Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Please could you provide links to these cases?

Any argument can be forwarded. However, based on the several have read I have told you what the test is. The less relevant your argument is to that test the less likely you would succeed.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...efundable.html

To know it was a mistake you'd have to know what a mistake is and the airlines have made tremendous progress in blurring that line.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 7:10 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lack

To know it was a mistake you'd have to know what a mistake is and the airlines have made tremendous progress in blurring that line.
Please read what I wrote as the test. It is not just "you know it is a mistake".
Old Dec 30, 2016, 7:16 pm

This case is not relevant. It relates to whether fares are refundable and how much you get back. I haven't had a problem getting all my money back here, the refundability of the fare is not the problem with this one. AZ seem to be more than willing to refund 100% of the money here.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 7:17 pm

Please read what I wrote as the test. It is not just "you know it is a mistake".
Knowing or reasonably believing is kinda irrelevant if the mistake part isn't defined, now is it?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 7:21 pm

Knowing or reasonably believing is kinda irrelevant if the mistake part isn't defined, now is it?
Nope. In the cases I have seen the claimant does not need to know the exact mechanics of the mistake to have been judged on whether the reasonably believed a mistake existed.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 7:31 pm

This case is not relevant. It relates to whether fares are refundable and how much you get back. I haven't had a problem getting all my money back here, the refundability of the fare is not the problem with this one. AZ seem to be more than willing to refund 100% of the money here.
Read up the thread, plenty of people were told they'd have to pay the cancel fee. Not the point though. Similarity is in the claimed loss of revenue.

Nope. In the cases I have seen the claimant does not need to know the exact mechanics of the mistake to have been judged on whether the reasonably believed a mistake existed.
How can you believe a mistake existed if you don't know what a mistake is? Unless somehow the courts have gotten confused and put the consumer in the expert seats where they are expected to know the airline business better then the actual airline does?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 7:38 pm

Read up the thread, plenty of people were told they'd have to pay the cancel fee. Not the point though. Similarity is in the claimed loss of revenue.
You are right, it isn't the point and refundability isn't the issue here so I still have no idea why you posted that case? Are any of those people still out of pocket or now being refused a full refund?

How can you believe a mistake existed if you don't know what a mistake is? Unless somehow the courts have gotten confused and put the consumer in the expert seats where they are expected to know the airline business better then the actual airline does?
You can know or have a reasonable belief something isn't right without knowing the specific reasons why.

No case I have seen has involved the claimaint being asked to explain what the mistake is since it is not necessary for the claimant to understand the mechanics of the mistake to judge the case.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 7:51 pm

You are right, it isn't the point and refundability isn't the issue here so I still have no idea why you posted that case? Are any of those people still out of pocket or now being refused a full refund?
If the airline claims the price is a mistake, then it should prove it's taking a loss - similarly to those cases where the airline was asked to prove the same thing with canceled bookings.

Refundability is a cherry on top - airline wants to have a mulligan with the same fare that you at least initially are being denied a mulligan.

You can know or have a reasonable belief something isn't right without knowing the specific reasons why.

No case I have seen has involved the claimaint being asked to explain what the mistake is since it is not necessary for the claimant to understand the mechanics of the mistake to judge the case.
That's why I started trying to establish that the real issue is the price here, not the mechanics. And it's very hard and tricky to prove for an airline that the price was a mistake and you should have known it because of the way the airline business works now.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Best of luck, Lack.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by ghost_
Best of luck, Lack.
Is lack actually taking any action?
Old Dec 31, 2016, 2:53 am

Programs: BA, AA, AZ, LH, O6, AF
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Please do.
I will onlysuites
Old Dec 31, 2016, 2:56 am

Programs: BA, AA, AZ, LH, O6, AF
I began the legal way because the rate has been sold on all GDS not for 10 minutes but for more than 10 days

DOW8C
"SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 28NOV16 / 0419 EXPIRES 10DEC16 / 1117"

This will make it very difficult for alitalia justify it as a computer error

I believe that one of the objectives of this forum is to help other users to take advantage of the best deals, not to demolish in words anyone who tries a different path from that desired by the company (ie. reimburse more tickets as possible).

Many times I remboursed quickly some error-that I had bought, because the ticket did not interest me that much.

In this case I am Italian, the rate I got is for me very interesting (Japan EUR 630) and I have the tools to try to win the game with AZ, so I try.

We'll see how it goes!
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The test is whether the person booking knew reasonably believe it was a mistake at the time the booking was made.
Close but not quite: the test to establish whether the contract can be voided for mistake would be whether the purchaser knew or should reasonably have known that it was a mistake. This is the typical common law test, though. Other legal systems have similar but not quite identical tests. You would have to be familiar with the Italian legal system to decide how Italian law deals with it.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 5:48 am

Is lack actually taking any action?
Don't really have a reason to, but I'll cheer for anyone who does.

Originally Posted by diego980
This will make it very difficult for alitalia justify it as a computer error
The computer error boogeyman is the most insulting thing here for me. It's not like someone miss typed or auto correct turned FLR-ROM-DUS into "non direct travel only" without any other checks or validation tools in place. This type of error required quite a generous dose of negligence on AZ part.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by diego980
I will onlysuites
Don't let the others discourage you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.