Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2010 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2010, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Trick - for -Trick Quid pro Quo

Originally Posted by cfischer
Note to self: must keep trying ... I probably never tried hard enough, but right now I can only get partials done ... still saving a few bucks, but I can't get the $180 savings to Europe anymore. Looks like there are a few more tricks I somehow need to learn.

I know how to trick many US and international airlines for certain inter-continental itineraries.
just missing IBERIA. ANYONE please.

If anyone here knows how to trick YQ on IBERIA then I will show them how to do:

USA- Europe R/T < $ 200.00 all-in this summer.

I can also trade a USA - Europe - open jaw - Europe - South America ( Huge Open - JAW ) for $ 428.00 all-in on 1 PNR

or

USA - South America R/T $ 256.00 all-in.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Apr 7, 2010 at 8:01 pm
Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by sinus
Anyone was able to trick TK, ever? They have decent fares to Asia.
I never succeeded with TK and it wasn't for the lack of trying. However, some of their reg fares were lower than FD'd ones from others. So I even bought them ones and have no complaint.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HJsimpson
I feel like a kid with no money from the outside looking though the candyshop window
Tough world huh.
Nobody ever tought me anything. I had to sweat through hours of plowing through 100's of threads, Reverse engineered on ITA and tested on actual booking sited. I figured it out and once I got the technique down I was able to expand into other FD possibilities. Two days ago I helped someone get USA to South America for $ 148.50 R/T. Base fare $ 41.25. The rest was airport taxes, departure fees, immigration fees and customs fees.
As I have stated several times here, I will still share with anyone who has a precisely formulated question about a particular itinerary which they actually intend to buy and fly. I do not think that s too much to ask. Especially because some of my fuel dumps are not generally applicable, but somewhat continent/destination specific. I will not share share with anyone who is just intellectually curious ( or paid or incentivized to be curious rrrrr)

Here are some generic samples of FD opportunities.

1. Double-Open Jaw Continent 1 to/from Continent 2.
with Non-North American 3X
2. Double-Open Jaw Continent 1 - Continent 2 OJ Continent 2 - Continent 3.

3. Single Open Jaw Carrier 1 out bound and carrier 2 return.
4. Continent 1 to Continent 2 R/T then 3x from Continent 3 to Continent 4 ( applicable only if you actually (high probability ) can make use of 3X within the next 330 days).
5. The traditional North American 3X.

and btw the traditional YQ on *A's mothership and/or her October 2009
new-born partner are still partially dumpable

Per my previous posting here, I am still looking to crack IB's YQ. ANY workable ideas anyone.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Apr 8, 2010 at 5:58 am
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:59 am
Suspended

Question

Originally Posted by hejustlaughs
I'm apparently your friend that was just born yesterday. I've been perusing FT for awhile but never actually heard about FD until the AFWD debacle.
How could you have missed. It has been around for about two years I believe.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 6:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mrredskin
i'll trade you a roll of dollar coins for your usa-europe info
IB YQ drop is much more valuable.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Apr 8, 2010 at 6:06 am
Old Apr 8, 2010, 6:10 am
Suspended

Does anyone have a listing of the world's highest YQ ranked by airline or origin-destination ? When hunting its always good to know where the largest game is. The highest I have found is $ 390 but there must be higher.

Update, I just found $ 460 on guess who: IB

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Apr 8, 2010 at 6:15 am
Old Apr 8, 2010, 6:33 am
ccf
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, DL
WWE,
As an unpaid semi-intellectually curious FT'er, I've tried to brainstorm the IB issue. I spent some time using all sorts of combos for 3X's. I can make the fare go much higher, but not lower. I've tried ex-US and ex-Spain. I'm sure you've tried it all, too. I wish I could have helped. Good luck.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:23 am

Tried so long...

I have learned so much here, but realize now I know squat. I see that some people are still able to get FD's. I have tried what I think is every combo that even has the slightest chance, but every fare I get is 800.00 ish what used to be 500.00.

Can someone please at least tell me if there IS a FD possible in this itin, so I can keep trying, or if there is not a snowballs chance I can quit.

EWR-FRA-ATH-EWR

DD HAS to get to FRA on May 15. Dont care how. It could be EWR, BOS, PHL

Then must get to VCE (will prob use a LCC) to get from FRA to VCE on the 29th. Then will return ATH to departure airport on June 6

Is there any configuration where a FD would work, not enough legs, too many?

Should I give it up?

Last edited by stan1162; Apr 8, 2010 at 8:30 am
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Has anyone had success dumping YQ, in a manner that results in a lower fare, from the *A Z fares on sale this summer from US-Europe.

