Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2012 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Several threads in Budget Travel. Consensus seems to be to go to BUF to avoid int'l fares and higher taxes.

EmailKid
Have you read this whole thread??
Old Jan 8, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nanirina
Um, for the NYC-FRA route, not sure what I am doing wrong here, but for me I've tried the 13 miler and I still get 526 on the groom, on the groom and its pale friend. I was trying for dates April 1 to April 8th....
If you want to get the 486 price, you need to click all the way.

*edit - even cheaper if you pick the right dates / use another 3x

Last edited by ulzimates; Jan 8, 2012 at 12:33 pm
Old Jan 8, 2012, 1:36 pm

$325 is possibile for sure. I am pretty sure it is possible to get sub 300 but I can't price it now ;/
Old Jan 8, 2012, 2:02 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by giggy
I admit, I have not. I'm a latecomer, and have been keeping up for a few months as well as reading past posts.

But I do believe I know why you asked that question with regard to that particular post

EmailKid
Old Jan 8, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
the groom and its pale friend
Maybe I'm just stuck in the Bible belt, but every time someone says this, here is what I think of:
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I think it's the combo of groom (which connotes horses to me) and pale that does it. I propose we call this combo "Starpocalypse".

Originally Posted by giggy
Wow! I wish you would stop asking redundant questions that people refuse to answer!!
Old Jan 8, 2012, 2:43 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by janetdoe
Wow! I wish you would stop asking redundant questions that people refuse to answer!!
But I believe I did

I admit, I have not. I'm a latecomer, and have been keeping up for a few months as well as reading past posts
EmailKid
Old Jan 8, 2012, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Um, for the NYC-FRA route, not sure what I am doing wrong here, but for me I've tried the 13 miler and I still get 526 on the groom, on the groom and its pale friend. I was trying for dates April 1 to April 8th....
To try to use 1 "old and useless " dump and then give up is so amatourish. Study and learn and then book.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
Ye Olde Conversation Starter Trick

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
To try to use 1 "old and useless " dump and then give up is so amatourish. Study and learn and then book.
Hi + + 13 miler + any hints? Been a few dozen of these while you were in your fav spot.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA,UA
Originally Posted by crunchy
Why not credit to your CO account (and link to UA MP)? Looks like LH K still earns 100% with them.
http://www.continental.com/CMS/en-US...spx?ItemId=298
But with the luxurious carrier is that the case? They're not the operating carrier for all the legs. My booking site doesn't allow you to see the fare class so I'm not entirely sure. I've been looking though bc I see the sub 300, which I want to book. :-)
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
But I believe I did
Touché
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HH, CRC
Having a booking problem.. trying to book one.. anyone who can would be much appreciated.. dumping ST 100%..
please dont PM just asking for the strike..
Old Jan 8, 2012, 6:33 pm
jmw

Originally Posted by stevenryals
Having a booking problem.. trying to book one.. anyone who can would be much appreciated.. dumping ST 100%..
please dont PM just asking for the strike..
Check out the fare requirements for the strike. There may be restrictions such as country of sale. Do that before you start trying other booking sites.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 7:22 pm

Thanks for posting the nice FRA base fare. A riff on a previously closed dump+a recent promotion= a friend is ticketed at sub $250. Got to love it.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 7:57 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Yinzer
Thanks for posting the nice FRA base fare. A riff on a previously closed dump+a recent promotion= a friend is ticketed at sub $250. Got to love it.
There is now a $45 base NYC-CDG, reduced this afternoon from $128. I've been able to drop this from $689 to $495 on the authoritative site but have not tried to book it yet. I do not know enough tricks yet, and am still trying to find my coffee at its hub.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
There's a $90 base one-way between west C1 and C2 on *A. I can get ai for slightly less than $400. The base fare from east C1 is $45.

Valid for outbound travel 23/1-22/3, last day to ticket is 11/1.

Last edited by nov11; Jan 9, 2012 at 12:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.