Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2011 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
No etickets but no cancellation

I take the "never" in: "never call!" pretty serious and now I am at a point where i don't know what to do.

As posted a while ago i booked the curryfare from LUX that was available some weeks ago with a 3x in C1.
It was booked on xp Sep 18th. A few minutes after the confirmation email i got a callback request email saying that the tickets can't be issued due to technical problems and that i should call xp, which i didnt.
I (now) know that two carriers in my itinerary do not have an interline agreement, so basically they should have just cancelled it.

THEN: Sep 21st I got another confitmation email for the trip. After looking up the itinerary on xp i noticed the difference. The 3x segment was removed from the itinerary.

NOW: I didn't get any other emails, they never tried to call me, and it shows as booked. I can look up the itinerary on the carriers website, select seats, but no e-ticket numbers

- What are the odds that it just randomly gets cancelled if i wait some more weeks?
-What are the odds that it can be ticketed due to the fact that the 3x is now "gone"?

Due to the recently available C2-C3 fares I'm interested in I really would like some opinions because I don't want to end up with to tickets for the same time period.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by r0me0
I take the "never" in: "never call!" pretty serious and now I am at a point where i don't know what to do.
You have skipped the most important information ! Has your credit card been charged ? ? If not then your trip is OFF. They probably kept your AF reservation in case you wanted to fly to curry land even without the 3X and were willing to pay the higher YQ loaded price, so they seat/availability would not get lost. If your credit card got charged then you will have a tickets number as a the transaction reference in your CC statement or online with your CC company.. They could not have charged more than you agreed to pay, so if the the credit card was hit with the 140 Euros and you have a ticket number , then you are good to go.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Did you transpose the figure. I can get to C2-C1 186.00. Base Fare 27.90.
YES, Very easy to book.
The 27.90 fare is excellent too, but the 168 was on a different itinerary -- now the ITA price has dropped farther, but the final ticketing price has increased, so the best I can ticket for is 173...
Old Oct 9, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
You have skipped the most important information ! Has your credit card been charged ? ? If not then your trip is OFF. They probably kept your AF reservation in case you wanted to fly to curry land even without the 3X and were willing to pay the higher YQ loaded price, so they seat/availability would not get lost. If your credit card got charged then you will have a tickets number as a the transaction reference in your CC statement or online with your CC company.. They could not have charged more than you agreed to pay, so if the the credit card was hit with the 140 Euros and you have a ticket number , then you are good to go.

ok thanks. i was just wondering if they would change something about the itinerary and then charge me the 140 and give out tickets
Old Oct 9, 2011, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by r0me0
ok thanks. i was just wondering if they would change something about the itinerary and then charge me the 140 and give out tickets
If they did ,They could only charge you Euro 140 in any case it would only be to take away the 3x and why would you care. Sound like you will not have curryinahurry
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:34 am

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
A white ball in a pawn shop

ST........ Starbucks/ $428ai nov
edit to add.......for you Giants fans $268ai

Last edited by giggy; Oct 10, 2011 at 9:47 am
Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:28 am

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
If they did ,They could only charge you Euro 140 in any case it would only be to take away the 3x and why would you care. Sound like you will not have curryinahurry
They charged me 7$ for not issuing the Curry ticket
Old Oct 10, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, American Advantage, Continental Onepass
So are this prices with a simple 3x? Or with Special constructions? 2 strikes?

Sometimes I think it is a good thing to do a status report because reading the various posts over a longer period of time it can be difficult to make sure exactly which routing is being referred to in each post.

So to SUMMARIZE the current situation for optimal FDs:

C1-C2: $ 289.90 per R/T
C2-C1: 168.20 ( 186.10) per R/T
C1-C3: $ 292.15 per R/T
C2-C3: 214.50 per R/T
C3-C1: 299.75 $ 432.40

Multi-Continent Double Decker $ 328.00 per R/T

No 1Xs or 4Xs used in ANY of the above constructions.

Using 1Xs, as we know can often bring these prices further down but also makes booking more difficult and the traveler incurs the risk of cancellation for a 1X "No-Show".
Old Oct 10, 2011, 7:55 am

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
Originally Posted by dohko8
So are this prices with a simple 3x? Or with Special constructions? 2 strikes?
maybe some of us dont really like posting constructions OUT LOUD, you seem to do that quite often Perhaps it might be a good idea to run some tests on your own versus asking the same dumb questions over and over. Dont you ever learn?

Last edited by giggy; Oct 10, 2011 at 8:03 am
Old Oct 10, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by giggy
ST........ Starbucks
I'm able to get this to $533, but I think my strike is more expensive. Is this on the $145 base?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 8:03 am
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
I found a nice fare for those that don't like flying in the back but I am having a heck of a time trimming the fat.

C2-C6 on the *A: Land of Abba to the land where men chunder.

Base is $429 and the fat is at least $600 on top of that.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by humblelens
I'm able to get this to $533, but I think my strike is more expensive. Is this on the $145 base?
yeah, btw theres a clue there thats big enough to shake a stick at.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, American Advantage, Continental Onepass
I'm down to $313 c1-c2..
Old Oct 10, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Hi all,

I'm looking at the current $102 (one-way) base fares from C2-C1-C2 -- specifically from my home airport to tea party city on the coca cola airline.

I can knock off 100% of the $303 YQ with a 1x in C1 from my other home airport but can't fly it in time so I'd like to find a 3x or other strategy. Fare rules seem to be pretty generous with add-ons, end-on-ends, and open jaws permitted.

I'm not asking for a freebie but only if anyone knows that a dump is possible without using a 1x? And, if you're feeling generous, a little hint as to the construction or where to start looking.

Thank you!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:51 am

meanwhile; back at the ranch....jfk/bcn $266ai

Last edited by giggy; Oct 10, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.