I'm able to dump the YQ but can't seem to economically replace it.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:10 am

Programs: * A
Originally Posted by buck3y3nut
I can confirm this... I just priced out an Itinerary that cut the YQ from $300 to $170 on the *A's mothership...
Great job WWE. Just did some more reading from the old trick it thread, along with some more reading on fare rules. Then thought I'd try it out on ITA and boom, $130 vanished from the fare... If only the other $170 would disappear...

BTW, didn't get the prices listed by WWE for summer travel to EU; however did manage to get a decent price out for labor day weekend...

And I can see IB has base fares to BCN for $90 one-way with a whopping $300 of YQ. I'm trying and trying!!! Work productivity at its best I would say
+1, my fares come decent but no way closer to WWE's. Keep trying and you'll be surprised enjoy!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Does anyone have a listing of the world's highest YQ ranked by airline or origin-destination ? When hunting its always good to know where the largest game is. The highest I have found is $ 390 but there must be higher.

Update, I just found $ 460 on guess who: IB
These are for UA. I priced ex-SFO.

KIX $178
NRT $178
PVG $248
PEK $248
ICN $200
TPE $140
HKG $96
SGN $140
BKK $230
SIN $370
SYD $160
MEL $160

LHR $242
FRA $300
BRU $300
CDG $300
AMS $300
FCO $300
MUC $300
DXB $370
KWI $350
ZRH $300
GVA $300
DME $300
GIG $114
EZE $290

I primarily find transpac routes and some of the YQ have gone up from when I last checked earlier this year.

SGN is up about $50. BKK is up around $80. SIN has held at $370. As for Europe routes they are up between 10-20% across the board.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by fanger
Suggestion: maybe delete the fare construction info from your post?

Anyway, this is getting complicated, but I would suggest breaking the TATL part from the domestic part. For instance, LAX-XXX-MSP-HNL-LAX, where XXX is the TATL gateway. But I would do that after finding the right XXX-LIS fare.
Thanks for the insight, removing the ITA restrictions dropped it back down perfectly. Is it usual for Kayak to price out the flights from ITA cheaper than what ITA is showing?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:34 pm

Programs: NW-PE (ret.) DL-Diamond & 1M, Hertz #1, UA-1P
Originally Posted by CalXSPE
Thanks for the insight, removing the ITA restrictions dropped it back down perfectly. Is it usual for Kayak to price out the flights from ITA cheaper than what ITA is showing?
Prices found on ITA can be higher, lower, or the same as a booking site. Timing is an important factor in the relative prices.

I consider ITA to be the 'theory' and booking sites to be the 'reality'. Sometimes one is more appealing than the other.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:39 pm
Suspended

$ 393.00 3 (Three) Continent Open-Jaw May / June 2010 Only

If anyone has actual travel plans for a 3 continent trip i.e
Continent 1 ( North America ) - Continent 2 - Continent 3 for $ 393.00.
Stay on continent 2 can be up to 1 months, however available dates are limited.

Travel from Continent 3 back to Continent 1 would be very un-economical on a purchased basis, unless a One-Way FF ticket back to North America was used.

This is NOT a MR but a hybrid and special situation for specific dates and specific continents as you end up 1 continent away from where you started.
On a CPM basis ( about 3 cpm ) the deal is very attractive.
FD from Continent 1 to 2 and another FD on Continent 2 to 3
As per my previous posts: If someone has an actual need for and intent to actually buy and fly an open-jaw 3 continent travel that happens to match what I found , then I will be happy to share details, otherwise I will not.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Apr 8, 2010 at 8:56 pm
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by buck3y3nut
I can confirm this... I just priced out an Itinerary that cut the YQ from $300 to $170 on the *A's mothership...
Great job WWE. Just did some more reading from the old trick it thread, along with some more reading on fare rules. Then thought I'd try it out on ITA and boom, $130 vanished from the fare... If only the other $170 would disappear...

BTW, didn't get the prices listed by WWE for summer travel to EU; however did manage to get a decent price out for labor day weekend...

And I can see IB has base fares to BCN for $90 one-way with a whopping $300 of YQ. I'm trying and trying!!! Work productivity at its best I would say
You are on the right track buddy. That is exactly the YQ I am trying to hunt down and whack. My $ 200 US-EU is contingent on a successfull IB FD

I can get UA YQ reduced on some itineraries from $ 370 to $ 71, but sometimes it requires single or double open jaws and sometimes dual carriers, which may or may not work for some FT members

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Apr 8, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.