Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2016 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA/One World: 2016 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Or BOS-HKG, still technically in China but you don't require a visa for $875, earns ~18,400 PQM's. You even get to fly on JL 787 on the outbound. https://goo.gl/flights/8aDB
Check partner earnings on that one before committing to it redct. Also, from what I hear the JL 787's are really narrow.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Madone59
Check partner earnings on that one before committing to it redct. Also, from what I hear the JL 787's are really narrow.
I did, it's on AA stock so you earn at least 100% EQM's
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:05 pm

Departure Airport: TPA
Miles Needed: 6K
Required Spend or Budget: Low, of course
Available Travel Dates: Next three weeks to meet the challenge deadline
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA. BA, Finnair, Iberia, JA and/or Quantas (as required by the terms of the challenge)

TPA is definitely not a prime home base to get AA deals (or any other airline for that matter). Some really good rates to Beijing and Sanghai, but my Chinese visa has expired and I don't have the time nor interest to get another one.

I will go anywhere as long as the CPM is right!

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by privateandinstrument
Departure Airport: TPA
Miles Needed: 6K
Required Spend or Budget: Low, of course
Available Travel Dates: Next three weeks to meet the challenge deadline
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA. BA, Finnair, Iberia, JA and/or Quantas (as required by the terms of the challenge)

TPA is definitely not a prime home base to get AA deals (or any other airline for that matter). Some really good rates to Beijing and Sanghai, but my Chinese visa has expired and I don't have the time nor interest to get another one.

I will go anywhere as long as the CPM is right!

Thanks in advance for the help.
It's not great but TPA-DFW-SEA-ORD-LGA-CLT-TPA will get the job done. Nov 2-3 $560
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: AA
Pre-planning

I am EP and panicking that I need 20k this year to keep it.

Departure Airport: Boston or PVD
Miles Needed: 20K
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:Any
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

I would live to stay out of a hotel. I have admirals club membership.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:21 am

TPA

Originally Posted by Madone59
It's not great but TPA-DFW-SEA-ORD-LGA-CLT-TPA will get the job done. Nov 2-3 $560
Thanks. You're right, not great, but if all else fails, there is this
Old Oct 18, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PHeatherton
Departure Airport: Boston or PVD
Miles Needed: 20K
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:Any
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:
PVD-CLT-LAX-HKG-LAX-CLT-PVD out 12/4 return 12/6 is $811, 20064 miles.
https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...1903;a=AA;eo=e
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I am EP, and due to a planeless three months, I am in need of just under 62k to keep it (a tall order, I know). I also have 5 SWUs left to use.

Departure Airport: Flexible, currently out of ORD and will position with Avios if necessary.
Miles Needed: 62K
Required Spend or Budget: As low as possible
Available Travel Dates: Any, after November 9th.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Prefer AA metal on longhauls to use SWUs

I am looking to spend a couple of weeks in Asia in November before returning for Thanksgiving, and then going back to Asia. I would also nest tickets to return to the US twice. I would also do an MR within Asia if needed.

I was also looking at a sub-$2k QR business class fare from CMB, which offers 1.5 EQMs per mile, but would prefer to spend less and fly on AA metal.

I am completely flexible given my desperation - thanks for your help!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by vhrum
I am EP, and due to a planeless three months, I am in need of just under 62k to keep it (a tall order, I know). I also have 5 SWUs left to use.

Departure Airport: Flexible, currently out of ORD and will position with Avios if necessary.

I am looking to spend a couple of weeks in Asia in November before returning for Thanksgiving, and then going back to Asia. I would also nest tickets to return to the US twice. I would also do an MR within Asia if needed.

I was also looking at a sub-$2k QR business class fare from CMB, which offers 1.5 EQMs per mile, but would prefer to spend less and fly on AA metal.

Hi vhrum, that's a lot of miles to earn in such a short period. You mentioned you are traveling to Asia and back, and need to nest tickets. Have you already bought tickets, perhaps we can start from there and find you an itinerary that will work with your schedule. I also presume you only want to travel in Y as you have SWU, is that correct? You may also want to call AA and explain your situation, maybe they can get you in some sort of challenge in order to requalify.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by vhrum

Ord to pek is only 516 routing through dallas in nov for 14,300. You could do 4 round trips plus something to make up the difference, or 2 in coach and one nested HKG-ORD in biz for ~3,000 total. I just hope your swu's will clear!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: AmericanAirlines
Hi! This is my first time posting and appreciate the help! I am currently a platinum and TRYING to reach EXP by end of the year... I am open to multiple short trips or whatever other ideas people have to get the most miles for the best price.

Departure Airport: LAX (preferred) but open to LGB, SNA, SAN
Miles Needed: 21,000
Required Spend or Budget: as cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: flexible - most availability November 8th or later
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA or Oneworld who qualifies for EQM
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
The secret is rather well known: it used to be "fly a lot of miles"; soon it will be " fly a lot of miles and spend a lot of dollars".

Last edited by aktchi; Oct 18, 2016 at 11:24 pm
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by eshinn
No I will not become more "realistic". This is what my plan is!
Well since you don't want to be realistic

I suggest you buy full F fares on all your flights MIA/LAX; that should get you the dollars you need and if you fly this every week, you will be fine since you will need ~22 RT's

Buy full F and problem is solved
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Hi vhrum, that's a lot of miles to earn in such a short period. You mentioned you are traveling to Asia and back, and need to nest tickets. Have you already bought tickets, perhaps we can start from there and find you an itinerary that will work with your schedule. I also presume you only want to travel in Y as you have SWU, is that correct? You may also want to call AA and explain your situation, maybe they can get you in some sort of challenge in order to requalify.
Originally Posted by citsfo
Ord to pek is only 516 routing through dallas in nov for 14,300. You could do 4 round trips plus something to make up the difference, or 2 in coach and one nested HKG-ORD in biz for ~3,000 total. I just hope your swu's will clear!

To clarify, I haven't bought anything yet; this is my provisional plan. I want to go to Asia and return mid-December or so, and also want to come back for 10-14 days around the week of Thanksgiving. And then come back (or go anywhere from Asia or the US) as needed. I'll definitely give AAdvantage customer service a call and see if they can offer a challenge or soft landing or something similar.

I would like to book Y to keep cost down, but am not opposed to buying a cheap J ticket and then upgrading to F : Would be more efficient timewise as well. Looking at QR for that reason, plus I can get RDMs at the old rate.

As far as routing goes, to go to/from HKG I would definitely prefer to route through LAX instead of DFW for SWU purposes. It looks like going through LAX is sometimes $50 more and sometimes $250 more than going through DFW. $50 extra is fine for a (relatively) easy upgrade, but $250...
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by LAXflygirl2016
Hi! This is my first time posting and appreciate the help! I am currently a platinum and TRYING to reach EXP by end of the year... I am open to multiple short trips or whatever other ideas people have to get the most miles for the best price.

Departure Airport: LAX (preferred) but open to LGB, SNA, SAN
Miles Needed: 21,000

Required Spend or Budget: as cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: flexible - most availability November 8th or later
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA or Oneworld who qualifies for EQM
Welcome to FT, LAXflygirl2016! Trips going to Asia would probably do the trick. You can add a connecting flight to the East Coast to get extra mileage. Total price should be under ~1k. Here's a sample: https://goo.gl/flights/jRCZ.

The link is just for illustration with connections to JFK and WAS, I don't suggest booking the exact itinerary .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.