Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Any Tips for a Turnaround at SCL?

Old Aug 20, 17, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Plat, UA Silver, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond

Booked ORD-MEX-SCL-MEX-ORD on Aeromexico but spending a night in MEX and doing the MEX-SCL round trip in one day. I have 2 hours between arrival at SCL and my return. Anyone have any insight as to what I'll encounter in the way of managing that turnaround?
Old Aug 20, 17, 7:41 pm

We were able to transit right through to international terminal at SCL. We were in bound from MEX and our other ticket was out to EZE. Didn't have to clear immigration or customs at all. Transiting MEX was a different story though.
Old Aug 22, 17, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Plat, UA Silver, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by blind1985 View Post
We were able to transit right through to international terminal at SCL. We were in bound from MEX and our other ticket was out to EZE. Didn't have to clear immigration or customs at all. Transiting MEX was a different story though.
I hear ya, transiting through MEX can be a challenge. Thanks for the feedback on your experience at SCL. I won't have a boarding pass in hand for the return when I arrive of course so hoping all goes smoothly.
Old Aug 22, 17, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite
I did a MR from MIA to SCL in Nov 2015 (on AA) where I arrived in the morning, spent a wonderful day exploring SCL and returned on the redeye that evening. Different than what you're doing but I remember the "security" to be pretty lax. On thing that irritated me is that I stocked up on water bottles at the Admirals club but an additional screening on the jetbridge removed water (since I was returning to the US).
Old Aug 28, 17, 7:39 am
Original Poster

UPDATE! I completed my turnaround and wanted to let you know how it went in case others are doing the same.

Arrived at SCL on my Aeromexico flight from MEX, walked down the hallway and got in the line for security for connecting flights. No attendants at that security to check passports or boarding passes, breezed through even though line was long. After security I was in the connecting gate area and had time to visit lounge. Went to my gate for SCL to MEX and departed. Easiest turnaround I think I've ever done.
Old Aug 28, 17, 9:18 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by tc fly girl View Post
UPDATE! I completed my turnaround and wanted to let you know how it went in case others are doing the same.

Arrived at SCL on my Aeromexico flight from MEX, walked down the hallway and got in the line for security for connecting flights. No attendants at that security to check passports or boarding passes, breezed through even though line was long. After security I was in the connecting gate area and had time to visit lounge. Went to my gate for SCL to MEX and departed. Easiest turnaround I think I've ever done.
FYI - there's a thread for this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...es-please.html
Old Dec 5, 17, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks Tblack15!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: