Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:24 am

I'm not sure about Sauron(kidding) but if my reservation was not removed from both mh and ek, I'd still turn up at the airport to demand for my flight. I know some people have to reposition to kl to catch the flight, that's why they are nervous and called the airlines but I happen to be at kl next month
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:04 am

Wow, MH is just a waste of time. MH giving Orbitz the run around and having me on hold for 1 1/2 hours. Orbitz got bounced around to 3 different agents with only that the reservation was suspended and to email MH. The initial excuse was it was cancelled due to a duplicate booking. Now I wait for 4-5 days for a response. Card has been charged and it has been ticketed, but suspended. Glad to have Orbitz fighting this one for me!
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by tkids
Wow, MH is just a waste of time. MH giving Orbitz the run around and having me on hold for 1 1/2 hours. Orbitz got bounced around to 3 different agents with only that the reservation was suspended and to email MH. The initial excuse was it was cancelled due to a duplicate booking. Now I wait for 4-5 days for a response. Card has been charged and it has been ticketed, but suspended. Glad to have Orbitz fighting this one for me!
That's the worst customer service that I ever saw, if MH wanna cancel tickets, they should probably inform us and Orbitz to issue a refund automatically. Just be PROFESSIONAL.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:16 pm

Called Expedia regarding a refund. Expedia contacted MH. Expedia said that MH had suspended the ticket but had not cancelled the ticket. MH were looking at reinstating the ticket but in the correct class...

Palmer

Last edited by Palmer; Jan 8, 2019 at 3:45 pm Reason: Not a typo. AUTOCORRECT
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Palmer
Called Expedia regarding a refund. Expedia contacted MH. Expedia said that MH had suspended the ticket but had not cancelled the ticket. MH we’re looking at reinstating the ticket but in the correct class...

Palmer
And the correct class is?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by jongesander
And the correct class is?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
I don't book many error fares but the ones I booked in the past were always honored so this situation is new to me. If they change this to economy or business can I just contact the OTA I booked with (Orbitz) and ask a refund or is the process much more difficult?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
I have no doubt this deal was partly killed and cancelled due to SO MANY people calling EK and MH demanding to know their booking references. How has no one learnt that the best way is to ride out a mistake fare is to keep quiet and stay under the radar.

I also agree that MAS's handling of the affair has been pretty terrible - it seems like people who are willing to wait and see do have a case with the Malaysian version of DOT - so I'd be curious to see. I already have another Qatar flight booked as replacement in case this didn't go through - so I have nothing to lose
bosskh, ft543 and kjorobk like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: *G / OWS / STE+
Originally Posted by Palmer
Called Expedia regarding a refund. Expedia contacted MH. Expedia said that MH had suspended the ticket but had not cancelled the ticket. MH we’re looking at reinstating the ticket but in the correct class...

Palmer
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
I don't book many error fares but the ones I booked in the past were always honored so this situation is new to me. If they change this to economy or business can I just contact the OTA I booked with (Orbitz) and ask a refund or is the process much more difficult?
it’s crystal clear to me this at least would be contrary to the MAVCOM prohibition on post-purchase price increases. To cancel the ticket is one thing (and arguably still a post-purchase price increase), to insist it is reinstated in a lesser class is for sure another (and as illustrated by the examples on the MAVCOM website is a post-purchase price increase for all intents and purposes).

Originally Posted by jubbing
I have no doubt this deal was partly killed and cancelled due to SO MANY people calling EK and MH demanding to know their booking references. How has no one learnt that the best way is to ride out a mistake fare is to keep quiet and stay under the radar.

I also agree that MAS's handling of the affair has been pretty terrible - it seems like people who are willing to wait and see do have a case with the Malaysian version of DOT - so I'd be curious to see. I already have another Qatar flight booked as replacement in case this didn't go through - so I have nothing to lose
i do think action lies against MH with MAVCOM. however I’m booked to fly over Lunar New Year and need to make alternative plans as soon as possible . . .

I have asked for details of MH formal complaints procedure (according to MAVCOM it should be on the e-ticket receipt but it isn’t) to get the ball rolling

Last edited by bosskh; Jan 8, 2019 at 3:44 pm
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: NZ
Update: I contacted Orbitz about a refund. They contacted MH who asked for an email request, which Orbitz has done. We await MH's response.

It is interesting that MH are consistently using the word "suspended" in the case of the EK flights, but that could just be MHspeak for "cancelled". Maybe they think it sounds better!
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Malaysia Airlines being dishonest and unprofessional? Say it ain't so.

That airline is a complete waste of time and only responds properly when you file a complaint with MAVCOM which is what I urge people to do.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:04 pm

And there you go. Full refund announced via MA Twitter. It was fun.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
edit.

Last edited by Kilian Zoll; Jan 9, 2019 at 1:14 am
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by bosskh
I have asked for details of MH formal complaints procedure (according to MAVCOM it should be on the e-ticket receipt but it isn’t) to get the ball rolling
Can you please let me know these details when you get them as MAVCOM first expect you to address the complaint to MH.

Won't make much difference to me as I was due to travel on Monday, but as a matter of principle I would like to do it. If you have bookings further out then I would definitely recommend this approach as the MAVCOM rules are quite clear that MH cannot impose a price increase after payment has been made and the ticket issued.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Mine was cancelled too. For the refund process, do I need to contact Orbitz, or MH will authorise Orbitz to refund me automatically?
any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.