Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Deal Gone] UA: CDG-WLG for 260EUR ai <2cpm

[Deal Gone] UA: CDG-WLG for 260EUR ai <2cpm

Old Oct 16, 18, 10:26 pm
  #166  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MEL CHC
Posts: 14,095
[off topic]

Originally Posted by volazz View Post
Hi all, any suggestion to where is best to credit miles for this trip (mine is due in February)?
What is your personal criteria for best? [unlikely to be the same as mine or other people]
1 trip is not a good basis to select a fpp
What ffp's are you a member of now?
Where is home?

General- Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!

Be mindful of expiry Miles/Points that Do and Don't Expire. Click to open the wiki.

[on topic]
glennhaak likes this.
Mwenenzi is offline  
Old Oct 17, 18, 3:38 am
  #167  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 12
Ok you are right, I will explain my question a little bit better, also trying to be on topic. In the first post I read "If it is indeed fare class K, these fares should yield about 14000 miles in most frequent flyer programs -> cpm should be below 2." I am not a StarAlliance expert at all so, as some very cheap fares credit zero, I'd like to avoid a waste of 14k miles. My only past experience with SA was a TK Gold card coming from a status match from SkyTeam. I found really annoying the "analogic" system they use to get SA Awards so I would give some other SA card a try.
volazz is offline  
Old Oct 17, 18, 6:13 am
  #168  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Programs: BA Bronze, BD Blue :(, Le Club Accorhotels Silver, AF/NH Pleb
Posts: 1,443
Also worth noting that if you're an Avios collector, you can credit the United Sectors to Aer Lingus at 0.5x miles (12.5k Avios).
volazz likes this.
sigma421 is offline  
Old Oct 17, 18, 6:14 am
  #169  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Programs: BA Bronze, BD Blue :(, Le Club Accorhotels Silver, AF/NH Pleb
Posts: 1,443
Originally Posted by HommeCrabe View Post
Thanks again sigma421, I didn't know all of this!

I've called ANZ. After 20 minutes waiting, I got someone. I simply explained that I had booked a trip to New Zealand operated by United Airlines and Air New Zealand, that United recently changed the route of the return trip, and that they told me that tickets need to be reissued and to contact you. 10 minutes later, I received an e-mail with the new tickets No question about the error fare or Tripsta!

I'd like to thanks all the people involved in this thread, if I hadn't found it on Google, I would still be wandering about what I should do!
No worries! Do report back once you've taken the trip
sigma421 is offline  
Old Oct 19, 18, 1:50 pm
  #170  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 75
Originally Posted by HommeCrabe View Post
Thanks again sigma421, I didn't know all of this!

I've called ANZ. After 20 minutes waiting, I got someone. I simply explained that I had booked a trip to New Zealand operated by United Airlines and Air New Zealand, that United recently changed the route of the return trip, and that they told me that tickets need to be reissued and to contact you. 10 minutes later, I received an e-mail with the new tickets No question about the error fare or Tripsta!

I'd like to thanks all the people involved in this thread, if I hadn't found it on Google, I would still be wandering about what I should do!
Hi, I got the ticket reissued by ANZ as well but the email with new tickets they sent me wasn't showing all the flights. Is it the same for you?
mylabel is offline  
Old Oct 19, 18, 1:54 pm
  #171  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Lyon, France
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by mylabel View Post
Hi, I got the ticket reissued by ANZ as well but the email with new tickets they sent me wasn't showing all the flights. Is it the same for you?
At first the lady on the phone sent a ticket without the Paris - San Francisco flight, but immediately after she realized her mistake and resent another ticket with all the flights included. You should contact them again.
HommeCrabe is offline  
Old Oct 20, 18, 2:46 pm
  #172  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 75
Originally Posted by HommeCrabe View Post
At first the lady on the phone sent a ticket without the Paris - San Francisco flight, but immediately after she realized her mistake and resent another ticket with all the flights included. You should contact them again.
thanks! Got my ticket reissued again and UA site and ANZ etickets show no error now.

