[FARE GONE] Ana yvr - syd $559 rt

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 26, 17, 2:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: nomadic.relief
Wiki Link
ANA Sydney Fare Meetup

For those who were able to ticket, you can list your flights/dates here...

September
Sep 5 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (willtravelfortea)
Sep 6 YVR-SEA
Sep 7 SEA-HND/NRT-SYD (EmmyDee)
Sep 17 SYD-HND-YVR (willtravelfortea)
Sep 17 YVR-SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (reton)
Sep 18 YVR-SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (surfingsd)
Sep 24 SYD-HND/NRT-SFO-YVR (reton)
Sep 26 SYD-NRT/HND-SFO-YVR (EmmyDee)
Sep 26 YVR-SFO (yutuyu)
Sep 27 SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (yutuyu)

October
Oct 1 SYD-HND-YVR (surfingsd)
Oct 3 SYD-HND/NRT-SFO-YVR (yutuyu)
Oct 3 YVR-HND-SYD (andrees71)
Oct 16 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (llihlopf)
Oct 16 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (kirker, Bugeater+1)
Oct 16 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (Fredd/Mrs. Fredd)
Oct 17 SYD-HND (andrees71)
Oct 17 YVR-SFO-NRT (mowogo)
Oct 18 HND-SYD (mowogo)
Oct 22 SYD-HND-YVR (llihlopf)
Oct 23 SYD-HND-YVR (Fredd/Mrs. Fredd, Bugeater+1)
Oct 24 HND-YVR (andrees71)
Oct 24 SYD-HND (mowogo)
Oct 25 HND-YVR (mowogo)
Oct 29 SYD-HND-YVR (kirker)

November
Nov 2 YVR-HND-SYD (thyeri)
Nov 6- YVR-SEA-NRT HND-SYD (dany2k3m)
Nov 7 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (YYCCL3, acomp27)
Nov 8 YVR-HND HND-SYD Nov 11 (schnapperin)
Nov 8 YVR-HND-SYD (dlandz)
Nov 8 YVR-HND-SYD (Tracon, Mrs Tracon & Tracon jr.)
Nov 8 YVR-SEA (overnight)-NRT/HND-SYD (foxflyer)
Nov 8 YVR-SEA (overnight)-NRT|HND-SYD (pushmyredbutton)
Nov 13 SYD-HND-YVR (YYCCL3)
Nov 13 SYD-HND NRT-SFO-YVR (acomp27)
Nov 14 SYD-HND HND- YVR Nov 15 (dany2k3m)
Nov 14 SYD-HND HND- YVR Nov 15 (Tracon, Mrs Tracon & Tracon jr.)
Nov 14 YVR-HND-SYD (VladQ)
Nov 15 SYD-HND NRT-SEA-YVR Nov 16 (schnapperin)
Nov 15 SYD-HND|NRT-SFO (pushmyredbutton)
Nov 19 SYD-HND-YVR (dlandz)
Nov 20 YVR-HND-SYD (stratofortress, Majuki)
Nov 22 YVR-NRT AC 3 (canadiancow)
Nov 25 HND-SYD NH 879 (canadiancow)
Nov 27 SYD-TYO-SFO-YVR (stratofortress)
Nov 27 SYD-HND-YVR (Majuki)
Nov 27 SYD-HND-YVR (VladQ)
Nov 29 SYD-HND NH 880 (canadiancow)
Nov 30 NRT-SFO NH 8 (canadiancow - upgraded to F)
Nov 30 YVR-HND (flmyngo)
Nov 30 YVR-HND-SYD (raccoon)

December
Dec 2 HND-SYD (flmyngo)
Dec 5 YVR-HND (devguybc)
Dec 6 YVR-SEA-NRT HND-SYD Dec 9 (seks)
Dec 6 YVR-SEA (overnight) (nomadic.relief)
Dec 7 SEA-NRT HND-SYD (nomadic.relief)
Dec 7 YVR-HND (jerryhze)
Dec 7 YVR-HND (pushmyredbutton)
Dec 10 HND-SYD (pushmyredbutton)
Dec 10 SYD-HND-YVR (raccoon)
Dec 11 HND-SYD (jerryhze)
Dec 13 SYD-HND NRT-SFO (pushmyredbutton - upgraded to F)
Dec 13 HND-SYD (devguybc)
Dec 18 SYD-HND NRT-SFO-YVR Dec 19 (seks)
Dec 18 SYD-HND (devguybc)
Dec 19 HND-LAX-YVR (devguybc)
Dec 19 SYD-HND NRT-SFO-YVR (nomadic.relief - upgraded to F)
Dec 24 SYD-HND-YVR (jerryhze)
Dec 25 SYD-HND (flmyngo)
Dec 26 HND-YVR (flmyngo)

March
Mar 4 SYD-HND-YVR (thyeri)
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 7, 17, 7:32 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
NH marketed.

I cannot seem to change the outbound without it refaring into P class.

Not that I'm really interested in changing at this point. Just trying to see what I can do.
Interesting. This error fare has actually made me impressed at UA's IT! .bomb no more!
Old Aug 7, 17, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
NH marketed.

I cannot seem to change the outbound without it refaring into P class.

Not that I'm really interested in changing at this point. Just trying to see what I can do.

i booked directly on ANA site. Option to change it online, for the updated new "real" price of $15K (Canadian), but not going to do that. haha
Old Aug 7, 17, 9:29 pm

Could someone add us to the wiki?

Sept 18 YVR-SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (surfingsd)
Old Aug 8, 17, 5:37 am

Programs: JL JGP Emerald, NH Plat, DL Gold, VS Gold, EK Gold, Hilton DM, IHG Spire, Accor Gold, SPG/Marriott P
Smile

Originally Posted by surfingsd View Post
Could someone add us to the wiki?

