Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ana yvr - syd $559 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nomadic.relief
ANA Sydney Fare Meetup

For those who were able to ticket, you can list your flights/dates here...

September
Sep 5 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (willtravelfortea)
Sep 6 YVR-SEA
Sep 7 SEA-HND/NRT-SYD (EmmyDee)
Sep 17 SYD-HND-YVR (willtravelfortea)
Sep 17 YVR-SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (reton)
Sep 18 YVR-SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (surfingsd)
Sep 24 SYD-HND/NRT-SFO-YVR (reton)
Sep 26 SYD-NRT/HND-SFO-YVR (EmmyDee)
Sep 26 YVR-SFO (yutuyu)
Sep 27 SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (yutuyu)

October
Oct 1 SYD-HND-YVR (surfingsd)
Oct 3 SYD-HND/NRT-SFO-YVR (yutuyu)
Oct 3 YVR-HND-SYD (andrees71)
Oct 16 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (llihlopf)
Oct 16 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (kirker, Bugeater+1)
Oct 16 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (Fredd/Mrs. Fredd)
Oct 17 SYD-HND (andrees71)
Oct 17 YVR-SFO-NRT (mowogo)
Oct 18 HND-SYD (mowogo)
Oct 22 SYD-HND-YVR (llihlopf)
Oct 23 SYD-HND-YVR (Fredd/Mrs. Fredd, Bugeater+1)
Oct 24 HND-YVR (andrees71)
Oct 24 SYD-HND (mowogo)
Oct 25 HND-YVR (mowogo)
Oct 29 SYD-HND-YVR (kirker)

November
Nov 2 YVR-HND-SYD (thyeri)
Nov 6- YVR-SEA-NRT HND-SYD (dany2k3m)
Nov 7 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (YYCCL3, acomp27)
Nov 8 YVR-HND HND-SYD Nov 11 (schnapperin)
Nov 8 YVR-HND-SYD (dlandz)
Nov 8 YVR-HND-SYD (Tracon, Mrs Tracon & Tracon jr.)
Nov 8 YVR-SEA (overnight)-NRT/HND-SYD (foxflyer)
Nov 8 YVR-SEA (overnight)-NRT|HND-SYD (pushmyredbutton)
Nov 13 SYD-HND-YVR (YYCCL3)
Nov 13 SYD-HND NRT-SFO-YVR (acomp27)
Nov 14 SYD-HND HND- YVR Nov 15 (dany2k3m)
Nov 14 SYD-HND HND- YVR Nov 15 (Tracon, Mrs Tracon & Tracon jr.)
Nov 14 YVR-HND-SYD (VladQ)
Nov 15 SYD-HND NRT-SEA-YVR Nov 16 (schnapperin)
Nov 15 SYD-HND|NRT-SFO (pushmyredbutton)
Nov 19 SYD-HND-YVR (dlandz)
Nov 20 YVR-HND-SYD (stratofortress, Majuki)
Nov 22 YVR-NRT AC 3 (canadiancow)
Nov 25 HND-SYD NH 879 (canadiancow)
Nov 27 SYD-TYO-SFO-YVR (stratofortress)
Nov 27 SYD-HND-YVR (Majuki)
Nov 27 SYD-HND-YVR (VladQ)
Nov 29 SYD-HND NH 880 (canadiancow)
Nov 30 NRT-SFO NH 8 (canadiancow - upgraded to F)
Nov 30 YVR-HND (flmyngo)
Nov 30 YVR-HND-SYD (raccoon)

December
Dec 2 HND-SYD (flmyngo)
Dec 5 YVR-HND (devguybc)
Dec 6 YVR-SEA-NRT HND-SYD Dec 9 (seks)
Dec 6 YVR-SEA (overnight) (nomadic.relief)
Dec 7 SEA-NRT HND-SYD (nomadic.relief)
Dec 7 YVR-HND (jerryhze)
Dec 7 YVR-HND (pushmyredbutton)
Dec 10 HND-SYD (pushmyredbutton)
Dec 10 SYD-HND-YVR (raccoon)
Dec 11 HND-SYD (jerryhze)
Dec 13 SYD-HND NRT-SFO (pushmyredbutton - upgraded to F)
Dec 13 HND-SYD (devguybc)
Dec 18 SYD-HND NRT-SFO-YVR Dec 19 (seks)
Dec 18 SYD-HND (devguybc)
Dec 19 HND-LAX-YVR (devguybc)
Dec 19 SYD-HND NRT-SFO-YVR (nomadic.relief - upgraded to F)
Dec 24 SYD-HND-YVR (jerryhze)
Dec 25 SYD-HND (flmyngo)
Dec 26 HND-YVR (flmyngo)

March
Mar 4 SYD-HND-YVR (thyeri)
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] Ana yvr - syd $559 rt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by canadiancow
NH marketed.

I cannot seem to change the outbound without it refaring into P class.

Not that I'm really interested in changing at this point. Just trying to see what I can do.
Interesting. This error fare has actually made me impressed at UA's IT! .bomb no more!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
NH marketed.

I cannot seem to change the outbound without it refaring into P class.

Not that I'm really interested in changing at this point. Just trying to see what I can do.

i booked directly on ANA site. Option to change it online, for the updated new "real" price of $15K (Canadian), but not going to do that. haha
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:29 pm

Could someone add us to the wiki?

Sept 18 YVR-SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (surfingsd)
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: JL JGP Emerald, NH Plat, DL Gold, VS Gold, EK Gold, Hilton DM, IHG Spire, Accor Gold, SPG/Marriott P
Smile

Originally Posted by surfingsd
Could someone add us to the wiki?

Sept 18 YVR-SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (surfingsd)
Me too! Want someone to add me to the wiki, Mine is:

Spet 17 YVR-SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (reton)

Thank you!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
MAJOR UPDATE:

I'll be damned: I'm one of the ones who did not receive an e-ticket when I purchased my booking -- and as of this morning it was still showing up as "Purchased/Not Ticketed" -- but I finally called ANA directly about it and they formally booked the ticket!!!

Here's what happened in my case, and I'm guessing a lot of FTers are in a similar boat: immediately after booking the original ticket, I received an email from NH stating that the time of my connecting UA flight to SFO had changed. That was the only email I received until today. I called today thinking there was zero chance I'd get the ticket, and basically only because they still had a hold on my debit card for the ticket amount that I wanted them to free up.

So: I called their 800 number, and the CSR's response was that the reason they hadn't yet issued my ticket -- and apparently the only -- was because they needed my "authorization" for the UA flight change. I said yes, and the CSR said the ticket would be processed and issued "within the next 24 hours." I was naturally skeptical, but lo and behold, I received my e-ticket along with a US$636 debit card charge statement less than 10 minutes later!!!

I've read this entire thread, and unless I missed something, it sounds like I'm the only one thus far who didn't receive an e-ticket shortly after booking but did get one issued days later. So call ANA, FTers, CALL NOW!!! :-D
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Fair play to ANA!!! ^
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by kirker
MAJOR UPDATE:

I'll be damned: I'm one of the ones who did not receive an e-ticket when I purchased my booking -- and as of this morning it was still showing up as "Purchased/Not Ticketed" -- but I finally called ANA directly about it and they formally booked the ticket!!!

Here's what happened in my case, and I'm guessing a lot of FTers are in a similar boat: immediately after booking the original ticket, I received an email from NH stating that the time of my connecting UA flight to SFO had changed. That was the only email I received until today. I called today thinking there was zero chance I'd get the ticket, and basically only because they still had a hold on my debit card for the ticket amount that I wanted them to free up.

So: I called their 800 number, and the CSR's response was that the reason they hadn't yet issued my ticket -- and apparently the only -- was because they needed my "authorization" for the UA flight change. I said yes, and the CSR said the ticket would be processed and issued "within the next 24 hours." I was naturally skeptical, but lo and behold, I received my e-ticket along with a US$636 debit card charge statement less than 10 minutes later!!!

I've read this entire thread, and unless I missed something, it sounds like I'm the only one thus far who didn't receive an e-ticket shortly after booking but did get one issued days later. So call ANA, FTers, CALL NOW!!! :-D
There's going to be a lot of happy people that has "Purchased/Not Ticketed" if that's the case ^
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
MAJOR UPDATE:

On the phone with them now, but when they went to "price" the itinerary after accepting the scheduling change, they quoted me over $4k... and they are not going to honor the ticket.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: *A
MAJOR UPDATE:

It appears we are on the same flights ex YVR. Same result for me this morning. The only thing holding up the ticketing was the flight departure time change of ~15mins ex YVR.

Please add mine to wiki:
Oct 16 YVR-SFO-NRT|HND-SYD (llihlopf)
Oct 22 SYD-HND-YVR (llihlopf)
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:46 am

So two success one unsuccess. YMMV?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FoxFlyer
On the phone with them now, but when they went to "price" the itinerary after accepting the scheduling change, they quoted me over $4k... and they are not going to honor the ticket.
Did you recived the time change mail aswell?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:44 pm

I called yesterday and was told the same thing. My PNR is showing as cancelled today. I wasn't going to argue with them about it. Still disappointed though.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Major update - update!

So - I just got a call from ANA - they are now honoring my ticket. They recharged my card and issued the tickets. Received confirmation email.

She reminded me it was a system error, and they were now going to honor it. (I had mentioned in my previous calls I was "disappointed" they weren't honoring it when other tickets had been issued for the same issue).

CAN NOT BELIEVE IT! Wow... totally stunned and excited to spend a few days in Sydney!!!

Nov 8 - YVR-SEA-NRT/HND-SYD
Nov 15 - SYD-HND/NRT-SFO-YVR

Last edited by FoxFlyer; Aug 8, 2017 at 5:32 pm Reason: Added Dates/Routing
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
So - I just got a call from ANA - they are now honoring my ticket. They recharged my card and issued the tickets. Received confirmation email.

She reminded me it was a system error, and they were now going to honor it. (I had mentioned in my previous calls I was "disappointed" they weren't honoring it when other tickets had been issued for the same issue).

CAN NOT BELIEVE IT! Wow... totally stunned and excited to spend a few days in Sydney!!!
Congrats!!!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:31 pm

I'm in the same boat. Purchased not ticketed with an immediate change in flight email. Called today per the posts and quoted $4K. About 3 hours later received a call from the call center asking explaining the error and that they would honor the original price. I reconfirmed credit card number, change in flight, and I'm now ticketed.

Nov. 6 : YVR-SFO-HND / NRT-SYD
Nov. 15 : SYD-HND- YVR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.