Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]Nz: Syd-lax z $944

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please:
Do NOT call the airline while the fare is still alive!
(Definitely dead now. Plead your case to have your ticket(s) reinstated!)
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE]Nz: Syd-lax z $944

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Has anyone booked through Orbitz received a refund yet? I've been waiting but nothing yet -- called Orbitz and they wanted to charge me a $300 fee to refund. When I HUCA another person said 8-12 weeks for a refund. Should I just dispute the charge?
I have 4 tickets booked through orbitz. Nothing refunded yet.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Finnair Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, National EE
Refund from ANZ hit my account.

I have to say, despite not honoring this fare, ANZ acted properly, quick refund, 10 days...
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Has anyone booked through Orbitz received a refund yet? I've been waiting but nothing yet -- called Orbitz and they wanted to charge me a $300 fee to refund. When I HUCA another person said 8-12 weeks for a refund. Should I just dispute the charge?
Nothing yet.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by poohfighter
Well I've filed a complaint with DOT and I've reached out to NZ's email complaints dept. I've requested reimbursement for a positioning flight I purchased. We shall see. Seriously considering filing in small claims court here in the USA if I don't get favorable responses from NZ. It's pretty cheap to file and I'd expect them to settle given that I won't be filing in a jurisdiction where they have a corporate presence. Where I live doesn't allow lawyers in small claims so they'd actually have to send a corporate representative.
Can anyone tell me if DoT regulations are part of US law and if DoT regulations are part (mandatory part) of all international tariffs for travel to and from US?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
still no money refunded, i just talked to NZ and they said i can add the interest on my CC to my claim..
Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Finally got my refund from Expedia.ca on Oct 12.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:01 pm

Filed a suite in small claims court today here in the USA. Figured it's a minimal investment on my part. Hopefully it garners a response from ANZ. I'll keep you all appraised of the situation.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by poohfighter
Filed a suite in small claims court today here in the USA. Figured it's a minimal investment on my part. Hopefully it garners a response from ANZ. I'll keep you all appraised of the situation.
Are you suing for expenses you incurred as a result of the booking, or to have the flights themselves reinstated?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Peregrinus
Are you suing for expenses you incurred as a result of the booking, or to have the flights themselves reinstated?
Both.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Adding insult to injury, Expedia wants to know how I enjoyed my cancelled NZ flight.

Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
No refund for me still even though I cancelled my flights literally 10 minutes after the 24 hr window. Had to CXL via phone call due to codeshares on DL. First agent placed me on hold for a few minutes so that the 24 hours would pass then transferred me to another department that tried to charge me a cancellation fee. However, they were so nice and waived it as a "one-time courtesy"
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:01 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Seeing as how NZ honored this [PREM FARE GONE] ORD-SYD NZ $1500 RT biz I am curious to see if anyone did, or is planning, to pursue legal action against the carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.