Sept 18 YVR-SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (surfingsd)
Me too! Want someone to add me to the wiki, Mine is:

Spet 17 YVR-SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (reton)

Thank you!
Old Aug 8, 17, 10:20 am

Programs: AA PLT, ex-UA 1K, Sixt Plat.
MAJOR UPDATE:

I'll be damned: I'm one of the ones who did not receive an e-ticket when I purchased my booking -- and as of this morning it was still showing up as "Purchased/Not Ticketed" -- but I finally called ANA directly about it and they formally booked the ticket!!!

Here's what happened in my case, and I'm guessing a lot of FTers are in a similar boat: immediately after booking the original ticket, I received an email from NH stating that the time of my connecting UA flight to SFO had changed. That was the only email I received until today. I called today thinking there was zero chance I'd get the ticket, and basically only because they still had a hold on my debit card for the ticket amount that I wanted them to free up.

So: I called their 800 number, and the CSR's response was that the reason they hadn't yet issued my ticket -- and apparently the only -- was because they needed my "authorization" for the UA flight change. I said yes, and the CSR said the ticket would be processed and issued "within the next 24 hours." I was naturally skeptical, but lo and behold, I received my e-ticket along with a US$636 debit card charge statement less than 10 minutes later!!!

I've read this entire thread, and unless I missed something, it sounds like I'm the only one thus far who didn't receive an e-ticket shortly after booking but did get one issued days later. So call ANA, FTers, CALL NOW!!! :-D
Old Aug 8, 17, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Fair play to ANA!!!
Old Aug 8, 17, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by kirker View Post
MAJOR UPDATE:

I'll be damned: I'm one of the ones who did not receive an e-ticket when I purchased my booking -- and as of this morning it was still showing up as "Purchased/Not Ticketed" -- but I finally called ANA directly about it and they formally booked the ticket!!!

Here's what happened in my case, and I'm guessing a lot of FTers are in a similar boat: immediately after booking the original ticket, I received an email from NH stating that the time of my connecting UA flight to SFO had changed. That was the only email I received until today. I called today thinking there was zero chance I'd get the ticket, and basically only because they still had a hold on my debit card for the ticket amount that I wanted them to free up.

So: I called their 800 number, and the CSR's response was that the reason they hadn't yet issued my ticket -- and apparently the only -- was because they needed my "authorization" for the UA flight change. I said yes, and the CSR said the ticket would be processed and issued "within the next 24 hours." I was naturally skeptical, but lo and behold, I received my e-ticket along with a US$636 debit card charge statement less than 10 minutes later!!!

I've read this entire thread, and unless I missed something, it sounds like I'm the only one thus far who didn't receive an e-ticket shortly after booking but did get one issued days later. So call ANA, FTers, CALL NOW!!! :-D
There's going to be a lot of happy people that has "Purchased/Not Ticketed" if that's the case
Old Aug 8, 17, 10:53 am

Programs: UA 1K; AA Platinum; SPGold; GoldPoints Gold; most other FF programs...
MAJOR UPDATE:

On the phone with them now, but when they went to "price" the itinerary after accepting the scheduling change, they quoted me over $4k... and they are not going to honor the ticket.
Old Aug 8, 17, 10:55 am

Programs: *A
MAJOR UPDATE:

It appears we are on the same flights ex YVR. Same result for me this morning. The only thing holding up the ticketing was the flight departure time change of ~15mins ex YVR.

Please add mine to wiki:
Oct 16 YVR-SFO-NRT|HND-SYD (llihlopf)
Oct 22 SYD-HND-YVR (llihlopf)
Old Aug 8, 17, 11:46 am

So two success one unsuccess. YMMV?
Old Aug 8, 17, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FoxFlyer View Post
On the phone with them now, but when they went to "price" the itinerary after accepting the scheduling change, they quoted me over $4k... and they are not going to honor the ticket.
Did you recived the time change mail aswell?
Old Aug 8, 17, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I called yesterday and was told the same thing. My PNR is showing as cancelled today. I wasn't going to argue with them about it. Still disappointed though.
Old Aug 8, 17, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K; AA Platinum; SPGold; GoldPoints Gold; most other FF programs...
Major update - update!

So - I just got a call from ANA - they are now honoring my ticket. They recharged my card and issued the tickets. Received confirmation email.

She reminded me it was a system error, and they were now going to honor it. (I had mentioned in my previous calls I was "disappointed" they weren't honoring it when other tickets had been issued for the same issue).

CAN NOT BELIEVE IT! Wow... totally stunned and excited to spend a few days in Sydney!!!

Nov 8 - YVR-SEA-NRT/HND-SYD
Nov 15 - SYD-HND/NRT-SFO-YVR

Last edited by FoxFlyer; Aug 8, 17 at 5:32 pm Reason: Added Dates/Routing
Old Aug 8, 17, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT, ex-UA 1K, Sixt Plat.
So - I just got a call from ANA - they are now honoring my ticket. They recharged my card and issued the tickets. Received confirmation email.

She reminded me it was a system error, and they were now going to honor it. (I had mentioned in my previous calls I was "disappointed" they weren't honoring it when other tickets had been issued for the same issue).

CAN NOT BELIEVE IT! Wow... totally stunned and excited to spend a few days in Sydney!!!
Congrats!!!
Old Aug 8, 17, 4:31 pm

I'm in the same boat. Purchased not ticketed with an immediate change in flight email. Called today per the posts and quoted $4K. About 3 hours later received a call from the call center asking explaining the error and that they would honor the original price. I reconfirmed credit card number, change in flight, and I'm now ticketed.

Nov. 6 : YVR-SFO-HND / NRT-SYD
Nov. 15 : SYD-HND- YVR

Search this Thread