Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Aeromexico US-SCL J $1,000(ish)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Aeromexico US-SCL J $1,000(ish)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by maverikbc
You think somebody with multiple plat statuses would walk 15 min from T2 to Pantitlan and take metro? lol I was the only non-local doing that the whole way, which was rather enjoyable. Leave from arrival level, because there's no sidewalk from departure level.
So there's sidewalk from arrival (so I can walk easily from T2 to Pantitlan)? My plan of taking metro isn't due to cost but for the fact that traffic is so bad during the rush hours, taxi may not be the quickest.

On a side note, all US-SCL J deals are gone.

Originally Posted by downinit
There is also a very cheap and easy express bus from the airport to the city center. They have a dedicated bus lane, so no worries about traffic, unlike in taxis or gypsy cabs (über). It is very easy to spend a few hours or a full day wandering around the city center. Another option during a long layover is a trip to the pyramids.
Are you referring to BRT? If so this would be better. Regarding stopover, I just don't understand how AM makes it so hard to book MEX stopover, even the regular D fare (much more expensive) doesn't allow stopover.

p.s. Given US-MEX fares are generally cheap these days, booked another separate trip to MEX during a weekend.

Last edited by vincewy; Dec 17, 2017 at 10:18 am
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by vincewy
So there's sidewalk from arrival (so I can walk easily from T2 to Pantitlan)? My plan of taking metro isn't due to cost but for the fact that traffic is so bad during the rush hours, taxi may not be the quickest.

On a side note, all US-SCL J deals are gone.
I grabbed LAX-UIO deal, so I'm looking forward to doing that again, I intentionally created a layover for a whole day.

Just study on Google Map in advance, there are a lot of airport workers commuting, just follow them.

I went into the city during morning rush hour, the train was packed like you see Tokyo trains on TV. Because it takes a lot longer to offload and load (supposed to be in that order, but it's not Japan so it adds more time), travel time was a lot longer as well. On the way back in the afternoon, no hay problema.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by casver87
Hi all – I'm a United Platinum traveler. I was able to book a ORD - LIM in February and a MCO - SCL in March. To which program would you recommend accruing miles? Delta SkyMiles?

Another piece of the puzzle: I work for a French company and flight once or twice a year BOS - CDG. Would AirFrance FlyBlue would make sense?

Thanks for your help.
Where to Credit | Where to Credit Aeromexico Flights in I Booking Class
Old Dec 17, 2017, 8:12 am

Are you referring to BRT? If so this would be better. Regarding stopover, I just don't understand how AM makes it so hard to book MEX stopover, even the regular D fare (much more expensive) doesn't allow stopover.
Yes, the BRT in MEX is actually a better option than the subway, as long as you are going to the city center (or anywhere else along the route). It is more direct, safer, and cleaner. You are also more likely to get a seat than on a train in rush hour.

I intentionally booked the longest daytime layover on my return flight to LAX (14 hours) so I could make another visit. My last layover there was only half as long.l, but I still managed to explore quite a bit of the CBD and the insanely sprawling La Merced Mercado. The selection was not nearly as diverse as those found throughout Asia, but the immense size was astounding. Blocks and blocks of cheap clothing and food stalls provide an insight into the contemporary culture that few museums could ever hope to offer.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1K; and a bunch of hotel statuses
JFK-MEX-SCL around July 4th weekend at $1091
Unionruler likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:20 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
For those with a layover in MEX, any suggestions on cheap hotel close to the airport bookable with points or even cash if cheap enough. Trying to minimize taxi expenses if possible.
Also, the AM lounges are just the worst, does anyone know if the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Citi Prestige get lounge access (AM lounges are Priority Pass, but no other options in the terminal for that). Wasn't sure if there are any credit card-affiliated lounges that Citi Prestige or CSR can use.
If I recall correctly, there is both a Marriott Courtyard and a Hilton attached to one of the Terminals of the airport. IF I recall correctly, this is not the AeroMexico Terminal.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
For those with a layover in MEX, any suggestions on cheap hotel close to the airport bookable with points or even cash if cheap enough.
Other than NH Collection (obviously most convenient but expensive), there's Hotel Mini Suites Aeropuerto right off T2 if you're not going to CBD and just want some sleep. Many more options in front of T1 but a bit more, it's easy to get to with Aerotren.The cheapest is izZzleep at T1 but the saving is not worth it if you want quality sleep. However, for those arriving early at the morning hours with quite some time, you can try izZzleep as they offer sleep during the day and/or shower between 6am-6pm.

Last edited by vincewy; Dec 17, 2017 at 8:56 pm
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: United Premier
For those on *A, I'm seeing wide-open availability on Avianca from JFK-BOG-EZE for sub 1300 R/T

Long layover on the way down (shortest is 9.5hrs) but you get 787 LF with reverse herringbone.

Also works in reverse.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:46 pm

AV's JFK-MVD/EZE deals have been around for a while, along with CM's matching JFK-MVD, however, if you try to go to SCL it'll add up quickly.

Another comfortable option if you're OK with SCL-LIM segments being in Y is AV's mixed cabin fare, AV's currently offering JFK-SCL in mostly J for $1361, you can use Kayak.com to retrieve such and book it through OTAs this way

https://www.expedia.com/Details?piid...c-e2c55acc1084&
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
On the AM US portal, why is My Trips not clickable? Do I need to register first?

Or should I select seats via Expedia?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
On the AM US portal, why is My Trips not clickable? Do I need to register first?

Or should I select seats via Expedia?
I can select seats just fine on AM's website. Please double check, there are 2 reference codes, both have 6 digits. 1 from Expedia and another from AM when you review your trip.

https://www.aeromexico.com/en-us/manage-your-booking

My only issue on AM's site is not being able to change my FFP to DL despite the fact that I entered it from my Expedia's profile. It just keeps staying as AM's with DL's number. I guess I'll have to save the BPs and remind check-in again again to enter mine correctly.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can select seats just fine on AM's website. Please double check, there are 2 reference codes, both have 6 digits. 1 from Expedia and another from AM when you review your trip.

https://www.aeromexico.com/en-us/manage-your-booking

My only issue on AM's site is not being able to change my FFP to DL despite the fact that I entered it from my Expedia's profile. It just keeps staying as AM's with DL's number. I guess I'll have to save the BPs and remind check-in again again to enter mine correctly.
Thanks for the link. It was not clickable for me from the homepage.

Same here. Even after I edit on the AM site, it still says the program is its Club Premier. Too early to call AM, or don't call at all?

Also, my KTN (GE) was never brought over from the Expedia entry.
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: DL GM
You can tweet at @ AeromexicoUSA to get your FF# fixed.

Last edited by idiosyncrasy; Dec 22, 2017 at 8:21 am
Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AM changed the MCO-MEX segment of my reservation from AM441 to AM435, now departing 2 hours later. Probably won't need to do an overnight stay anymore at MCO for positioning.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by jjmiller69
I just checked and it's still out there for Ord/Lim on Orbitz at $585. I booked it last night on the Chase site for 39074 UR's pp.
I booked a Aeromexico flight ORD/LIM rt for my wife and myself. Business class was $569 pp rt on 12/15. The reduced fare was there for about ~12 hrs.
Next day we went in and picked seats 2A and 2B.
2 days ago I went in to add FF’#s. Low and behold only my wife was on the Resv. We called Chase travel and they took care of it by booking me a $1901 ticket no charge to me. But the price showed up on the Itn. They said they would deal with Aeromexico. Thank you Chase travel.
Just putting this out there so you might want to check your Resv.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.