Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]Nz: Syd-lax z $944

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please:
Do NOT call the airline while the fare is still alive!
(Definitely dead now. Plead your case to have your ticket(s) reinstated!)
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE]Nz: Syd-lax z $944

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ycc777
I thought the ticket rule has a $300 cancellation fee. Will they be paying this amount?
LOL. Love it. Hey, where is my $300? The fare rules say $300 to cancel. NZ cancelled and they owe me $300.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I also got another micky mouse email from Expedia, now saying the refund will show up in 1-2 billing cycles...plus some other bs to rebook for $5k, if I want. This is ridiculous, everybody is getting a different email...if I don't get the refund by the end of the week I will be calling ANZ daily...what a bunch of clowns.....
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Air New Zealand paying the $300 cancel fees.

Originally Posted by nk15
I also got another micky mouse email from Expedia, now saying the refund will show up in 1-2 billing cycles...plus some other bs to rebook for $5k, if I want. This is ridiculous, everybody is getting a different email...if I don't get the refund by the end of the week I will be calling ANZ daily...what a bunch of clowns.....
well after many many phone calls NZ is paying hotels and other airline booking fees and other reasonable costs including the $300 fee we would have paid if we had cancelled.
however its to good to be true however start calling NZ, you need to talk to agency support.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by flybit
well after many many phone calls NZ is paying hotels and other airline booking fees and other reasonable costs including the $300 fee we would have paid if we had cancelled.
however its to good to be true however start calling NZ, you need to talk to agency support.
Wow congrats. Glad to hear. Personally I’m a bit surprised they didn’t just reinstate the ticket vs paying out cash
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
government owned airline

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Wow congrats. Glad to hear. Personally I’m a bit surprised they didn’t just reinstate the ticket vs paying out cash
its a govt airline, just full of incompetence, and people who don't care. Job for life or until the airline is sold

Last edited by flybit; Sep 25, 2017 at 8:28 pm
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Too good to be true as in you are kidding about the $300 or the reasonable costs or both?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
here is the email from Expedia. lol with a number that does not work. also really 8 WEEKS
Dear Expedia Customer,

We have been made aware by AIR NEW ZEALAND Airlines that they had an issue with the pricing of their tickets, which caused a number of tickets to be sold at prices significantly lower than their actual value. Due to the error, AIR NEW ZEALAND Airlines have taken the decision to cancel all tickets affected by this.

The airline has now begun to process all refunds back for affected tickets to the original form of payment used to make the booking, and the funds will be available to you within 6-8 weeks.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you, and should you need to rebook your trip, please contact Air New Zealand at 1 (800) 262-1234

Sincerely,

The Expedia Team
Interesting that Expedia has its own form email template for these types of fares.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Called Expedia.au and asked with no credit when cancellation email 19 Sept. Informed yesterday NZ closed- wait until today. Email from Expedia telling me to contact NZ! Just filed dispute with credit card company. Emailed Expedia -they should have voided charge and expect them to follow up since they advised ticket was canceled.

==
After advising Expedia of the dispute lodged received email:
Dear Mr. Zebranz:
Thank you for getting in touch in regards to the booking refund.
I apologise for the inconvenience caused.
I have tried contacting you at your number 1-(XXX) XXXXXXX; however, I could not get through.
I would like to inform you that we have processed a full refund of 1,188.79 AUD for your cancelled flight booking to the original form of payment today. Please allow 5-7 days for this credit to appear in your account.
I appreciate your understanding in this matter.
Kind regards,

Last edited by zebranz; Sep 26, 2017 at 2:56 am Reason: update
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:18 am

Well I've filed a complaint with DOT and I've reached out to NZ's email complaints dept. I've requested reimbursement for a positioning flight I purchased. We shall see. Seriously considering filing in small claims court here in the USA if I don't get favorable responses from NZ. It's pretty cheap to file and I'd expect them to settle given that I won't be filing in a jurisdiction where they have a corporate presence. Where I live doesn't allow lawyers in small claims so they'd actually have to send a corporate representative.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: SPG G, HH G, Marriott:G, BW Diamond, CC:Gold
Did you actually book a hotel?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:02 am
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
I booked 3 flight to positioning to SYD from London

Already spoke with Air New Zealand
they said that its expedia.com fault to publish this fare and expedia should refund my cost

expedia said what they can't do it but offer 200$ travel coupon better than nothing

I just send proper claim to ANZ using bait advertisement strategy and requested refund my cost

see how they will handle this

ANZ said that they have good customer service but couldn't explain why my ticket was cancelled 4 days after purchase then some of You got cancellation next day....
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by nk15
...what a bunch of clowns.....
are you talking about the clowns that book flights knowing the fare to be a mistake or some other bunch?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by poohfighter
Well I've filed a complaint with DOT and I've reached out to NZ's email complaints dept. I've requested reimbursement for a positioning flight I purchased. We shall see. Seriously considering filing in small claims court here in the USA if I don't get favorable responses from NZ. It's pretty cheap to file and I'd expect them to settle given that I won't be filing in a jurisdiction where they have a corporate presence. Where I live doesn't allow lawyers in small claims so they'd actually have to send a corporate representative.
If the DOT comes out with another change to the rules that is unfriendly to the consumer, we now know the person we should thank for the change.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:08 pm

just got home so now I will be making the calls to ANZ for refunds, etc.

I was the one who booked a flight Sept 25 - Dec 26 from Syd - Lax and booked a positioning flight to Australia using miles, only to find out after landing in HkG on a connecting flight to Sydney that ANZ cancelled these fares. I had already booked an Airbnb which I should get refunded for, as well as the value of my miles used to book the positioning flight (interesting to see how they would determine that). Now if I could also get the $300 cancellation fee, that would be fantastic but I wouldn't expect that.

Who's best to reach out to at ANZ for compensation related claims?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
its a govt airline, just full of incompetence, and people who don't care. Job for life or until the airline is sold
why did you edit out your comment about getting $300 from NZ?

did it or did it not happen?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.