The agent was so helpful and even tried to re-route me via Singapore on the way back so I donít have the domestic transfer in the US
mylabel is offline  
Old Nov 10, 18, 6:24 pm
  #173  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: CDG, ORY
Posts: 83
Hey, just to tell you that I arrived 10 Nov in Wellington--> everything was ok just long long way to arrive cdg-sfo-akl-wlg.

good luck for others
high.and.above likes this.
karlot_96 is offline  
Old Nov 12, 18, 4:33 am
  #174  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Programs: BA Bronze, BD Blue :(, Le Club Accorhotels Silver, AF/NH Pleb
Posts: 1,443
Originally Posted by karlot_96 View Post
Hey, just to tell you that I arrived 10 Nov in Wellington--> everything was ok just long long way to arrive cdg-sfo-akl-wlg.

good luck for others
Thanks for the update - been waiting to hear that from someone!

Have a fab time
sigma421 is offline  
Old Nov 12, 18, 11:32 pm
  #175  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: CDG, ORY
Posts: 83
Originally Posted by sigma421 View Post
Thanks for the update - been waiting to hear that from someone!

Have a fab time
hahaha good for you.
now in Wanaka. Such a ....ing stunning and hot day like a summer day 💪💪
karlot_96 is offline  
Old Nov 15, 18, 3:54 am
  #176  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Lyon, France
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by karlot_96 View Post
Hey, just to tell you that I arrived 10 Nov in Wellington--> everything was ok just long long way to arrive cdg-sfo-akl-wlg.

good luck for others
Thanks for the good news! We leave in 4 days, really excited about it! I was wondering if you had enough time in Auckland airport to do the connection? We only have 2 hours between our arrival in Auckland and the departure time of our flight to Wellington. Did you have to get your baggage back and check-in again? How long is custom clearance? Thank you for your feedback
HommeCrabe is offline  
Old Nov 15, 18, 5:19 am
  #177  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Posts: 5,401
But why worry (too much) about misconnecting at AKL? You are on ticket and if you misconnect because incoming flight is late, NZ will take care of you and rebook you on the next WLG flight (I assume that there numerous flights a day). There is absolutely nothing to worry about. Moreover, 2 hours should be more than sufficient to clear immigration and proceed to the domestic flight (admittedly, I have never been to AKL or any experience with transitting there, so I'm not able to tell you if you have to collect bags and check-in again (I assume it though)).

Have a nice trip! (it is very long flights and in Y so just get them over with and enjoy your time in NZ).
SK AAR is offline  
Old Nov 15, 18, 4:47 pm
  #178  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MEL CHC
Posts: 14,095
Originally Posted by HommeCrabe View Post
Thanks for the good news! We leave in 4 days, really excited about it! I was wondering if you had enough time in Auckland airport to do the connection? We only have 2 hours between our arrival in Auckland and the departure time of our flight to Wellington. Did you have to get your baggage back and check-in again? How long is custom clearance? Thank you for your feedback
As post above, as all on 1 ticket it is all NZ's risk.
As AKL is your port of entry to NZ, you must clear immigration, customs & biosecurity with all your carry on & checked baggage. Be careful about bringing any food into NZ. Bring none or declare it.
After AKL immigration to the right for the NZ domestic bag drop area. Then the free bus or walk the line (10-12 minutes) over to the domestic terminal. Plenty of AKL WLG flights if incoming is late.

General information
LINKS for New Zealand
Airport info Auckland (AKL) - amenities, transfers, transport
Smartgate at Australia & NZ immigration
Mwenenzi is offline  
Old Nov 15, 18, 5:34 pm
  #179  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Lyon, France
Posts: 6
Thank both of you for your replies. I understand it could be trouble if the reservation was separated. Anyway, it's gonna be a looong flight!
HommeCrabe is offline  
Old Nov 15, 18, 5:47 pm
  #180  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MEL CHC
Posts: 14,095
Originally Posted by HommeCrabe View Post
..I understand it could be trouble if the reservation was separated. Anyway, it's gonna be a looong flight!
With separate tickets if the first is late and you no show the second you would need to buy a new ticket. The risk is all with you. Occasionally the second airlines agent may help you, but this is not guaranteed. With separate tickets a common recommendation is to have at least an extra hour between flights compared to if both fights on the same ticket/PNR.

It may be a long flight, but 100's fly it very day and live to the next days sunrise.

Enjoy Kiwiland !!!
HommeCrabe likes this.
Mwenenzi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread