Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Aeromexico US-SCL J $1,000(ish)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Aeromexico US-SCL J $1,000(ish)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:51 am

This is now dead. Pricing out at $2475.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by rizrizriz
Anyone know why AM shows their seat configuration selection as if there is 6 across in Biz/Premier vs what I would expect is 4 across on AM 787-8's?
AM seat map
The 787-8 is 2-2-2 config in business.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:54 am
TBD
Original Poster

Programs: All The Programs
AM could indeed need the business. Not a single seat was taken when I selected my seat on the MEX-SCL flights.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by brodes
Not dead at all actually. Still wide open through EOS.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:57 am
TBD
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brodes
I still see plenty of fare quotes $1,000 - $1,100 on this and other routes.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:08 pm

Thinking about doing this from MCO to pick up the Delta MQM/MQD

Is it possible to same day turn in SCL? Looks like about 2 hours between flights (and same plane) but not sure if I need to clear customs or if I can stay in the transit area. Also, since my destination is SCL on the outbound and SCL is the origin on the inbound, will I have any problems for not having immigration or passport stamps since I should have technically visited SCL?

Thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dburns
Thinking about doing this from MCO to pick up the Delta MQM/MQD

Is it possible to same day turn in SCL? Looks like about 2 hours between flights (and same plane) but not sure if I need to clear customs or if I can stay in the transit area. Also, since my destination is SCL on the outbound and SCL is the origin on the inbound, will I have any problems for not having immigration or passport stamps since I should have technically visited SCL?

Thanks!
I was wondering the same thing. Curious to hear the answers.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:12 pm
bdh

Programs: DL PM, UA PM
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Booked two of these through JustFly.com...anyone ever used them before? Hoping this sticks, it's a lot of DL MQMs and MQDs! Although I think Aeromexico is one of the worst SkyTeam carriers.
I used JustFly last year for another cheap business fare deal on AM from SFO-HUX (SFO-HUX in J for $319 on Aeromexico). They seemed alright and honored the ticket, but there was an equipment change for the HUX-MEX leg on the return flight to a plane without a business cabin. I wanted to use this as an excuse to fly back a day later (since that worked better for us anyway), but JustFly was no help. They claimed it was AM's issue, but then when I called AM they claimed I had to make any changes through JustFly. Ultimately I got someone at AM to make the change for me, but I had to go through multiple agents to get it to happen and other people on the thread were never able to make the change.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Thanks all - definitely dead, but I managed to book one first. Let's see if it holds!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:22 pm
TBD
Original Poster

Seems to be wide open for MCO, still.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
I was wondering the same thing. Curious to hear the answers.
Same here. I actually have booked a same day return
But from this, it seems though should not be big issue Any Tips for a Turnaround at SCL?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
I wonder how long we should wait before booking non-refundable travel/trips. For example, I want to do a Patagonia hike, but obviously I need to know whether things will get changed regarding this fare. I just never know when a fare is a legitimate fare or not, and the DOT regulations have only created more problems because airlines can now -- at least as far as I can tell -- just say that a low fare is an "error", thereby not honoring it.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Ambassador, Delta Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Dead from JFK, yes? Every date combo I find re-prices to $3800.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:39 pm

When to folks feel they have "locked in" the ticket? Have a AM reservation code (i.e. PRN) and can view info and edit info on AM site.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by TBD
Seems to be wide open for MCO, still.
I stand corrected - for now only the JFK fares seem gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.