Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Deal Gone] UA: CDG-WLG for 260EUR ai <2cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Deal Gone] UA: CDG-WLG for 260EUR ai <2cpm

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by schorschington
Only in the tripsta-mail with the original cdg-sfo-Routing. Maybe I can't find the booking because I couldn't confirm the new cdg-ewr-Routing on the united-page.
Have you tried looking at "Payment Information" -> "View Receipt" on your united.com trip detail page? This s where i found my ticket number
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by wurstpeter
Have you tried looking at "Payment Information" -> "View Receipt" on your united.com trip detail page? This s where i found my ticket number
I can see the new routing on this page, but there is no ticket-number. If I choose "send receipt to Mail-adress", I receive the old cdg-sfo-routing (which is impossible on Wednesdays) with the old ticket-number from the ttripsta-mail.

So the changed routing seems to be the problem. I hope it will work at CDG anyway.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:28 am

I'm having similar issues, not sure how to proceed! I have a booking for 28th November to 14th December was also rerouted CDG-EWR-SFO and have been patiently waiting for confirmation for what should be CDG-EWR-SFO-SYD-WLG-AKL-SFO-CDG.
The United app shows the new routing, as does the United website, but when I request a receipt, I get an eticket number but it shows the old routing. On the travelport website it shows the new routing but only some of the legs have the green 'confirmed' tick besides them. The legs without this tick are EWR-SFO, SYD-WLG, AKL-SFO, and SO-CDG.
I booked through flightfinder.de if that has any impact (and speak woefully little German so am struggling to navigate their website!)
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by arisser
I'm having similar issues, not sure how to proceed! I have a booking for 28th November to 14th December was also rerouted CDG-EWR-SFO and have been patiently waiting for confirmation for what should be CDG-EWR-SFO-SYD-WLG-AKL-SFO-CDG.
The United app shows the new routing, as does the United website, but when I request a receipt, I get an eticket number but it shows the old routing. On the travelport website it shows the new routing but only some of the legs have the green 'confirmed' tick besides them. The legs without this tick are EWR-SFO, SYD-WLG, AKL-SFO, and SO-CDG.
I booked through flightfinder.de if that has any impact (and speak woefully little German so am struggling to navigate their website!)
Go back to your original e-mailed confirmation. There will be a link to your flight details. Then send them a message via their web page (I'm sure it will be fine if you write in English). I did this on the French site and they got back to me very quickly (although I had to pay 15EUR for some BS "service package" before they would do anything.

If the English message doesn't work, pm me or post here and I'll write out a text in German for you.
arisser likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
I seem to be in a bit of a hole here. Booked through Tripsta, CDG-SFO flight has been cancelled. United has moved me onto a CDG-EWR-SFO flight. Tripsta appear to have disconnected the phone. United say it’s not in their gift to reissue it and ANZ can’t see the change. Am I essentially stuck?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 11:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sigma421
I seem to be in a bit of a hole here. Booked through Tripsta, CDG-SFO flight has been cancelled. United has moved me onto a CDG-EWR-SFO flight. Tripsta appear to have disconnected the phone. United say it’s not in their gift to reissue it and ANZ can’t see the change. Am I essentially stuck?
Difficult to say. I don't know what the latest situation with Tripsta is. Are you completely unable to contact them?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
Difficult to say. I don't know what the latest situation with Tripsta is. Are you completely unable to contact them?
yup. Phone line is dead and emails get an automated reply telling me to ring the airline.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:48 pm
Suspended

yup. Phone line is dead and emails get an automated reply telling me to ring the airline.
Have they gone bust?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
Have they gone bust?
It appears they effectively have (although the website claims they have only ‘temporarily suspended ticket issuing’). Received an email assuring me that everything is valid but neither UA or NZ will touch the booking at the moment. Not travelling for months so not unduly worried yet.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:46 am

It appears they effectively have (although the website claims they have only ‘temporarily suspended ticket issuing’). Received an email assuring me that everything is valid but neither UA or NZ will touch the booking at the moment. Not travelling for months so not unduly worried yet.
The United-Hotline told me that the CDG-staff could "work" with the new routing, even though United is unable to issue a new e-ticket. But I am not sure acutally, if the airport-staff at CDG is able to issue a boarding pass without the corresponding e-ticket. If it works, it will be also interesting which boarding-passes of the routing will be issued at CDG. If you don't receive all boarding passes for the whole routing, maybe there will be the risk to encounter the e-ticket-problem at the second checkin at EWR/SFO/AKL...
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:06 am

contact Tripsta and say them that my itinerary was changed and they will re issue ur ticket.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by karlot_96
contact Tripsta and say them that my itinerary was changed and they will re issue ur ticket.
That's the issue. I don't think Tripsta can do that anymore. Not had any luck speaking to anyone there (is there anyone left?)
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:31 am

That's the issue. I don't think Tripsta can do that anymore. Not had any luck speaking to anyone there (is there anyone left?)
why they cant do anything more ? you bought ur ticket via Tripsta and the company changed the itinerary so the OTA must contact u and see if u agree and then issue the ticket.

FYI, i changed mine and contacted tripsta and got the new Etix.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by karlot_96
why they cant do anything more ? you bought ur ticket via Tripsta and the company changed the itinerary so the OTA must contact u and see if u agree and then issue the ticket.

FYI, i changed mine and contacted tripsta and got the new Etix.
I guess before the bankrupcy (roughly before July)?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by schorschington
I guess before the bankrupcy (roughly before July)?
you speak about bankrupcy of what ? tripsta ?

yeah was before july.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.