can probably walk there.

The Hilton properties (HGI and Hampton) are a bit further away on ave El Dorado - you would need a taxi to get there. Even further away but still on Ave El Dorado is a HI, Sheraton and Marriott. So plenty to choose from.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 5:01 pm

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, A3*G, AR Platino, BA Gold
Flew the trip yesterday/today. Worked out all good. CUR-BOG was a refurbished A320 with WiFi, super high speeds and free for J-Class pax

Hotel in BOG was the Courtyard at the airport, which is quite nice.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:43 pm

Programs: LH, A3, DL, UA, LAN
Also managed to snag a AUA-MUC return. Outbound booked for March.
I managed to book the J fully refundable/changeable fare and now would like to add a stopover in BOG, I have a 4 hour layover on the AUA-BOG-MUC flight.
My question: can I just rebook the BOG-MUC leg (given J availability) at a AV ticket desk once I get off the plane in BOG? Thinking of staying a week in Colombia.
I understand I can’t do this before having flown the first leg as this would trigger a repricing to the current fare, correct?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, any rebooking of the first segment will trigger repricing.

Upon arrival at BOG, clear immigration and approach the AV ticket counters landside for rebooking BOG-MUC leg. You may tell the check-in agent ay AUA that you will only fly to BOG (despite being booked onwards to MUC the same day) so you are not checked in for BOG - MUC; it may make the rebooking easier later on at BOG.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: LH, A3, DL, UA, LAN
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Yes, any rebooking of the first segment will trigger repricing.

Upon arrival at BOG, clear immigration and approach the AV ticket counters landside for rebooking BOG-MUC leg. You may tell the check-in agent ay AUA that you will only fly to BOG (despite being booked onwards to MUC the same day) so you are not checked in for BOG - MUC; it may make the rebooking easier later on at BOG.
That's the plan, J seems to be available whenever there is a seat on the plane in business so even for same day departures.
For pre-positioning I'm looking at flying Condor to Curacao but due to the uncertainty of the chapter 11 reorganization I'm still holding off.
Thanks for confirming :-)
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:45 pm

I have a AUA-BOG-MUC ticket, with a 5 day stopover in BOG. The BOG-MUC has has a big timetable change. Being London based, can l change to BOG-LHR then LHR-MUC a couple of weeks later ? Any advice or tips on this, would be welcome.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:09 am
Original Poster

It should work pretty well in my experience. One of the routes I was offered also because of a schedule change was BOG-LHR-MUC instead of BOG-MUC so do call and ask. Be prepared for a lot of frustration and to try different agents until you get what you need.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the issue will be if the agent will accept a (long) stop over in London, i.e. the agent will get the sense that the OP is trying to change the ticket into a LHR tickets. But give it a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.