Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2011 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:42 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by kyunbit
many cities to DEL on the cowboy ~$670 a.i. plenty of dates in Sep, >19K EQM.
Those who go west before going east can get 23K.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
Originally Posted by Fly2LAX
If you fly to Narita there are multiple Airport Hotels available below or around 100$.

I can't understand people that want to slum it at the airport in all honesty (maybe I'm just getting old after crossing 30). You spend 800$ to fly to Japan to get Elite Status... is it elite to spend the night on the floor or in a hallway?

Great fares though! ^
It's call an experience. Also, for really really early flights, there is a risk of not waking up and missing your flight.. Yes, I am aware of wake up calls.. and I have slept in enough hotels to have missed wake up calls..

WHen I slept at Haneda 2 years ago, I did it with two Japanese girls. There were a lot of other people there too.. even old ladies.. So it's not always about saving money. Some flights are just way to early for the trains. And for locals, it's kind of weird to leave your house at 8pm, go to a hotel and check in just to sleep there.

By the way, Haneda has nap rooms so you could stay up as late as possible and then check in to them. They are 1000 yen per hour I think up to a max of 5 hours.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 7:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Review of the 24 hour lounge...

I flew back yesterday on AA 134, the 24 hour lounge only costs Y1000 and offers a few cubicles to get some rest and has self serve softdrinks, water, coffee and teas and some food/alcoholic beverages for sale...

http://www.100by30.com/2011/07/sleep...ky-lounge.html
Old Jul 5, 2011, 11:01 am

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Pulled the trigger for a 3 day MR turn... $780.80 all in... now to book some positioning flights via *A miles to YYZ... SWUs cleared immediately

There's a few other dates shown for July and August via ITA... good luck!

I believe the 24 hour lounge grants access to AMEX PLAT...
Old Jul 5, 2011, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Originally Posted by kyunbit
many cities to DEL on the cowboy ~$670 a.i. plenty of dates in Sep, >19K EQM.
What is the cowboy? (Sorry this whole thread confuses the crap outta me).
Old Jul 5, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
Originally Posted by Phasers
So it appears I was wrong to assume "cowboy" to be the bride. It is an all patriotic carrier.

Last edited by Cheerfulflyer; Jul 5, 2011 at 4:26 pm
Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)

Wonder what division the Houston Cowboys are in?
Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:17 pm
2mg

Originally Posted by Phasers
I'm glad some asked the question, because I thought it was another name for the patriot. I wish they were all that easy to figure out. I keep thinking the Bride is a reference to Kill Bill and not an actual airine
Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by 2mg
I'm glad some asked the question, because I thought it was another name for the patriot. I wish they were all that easy to figure out. I keep thinking the Bride is a reference to Kill Bill and not an actual airine
Well, you have to have a bride when you're having a marriage, don't you?

Anyway I don't think everybody uses the same aliases for the same things. The cowboy not being the patriot is news to me too.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: AAexp, COpl, DLslv, SWAcp, HHdia,*Wpp, MRpl, IHGpe, AMEXmr1, LVSANDSgraziepl, MGMmlifepl
Is there any chance you could toss a plane hopping newbie a quick reference guide on some of the lingo? I'd sure appreciate it!
Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum AA Platinum UA Dirt Grey Marriott Ambassador Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Ichinensei
It's call an experience. Also, for really really early flights, there is a risk of not waking up and missing your flight.. Yes, I am aware of wake up calls.. and I have slept in enough hotels to have missed wake up calls..

WHen I slept at Haneda 2 years ago, I did it with two Japanese girls. There were a lot of other people there too.. even old ladies.. So it's not always about saving money. Some flights are just way to early for the trains. And for locals, it's kind of weird to leave your house at 8pm, go to a hotel and check in just to sleep there.

By the way, Haneda has nap rooms so you could stay up as late as possible and then check in to them. They are 1000 yen per hour I think up to a max of 5 hours.
LOL. When I read it first it looked to me like 'When I slept at Haneda 2 years ago, I did two Japanese girls.'
Old Jul 5, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Originally Posted by kevinbsbll3737
Is there any chance you could toss a plane hopping newbie a quick reference guide on some of the lingo? I'd sure appreciate it!
Yeah +1, especially the ones that pertain to OW members
Old Jul 5, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
cowboy,Pbird,Proudbird,patiot,Patriotic bird

iah-del s6-13 $644ai

Last edited by giggy; Jul 5, 2011 at 2:53 pm
Old Jul 5, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
Originally Posted by Fly2LAX
LOL. When I read it first it looked to me like 'When I slept at Haneda 2 years ago, I did two Japanese girls.'
I wished...
Old Jul 5, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: spg plat Hyatt diamond Marriot gold avis pres club national ex
Originally Posted by giggy
iah-del s6-13 $644ai
Replicated it as well 644AI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.