FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] Ana yvr - syd $559 rt
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:53 am
FoxFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Originally Posted by kirker
MAJOR UPDATE:

I'll be damned: I'm one of the ones who did not receive an e-ticket when I purchased my booking -- and as of this morning it was still showing up as "Purchased/Not Ticketed" -- but I finally called ANA directly about it and they formally booked the ticket!!!

Here's what happened in my case, and I'm guessing a lot of FTers are in a similar boat: immediately after booking the original ticket, I received an email from NH stating that the time of my connecting UA flight to SFO had changed. That was the only email I received until today. I called today thinking there was zero chance I'd get the ticket, and basically only because they still had a hold on my debit card for the ticket amount that I wanted them to free up.

So: I called their 800 number, and the CSR's response was that the reason they hadn't yet issued my ticket -- and apparently the only -- was because they needed my "authorization" for the UA flight change. I said yes, and the CSR said the ticket would be processed and issued "within the next 24 hours." I was naturally skeptical, but lo and behold, I received my e-ticket along with a US$636 debit card charge statement less than 10 minutes later!!!

I've read this entire thread, and unless I missed something, it sounds like I'm the only one thus far who didn't receive an e-ticket shortly after booking but did get one issued days later. So call ANA, FTers, CALL NOW!!! :-D
On the phone with them now, but when they went to "price" the itinerary after accepting the scheduling change, they quoted me over $4k... and they are not going to honor the ticket.